The Student Room Group

GCSE Mocks

So i've got some of my gcse mocks back and i'm disappointed. So far I've got a D in Triple science Biology and two marks off a B in Business Studies and my physics is on Wednesday. I've been revising for so long but it does not seem to be paying off
What revision strategies do you guys/girls use?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kavin123
So i've got some of my gcse mocks back and i'm disappointed. So far I've got a D in Triple science Biology and two marks off a B in Business Studies and my physics is on Wednesday. I've been revising for so long but it does not seem to be paying off

This might seem weird but what will happen is you start to find that you're getting better grades if you knuckle down even harder for the last couple of weeks in Year 10 and also in Year 11. Then you'll be cramming the night before your real exams!

GCSEs are overrated, if I'm honest! (Just finished Year 11).
Original post by Jamie Vardy
This might seem weird but what will happen is you start to find that you're getting better grades if you knuckle down even harder for the last couple of weeks in Year 10 and also in Year 11. Then you'll be cramming the night before your real exams!

GCSEs are overrated, if I'm honest! (Just finished Year 11).

I agree I just did my gcses and the exams seemed much easier than my mocks- even though I did little revision. They are definitely overrated, there is way too much of a dramatic buildup.
Original post by sunshine774
I agree I just did my gcses and the exams seemed much easier than my mocks- even though I did little revision. They are definitely overrated, there is way too much of a dramatic buildup.

Thanks so much for building up my confidence and releasing that these end of year mocks don't mean as much as I'm interpreting out to be.

You're only in Year 10, you don't have anything to worry about tbh! It will all come together in the end trust me. And as others have already said, GCSEs are overrated and you can get away with revising the night before the real exam lmao:biggrin:
Try saying your notes out loud that helps me so much as I struggle to remember when I just read or write.
Also you could record them onto your phone and play them back as you fall asleep so it's the last thing you think of before you sleep which means your brain categorises it as important information.
Past papers are extremely important. I mainly revised using past papers, questions are often repeated and it shows how many actual marks you can pick up without knowing much when you know exam technique.
Thanks so much for building up my confidence and releasing that these end of year mocks don't mean as much as I'm interpreting out to be.

Its OK- just remember to stay super chilled in yr 11 and you will achieve amazing grades! There is no point in getting stressed.:smile:
Best of luck!x:biggrin:
Original post by romansholiday
You're only in Year 10, you don't have anything to worry about tbh! It will all come together in the end trust me. And as others have already said, GCSEs are overrated and you can get away with revising the night before the real exam lmao:biggrin:

Ha ha did this for every subject! (or in the morning):wink:

Quick Reply

Latest