The Student Room Group

Is anyone genuinely worried about the future of this country? - racist incident

Basically today my Mum and Sister were boarding a bus and an elderly lady went up to them unprovoked and shouted "Whites only on this bus".

I think regardless of which way the result went in the referendum this would have happened, simply because of the very existence of the referendum.

I am just seeing carnage everywhere in my life. I can't hold down a job, I keep getting promises of a job and then the employer pulling my job offer (this has happened twice). I have a British full name but I am an ethnic minority, I doubt I would get to so many interviews if I had an ethnic minority name. I think in part this explains why I get rejected after so many job interviews even after going to so many workshops and one on ones.

Does anyone else feel the same ? Like the future is just pretty bleak? I mean, I am alright for money as I have my own side venture, but I just feel like I will never establish a career at this point... I'm 25.

Also, I worry about the safety of my family. This time it was a racist old lady, next time it might be worse.
Reply 1
That just sounds like a funny joke.

Racism against minorities isn't much of a thing nowadays, well not in the UK, but I think white people have the right to be angry when "ethnic minorities" have things handed to them a lot easier, with "positive discrimination". (nothing positive about it!)

For example, look at creative access, which recruit most of the workers for the BBC:
http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities
They discriminate against white people.

So you, as an ethnic minority, don't really have to worry about your job as much as us.
this happened
Original post by omfgalib
That just sounds like a funny joke.

Racism against minorities isn't much of a thing nowadays, well not in the UK, but I think white people have the right to be angry when "ethnic minorities" have things handed to them a lot easier, with "positive discrimination". (nothing positive about it!)

For example, look at creative access, which recruit most of the workers for the BBC:
http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities
They discriminate against white people.

So you, as an ethnic minority, don't really have to worry about your job as much as us.

Do you live under a rock? The amount of racist incidents since the referendum have been insane.

Ethnic minorities do not have things handed to them a lot easier, try being an ethnic minority in the process of trying to get a job. Also don't cherrypick examples such as the BBC.
Original post by richpanda
this happened

Yes, it did. And shame to those that deny it is happening all over the country.
Meanwhile another attack by Islamists in Medina....

Seems to me that nobody is concerned about international Islamism but there is an outbreak of Islamophobia when a Muslim is so much as breathed on.

I'm more concerned by actual racism, like Muslim, Pakistini men groomng 11-14 year-old white children in the UK, which people such as yourself start off with 'just a minority' 'what about Jimmy Saville' 'There are .2 billion..' bla bla bla.

The mentally toward racism in this country is scary, the bias is even scarier when a certain group can be mistreated with a blind eye turnt. Minorities are allowed to be racist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by James.Carnell
Do you live under a rock? The amount of racist incidents since the referendum have been insane.

Ethnic minorities do not have things handed to them a lot easier, try being an ethnic minority in the process of trying to get a job. Also don't cherrypick examples such as the BBC.

It's hard for anyone to get a job in this country, especially one above minimum wage. I'm not "cherrypick"ing an example, so called "positive discrimination" ( or "affirmative action" in the US) has happened all over the country for years.
That's why, on application forms for so many things, you have to fill in your nationality and race, because it's all so PC to employ foreign blood.

And "racist incidents"? People had these opinions all along, but now white people are getting their voice back. There has only been an increase in reports, because the media has gone mad, which we know is anti-white.

Johnny Rebel is one of my favourite American artists, and I think his music, about the situations over the pond, reflect much of this country, except our voice is being trampled on by political correctness.
Maybe you should give some of his tracks a listen.
It's hard for anyone to get a job in this country, especially one above minimum wage. I'm not "cherrypick"ing an example, so called "positive discrimination" ( or "affirmative action" in the US) has happened all over the country for years.
That's why, on application forms for so many things, you have to fill in your nationality and race, because it's all so PC to employ foreign blood.

And "racist incidents"? People had these opinions all along, but now white people are getting their voice back. There has only been an increase in reports, because the media has gone mad, which we know is anti-white.

Johnny Rebel is one of my favourite American artists, and I think his music, about the situations over the pond, reflect much of this country, except our voice is being trampled on by political correctness.
Maybe you should give some of his tracks a listen.

Well, really it is going back to 70s and 80s levels. There has definitely been an increase because in 25 years my family have not faced in your face racist abuse in the street, randomly out of nowhere.

"white people are getting their voice back" Well, the racists of the white people are thinking it is ok to go around aggravating people. People are having their shops vandalized , getting beat up in the street and all sorts.
Good.

smh

Quick Reply

Latest