Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennyellen_
Did mine today!
VR - 700
AR - 630
QR - 890
SJ - Band 1

Overall pretty pleased 😊

Would definitely recommend the UKCAT 1000 book as that's all I used, and defs skipping/guessing harder questions and coming back later if you have the time. *

QR 890???
1)Tips for timing please. - For QR

2)And VR tips for the comprehension questions, i.e. not the true false cant tell ones. 3) Do you read the q first or the passage?

Thanks and congrats, thats a stellar score
Original post by dakshsaksena
QR 890???
1)Tips for timing please. - For QR

2)And VR tips for the comprehension questions, i.e. not the true false cant tell ones. 3) Do you read the q first or the passage?

Thanks and congrats, thats a stellar score

Thanks!

Yeah actually ended up with a lower average than when I did it first 3 years ago 😂 Damn them taking out decision making haha.

*QR - Do as much in your head as you can. Might sound obvious but using that on screen calculator and writing everything down really uses up a lot of time! Also, if it's not relatively easy/quick, guess, flag and come back if you have time - I guessed at least 4/5 of mine so you don't actually necessarily have to get them all right to get 900 if you get me.

VR - the comprehension ones I did find it better to read the text a bit more thoroughly first time around, and then pick the relevant paragraph to the question for more detailed reading!*
Original post by UKCATrocks
Just done mine and scored
750QR
710VR
690AR (was never really good at it so I guess that's okay)
SJT Band 2

Not perfect but quite good I suppose.
Maths were okay. Some very easy (like you just add up two numbers) and some questions that were actually pretty hard because there were lots tables and information to read.

For VR I panicked a bit for the very wordy questions because I felt it took me quite a bit to read the whole bloody thing. So I ended up just reading the text quickly and then trying to find which paragraph applied to which question. Some questions use info from several paragraphs but not that many.

AR; Forget it. Some really easy, like you see it in 2 seconds. And some I am still wondering what kind of human being designed those shapes!

SJT okay.

wow amazing for such an early test date! well done, so the maths were okay??
Original post by UKCATrocks
Timing for maths worked out okay because basically I spent 3 seconds on the easy questions and 50 seconds on the harder ones. It all averages out.

For VT I had about 30% True/False and 70% of the other style. I had to guess about 10% of them in the end because time was getting tight.

My biggest problem was AR because the first two were easy but then one of them got me stuck for a good 5 minutes. I concluded that if you can't see it in the first 10 seconds then you will never see it unless you drop it and come back to it. SO that's what I did. I guessed those I couldn't do and then flagged them for review. On second viewing I was able to see new relationships that had escaped me before

70% the new style! :frown: I can only do the true false ones :frown: how can i prepare for the other style?
Booked my test for 18th august ( 2 bad news in one day, eh?). Im gonna buy the 1000 q's book, and look through youtube stuff. Anyone got any other online, preferably free, resources i could use? Also, when should i really start to bang out on it?
Original post by clairebear101
70% the new style! :frown: I can only do the true false ones :frown: how can i prepare for the other style?

I did mine on Friday and the VR gave me no T/F/CT questions.... not one!!!! was so unlucky with the mix of questions in that section, just have to skim and try your best! *
yep even just the 600Q book is enough tbh! don't waste money on the courses you'll be fine :smile:
I am adv one should do as many questions as possible to get tricks to do the question and stay within time.
I have ordered 1200 question UKCAT book as well as 1000 question
Will leave feedback once I have finished atleast 50 % of them.
Did it today

VR - 690
AR - 700
QR - 810

Band 1
I have booked for 18th august too. (Hi5) i am doing online ones atm but have odered 1000ukcat from ebay so waiting for it.😐
Original post by UncleCreepy
Did it today

VR - 690
AR - 700
QR - 810

Band 1

What score were you getting in the mocks ?
Original post by michrab123
I did mine on Friday and the VR gave me no T/F/CT questions.... not one!!!! was so unlucky with the mix of questions in that section, just have to skim and try your best! *

omg glad i found that out in time, only know how to do true and false? what score did u end up with??
Original post by OneAfrica
What score were you getting in the mocks ?

everyones doing so well and im sat here in my mocks not getting over 50% on most sections....so screwed
I am doing section vise..i find verbal reasoning most difficult. After i get my hand on all sections then i will go onto mocks. Wat abt you?
Original post by nisha devi
I am doing section vise..i find verbal reasoning most difficult. After i get my hand on all sections then i will go onto mocks. Wat abt you?

i thought i was okay on VR till i realised there are like no true/false ones now so that sucks, need to go back to that. I am REALLy struggling with the quantitave reasoning. Abstract Reasonsing is okay atm and havnt done SJ yet. Will do mock closer to the time when im back from holiday. You?
everyones doing so well and im sat here in my mocks not getting over 50% on most sections....so screwed

I'm the same and i have my exam this week 😥😥
Original post by OneAfrica
I'm the same and i have my exam this week 😥😥

I'm sure you'll doing much better than me! let me know how it goes and i wish u the very best of luck :smile:
I'm sure you'll doing much better than me! let me know how it goes and i wish u the very best of luck :smile:

Thank you very much. Hopefully i get the score I need.
Original post by jennyellen_
Did mine today!
VR - 700
AR - 630
QR - 890
SJ - Band 1

Overall pretty pleased 😊

Would definitely recommend the UKCAT 1000 book as that's all I used, and defs skipping/guessing harder questions and coming back later if you have the time. *

890 on QR. Wow fantastic! Well done
omg glad i found that out in time, only know how to do true and false? what score did u end up with??

I think its also just luck as to what mix of questions you get!!

I got 737 Average

VR 590
QR 890
AR 730
STJ Band 2

*VR was a shocker, I did a lot better in mocks so was unlucky with getting all the long questions. Was disappointed as I wanted to apply to Warwick (they care about VR being above average), but at least its over the average mark for every year so far - am hoping this year's average will be similar to last year's and it'll be fine..
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending