The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

@spotify95 If I ever want loud speakers, I would definitely consult an Electronical Engineer, if I'm not one........:tongue:

All this stuff does sound interesting(pun intended) :tongue:

Original post by hamza772000
@Matrix123 It sure is! :biggrin:

Yeah, I definitely would. :smile:

Wait, I'm confused, people say what to you irl? :tongue:

'Thanks for thinking' ? I think that's the first time I've ever heard that! Just shows how nice you are. :smile:

but why ? :tongue:

Yup :biggrin:

Awesome! :h:

Yup, they do...and that I shouldn't be apologise as much as I do :redface:

Ohhhh...typo :colondollar: That was meant to say "Thanks for thanking"

I was not just trying to be nice; I was trying to be friendly and help - as I said before :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123

Awesome! :h:

Yup, they do...and that I shouldn't be apologise as much as I do :redface:

Ohhhh...typo :colondollar: That was meant to say "Thanks for thanking"

I was not just trying to be nice; I was trying to be friendly and help - as I said before :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, okay, sometimes I apologise too much too, I just don't want no conflict :tongue:

Oh, dw, it happens :smile:

Well, thanks for the friendliness and help too! :biggrin:

btw, what are you up to now? (if you don't mind saying it :wink: )

Oh, okay, sometimes I apologise too much too, I just don't want no conflict :tongue:

Oh, dw, it happens :smile:

Well, thanks for the friendliness and help too! :biggrin:

btw, what are you up to now? (if you don't mind saying it :wink: )

Haha, OK. Me neither :tongue:

Yup :redface:

My pleasure! :h:

Well, if you want all the info... (if you don't, I apologise :tongue:) I was going to get a head start on my homework so started looking up the specification for some subjects. For A Level, do you know what exam boards you'll have? Anyway, I got a bit distracted by TSR so decided to stop looking at that and am now listening to music whilst going on TSR :biggrin: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya
I knew nothing about that last paragraph:eek:,thanks for all this info
So why do colleges and sixth form encourage us to do 4 A-levels/4AS,3A-levels?
And in some uni prospectus i have seens grade AAA or grade AABa and they accep both..... Is that just a few uni that do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's alright - the university requirements system can get a bit complicated at times!

I suppose the reason why they make you do 4 AS levels, then drop down to 3 A2's is that if you're struggling in one of your AS's, then you can drop it - alternatively you can just drop one anyway and concentrate on the 3 most relevant subjects.
And if you apply to a university that accepts UCAS points, rather than A Level grades, then you'll stand with an advantage, having the additional AS level.
As for the two - AABa would be AAB at A2 and an additional A at AS (i.e. the 4th subject that was dropped)? Also, some universities have two different grade requirements (i.e. AAA - AAB) and that puzzles me, why not just have the one requirement?
I suppose the AS can also be taken into consideration if you miss the requirements, but not by much - for example, getting AABb in A2 (and AS) when the requirement is AAA, has a better chance than someone who just has AAB, or AABd etc. But I don't kow everything about UCAS/universities/grades. So long as you get in, that's all that matters :yep:

@Matrix123 I don't mind the info :tongue: :smile:

Oh, that's great! :smile:

Erm, I know I'm going to be doing OCR Physics, and AQA Computing(I had a look a the spec for this), but for Maths I don't know, which is kind of annoying because well, you already know, that's my favourite, so what I'll do is, I'll just assume it's Edexcel, because that's what I did for GCSE, and I don't think there'd be much difference between different exam boards but it's still best to know which exact one you're going to be doing. :redface:

Do you know which exam boards you're doing? Well, I assume you do because you had lessons today :tongue:, if so which ones?

I was just on YouTube, I need to kill some time, till I break my fast at 9:45 PM(Oh, I'm fasting btw) I know it's not good but.......:frown:

@Matrix123 I don't mind the info :tongue: :smile:

Oh, that's great! :smile:

Erm, I know I'm going to be doing OCR Physics, and AQA Computing(I had a look a the spec for this), but for Maths I don't know, which is kind of annoying because well, you already know, that's my favourite, so what I'll do is, I'll just assume it's Edexcel, because that's what I did for GCSE, and I don't think there'd be much difference between different exam boards but it's still best to know which exact one you're going to be doing. :redface:

Do you know which exam boards you're doing? Well, I assume you do because you had lessons today :tongue:, if so which ones?

I was just on YouTube, I need to kill some time, till I break my fast at 9:45 PM(Oh, I'm fasting btw) I know it's not good but.......:frown:

Phewww! :tongue:

Yup :h: gotta go for tea now...pretty late know :redface:

Awesome, I'm doing OCR physics too! :five: My maths is Edexcel - it'd be cool if you're doing the same :smile: Yup, I think that's the best thing to do for now:yep:

It wasn't lessons, just random stufd about the sixth form in general :tongue:

Cool :biggrin: ahhh (Ramadan?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Matrix123 Haha, dw, I usually have tea at random times too :smile:

Yeah, it would be great :biggrin:

If you say so :biggrin: :tongue:

Oh, ok, you said you got homework so I thought you had lessons, sorry :redface:

Yep, tomorrow's the last day :smile:

@spotify95 If I ever want loud speakers, I would definitely consult an Electronical Engineer, if I'm not one........:tongue:

All this stuff does sound interesting(pun intended) :tongue:

Yep, and I'd be able to give you some good advice :smile:

Unfortunately, Logitech has stopped selling the Z5500's... and instead they have the Z906s. They've the newest model of the surround speakers, but from what I've heard from reviews, they're not as good as the Z5500s...

Hence, you can buy a new set of Z906s for about £270... yet the Z5500s are selling USED on eBay for close to £200. I got mine for £185 (used) and they are excellent.

Original post by spotify95
Yep, and I'd be able to give you some good advice :smile:

Unfortunately, Logitech has stopped selling the Z5500's... and instead they have the Z906s. They've the newest model of the surround speakers, but from what I've heard from reviews, they're not as good as the Z5500s...

Hence, you can buy a new set of Z906s for about £270... yet the Z5500s are selling USED on eBay for close to £200. I got mine for £185 (used) and they are excellent.

I would definitely ask for your advice if I end up doing that. :smile:

Well, you saved £85 and got better speakers, sounds like a great deal :biggrin:

@Matrix123 Haha, dw, I usually have tea at random times too :smile:

Yeah, it would be great :biggrin:

If you say so :biggrin: :tongue:

Oh, ok, you said you got homework so I thought you had lessons, sorry :redface:

Yep, tomorrow's the last day :smile:

Haha, OK :biggrin:

Yup :h:

I did :biggrin: :tongue:

No need to apologise! :tongue: the actual lessons got cancelled because of the strike tomorrow so it's just no lessons but homework :tongue:

I see...oooh, awesome! I bet you're looking forward to that...and only about 7 minutes left for today...:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spotify95
That's alright - the university requirements system can get a bit complicated at times!

I suppose the reason why they make you do 4 AS levels, then drop down to 3 A2's is that if you're struggling in one of your AS's, then you can drop it - alternatively you can just drop one anyway and concentrate on the 3 most relevant subjects.
And if you apply to a university that accepts UCAS points, rather than A Level grades, then you'll stand with an advantage, having the additional AS level.
As for the two - AABa would be AAB at A2 and an additional A at AS (i.e. the 4th subject that was dropped)? Also, some universities have two different grade requirements (i.e. AAA - AAB) and that puzzles me, why not just have the one requirement?
I suppose the AS can also be taken into consideration if you miss the requirements, but not by much - for example, getting AABb in A2 (and AS) when the requirement is AAA, has a better chance than someone who just has AAB, or AABd etc. But I don't kow everything about UCAS/universities/grades. So long as you get in, that's all that matters :yep:

Eveything in life is complicated not just uni.....

I wish the uni i go to will use the ucas points instead of grades.... So i get the advantage

Thanks for all this, very much appreciated :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
@Matrix123 Oh, sorry for apologising earlier :tongue:

So you don't have to go tomorrow, right?

Erm.......yeah kind of, but I'n going to miss Ramadan :redface: :tongue:

Sorry for the late reply, had to go eat, to break my fast :tongue:

@Matrix123 Oh, sorry for apologising earlier :tongue:

So you don't have to go tomorrow, right?

Erm.......yeah kind of, but I'n going to miss Ramadan :redface: :tongue:

Sorry for the late reply, had to go eat, to break my fast :tongue:

No worries :tongue:

Nope, no school tomorrow :biggrin:

Aww, fair enough :smile:

No worries. I wasn't expecting you to reply until much later - you were very speedy! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Matrix123 Thanks for accepting my apology, which was to apologise for previously apologising :tongue:

Oh, great! :biggrin:

Oh really?! I thought I was really late :redface: Don't like to leave people hanging y'see :tongue:

@Matrix123 Thanks for accepting my apology, which was to apologise for previously apologising :tongue:

Oh, great! :biggrin:

Oh really?! I thought I was really late :redface: Don't like to leave people hanging y'see :tongue:

No worries! :tongue:

No, you were definitely not late! Hehe that makes me feel bad for when I've just gone to bed and probably left you hanging...

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Matrix123 Haha, no! dw, that's a whole different scenario :smile: :tongue:

@Matrix123 Haha, no! dw, that's a whole different scenario :smile: :tongue:

Haha, if you say so! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Matrix123 Yep. :biggrin:

bte, I may have asked this before but have you been posting on here since 2014? Just curious :tongue:

@Matrix123 Yep. :biggrin:

bte, I may have asked this before but have you been posting on here since 2014? Just curious :tongue:

You haven't asked this before. Nope - created my account in July 2015 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest