The Student Room Group

Your 'oh ****' moments

Scroll to see replies

When I answered all the questions in my RS mock exam :innocent:
Reply 21
Original post by Plagioclase
Today when I realised that I messed up an integral a week ago resulting in a weeks' worth of invalid experiments...

That sucks man, sorry :frown:
Original post by Questioness
That sucks man, sorry :frown:

Well... at least it's working now lol
When you did your(AS) chem test and you got a D and you ask for a retest and you improve by 1.5% and you still gotta D and then you realise this schinitzewizel's gonna be part of your predicted grades and you gonna apply to uni with that ****
Original post by drowzee
This is so me. I can trip over thin air :rofl: My hands are also useless and I always spill/break things:frown:

Same, it is so annoying/strange :redface: how do people not do it :lol: :console: I feel your pain, chemistry practicals were a nightmare. :hide:
I spotted a mistake that I had made just as the time had run out in a university exam. :colonhash:
Reply 26
took a train to the other side of the country and when the departure times on "single" and "return" ticket was very similar - 30 mins apart. tickets were booked 2 months in advance so they were super cheap. but when it was time to catch the train back home, i confused the train times and was so chill like, yeah i got 40 mins till train comes i can walk to the station. checked the ticket just in case, as an afterthought - it was due to come in 10 mins and i was in the middle of ****ing nowhere :smile: and mind you i was 17 at the time, alone, phone dead, at 8pm, while it was raining.

Anyway long story short after i got to the train station 15 mins later, had to pay something like £180 for a return, didn't have time to dwell on the fact that i now had a whopping £10 in my savings account, and legged it to the platform. got to the next train on the skin of my teeth. the only way i consoled myself was by the fact that the train i ended up taking was a 3hr30min journey rather than the 4hrs my scheduled train would've taken.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by SeanFM
Same, it is so annoying/strange :redface: how do people not do it :lol: :console: I feel your pain, chemistry practicals were a nightmare. :hide:

I know how you feel. I broke the pear shaped flask from that darn quick fit kit (multiple times)

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Got my Weiner stuck in a toaster
I know how you feel. I broke the pear shaped flask from that darn quick fit kit (multiple times)

Spoiler

Oof, that must've been awkward :hide: and expensive :s-smilie:
My gran gave me my driving lesson money one week and since I was out, she put it in an envelope and put it through my letter box and when I got back home that night I went to open it and instead of opening it from the top, I ended up ripping it right through the middle and ripped the notes perfectly in half :colondollar: I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I blame the fact it was a long day and I was tired but tbh, I'm just a ditzy person in general :laugh:
Walked my neighbours dog for money once. Took him to the park, let him off the lead and after a little while walked him back home. I'd been saving up for months to buy a new desk (yes, I'm that fun), and once my neighbour gave me the money I immediately got my mum to take me to Ikea to buy it. We came home to find my neighbour in tears on our doorstep. Turns out I'd brought the wrong damn dog home.

Spoiler

Spilling barbeque sauce everywhere at work last week. It went everywhere. I just thought 'can't I just rewind a few seconds and not do that?'
Similar to @Shazen but I started getting changed in the female changing room with the entire class of girls.

It was an accident I swear:

aa.png
(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

Lol that's funny i broke some quickfit stuff loads of times, >.>
Then again it was the only time i've ever used it and the teacher didn't tell us we had clips to secure stuff and then what happened was that i assembled most of the stuff for distillation and then suddenly one of the pieces i put it smashed on the table then a few other pieces did too and i pooped my pants, i was like oh boy....
Original post by The_Meritocrat
Similar to @Shazen but I started getting changed in the female changing room with the entire class of girls.

It was an accident I swear:

aa.png

Mine was an accident too:

:bl::beer::drool:
Reply 36
When you get asked a question and you answer it without thinking.

Ex: In Chem class.

Teacher: name a type of catalyst

Me: enzymes

(Facepalms because we are in chemistry class not biology)
One time when I sat an exam I subconsciously started to turn and read the pages of the exam booklet and then I just realised "oh **** I'm in an exam!" Luckily I never got caught!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Indeterminate
I spotted a mistake that I had made just as the time had run out in a university exam. :colonhash:

Happened to me in GCSE's I got so angry for some reason and head butted the wall in school. :banghead:
Original post by Shazen
Happened to me in GCSE's I got so angry for some reason and head butted the wall in school. :banghead:

bloody hell...

Quick Reply

Latest