The Student Room Group

The recent trend for lip enhancements

Anyone else noticing the rising trend for people to have lip fillers lately?

We all know who to thank for that, but I just think it's going a bit far now. Yes big lips are beautiful, but smaller lips can look just as nice. It depends on the face. I know of some girls who've recently had lip fillers and for one yes you did notice a big improvement, but for the other I feel as if she's lost her features to her lips a bit.

I was just having a nose at the Welsh footballers wives (because boredom) and in my opinion Gareth Bale's wife looks sooo much nicer before her lip fillers. What do you think?

Before-

After-

I suppose I'm just a bit bored really :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
I agree, not everyone suits with big lips. Some look better with smaller lips.
Some girls slay it.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by Twinpeaks
Anyone else noticing the rising trend for people to have lip fillers lately?

We all know who to thank for that, but I just think it's going a bit far now. Yes big lips are beautiful, but smaller lips can look just as nice. It depends on the face. I know of some girls who've recently had lip fillers and for one yes you did notice a big improvement, but for the other I feel as if she's lost her features to her lips a bit.

I was just having a nose at the Welsh footballers wives (because boredom) and in my opinion Gareth Bale's wife looks sooo much nicer before her lip fillers. What do you think?

Before-

After-

I suppose I'm just a bit bored really :tongue:

OP do you think it's good that people are getting this done? Your personal opinion.
I think we need to focus on the downgrade in Bale's looks tbh :redface:
Some suit them, others not so much.

Kylie Jenner and her family of Kardashians
Reply 7
Original post by tailred
OP do you think it's good that people are getting this done? Your personal opinion.

I think sometimes beauty trends are very narrow focussed and succumb to quick fads. For example the heavy brow, big lip trend we are currently experiencing. That look is gorgeous on some girls, but for others it really does not suit. And that is not a bad thing, at all. But I think a lot of girls (judging by my Facebook) feel the pressure to look the same way, when that needn't be the case.

In regards to lip fillers, unless you pay a premium for a very good quality service (and even then) the majority of the time they look so fake and alien on the face that I really don't rate them. Even if they look good in a photo in real life they look so obvious because they just don't move naturally with the face, it just doesn't look right to me.
Reply 8
Original post by surina16
Some suit them, others not so much.

Kylie suits them more because she has such a strong (big) jaw, it's almost as if she was made to have big lips. But again when you see her in real life they don't look any way near as nice, and she tends to look a little like a Dolmio puppet.

That second woman is more an example of when lip fillers go seriously wrong as opposed to them not suiting her as such, imo.

Original post by surina16
I think we need to focus on the downgrade in Bale's looks tbh

:redface: I think he's improved a bit actually. But that probably has more to do with his current performance :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply