The Student Room Group

When it comes to relationships, are non good looking guys overlooked for hot guys?

This is more for the females but males feel free to answer too!
Would you date a guy who isnt good looking but (according to many others) has a great personality?
Or do they have to be like one of the popular good looking guys from schools (that type of guy)?
Because most girls nowadays want the second option which leaves me in a tricky situation when trying to find a girl that i could potentially enter a relationship with.
So are non good looking guys with a great personality (according to others) dateable?
Thanks!

Image of me contained in spoiler 1

Spoiler

Additional info contained in spoiler 2

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Females are not a species, they are a gender.

Obviously they would rather be with an attractive person rather than an ugly person.
Of course the title of the thread isn't the case! It does happen but not all the time. Personally, I'd much rather date someone "non good looking" with a great personality than a "good looking" guy with an awful personality. Who the person is underneath their appearance and pretences is what counts, in my opinion, and is what I think should be considered the most when it comes to relationships of any type.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
100% a "average looking" guy with a great personality.
I don't care how hot a guy is if his personality stinks then it's a straight up no for me.

I can relate to what you're feeling because all the good looking girls in my class has relationships and guys are always after them. One of them is so pretty she even has the nickname "pretty Emily".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anonwinner
Females are not a species, they are a gender.

Obviously they would rather be with an attractive person rather than an ugly person.

I am aware i was just joking there (edited it now to avoid rioting)

Well no **** i already know that, but im on about girls in general. Like is it possible for a non good looking guy to get a girlfriend at all?
Original post by FireFreezer77
I am aware i was just joking there (edited it now to avoid rioting)

Well no **** i already know that, but im on about girls in general. Like is it possible for a non good looking guy to get a girlfriend at all?

:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will let you know on Friday
Reply 7
Just like guys, girls like to play above their league and hope to get lucky. Hence there tends to be an adoring crowd around the most attractive people. And if you're only average looks you have to work much harder to get a look in. This said attractiveness is about looks and personality and of couse there are subconscious trade offs between what you would like and what you can get.
(edited 7 years ago)
I tell you what (I'm a guy, but f**k it) I do think that less attractive guys are overlooked in favour of their hotter counterparts. Looks aren't all there is to a relationship, it should also depend on how you truly feel about each other, and your personalities, whether they are compatible or conflicting. All this bull about a relationship only being able to work on how 'good-looking' the pair are, is just a false generalization. My cousin is (I regret to say it) rather unattractive, but her boyfriend is rather good-looking, and they just got engaged yesterday. But this is just my opinion...not like it matters anyway.
This is more for the females but males feel free to answer too!
Would you date a guy who isnt food looking but (according to many others) has a great personality?
Or do they have to be like one of the popular good looking guys from schools (that type of guy)?
Because most girls nowadays want the second option which leaves me in a tricky situation when trying to find a girl that i could potentially enter a relationship with.
So are non good looking guys with a great personality (according to others) dateable?
Thanks!

Image of me contained in spoiler 1

Spoiler

Additional info contained in spoiler 2

Spoiler

I wouldn't date a downright "ugly" guy, because I wouldn't be attracted to him, but an average guy with great personality, charisma and humour could definitely be sexy. A lot of it's in the attitude :smile:
Good looks will only get you so far, but ultimately it's personality that rules out in the end. Ever seen an ugly/average-looking guy with a hottie? Usually means he has a lot more going for him.
That said, for a quick fling and generally speaking within one's younger years, looks trump all and the best lookers will be favored over the not-so-good.

Best thing to do is maximize your appearance as best you can.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Matrix123
Of course the title of the thread isn't the case! It does happen but not all the time. Personally, I'd much rather date someone "non good looking" with a great personality than a "good looking" guy with an awful personality. Who the person is underneath their appearance and pretences is what counts, in my opinion, and is what I think should be considered the most when it comes to relationships of any type.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well thats a relief! Well that just shows how genuine you are!!!
Yeah thats what i believe too! Personality is more important than looks!
I couldnt agree more!

Spoiler

Well thats a relief! Well that just shows how genuine you are!!!
Yeah thats what i believe too! Personality is more important than looks!
I couldnt agree more!

Spoiler

Hehe, just saying what I believe. Good good! :five:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought you had a TSR girlfriend?

Spoiler

Original post by 1secondsofvamps
100% a "average looking" guy with a great personality.
I don't care how hot a guy is if his personality stinks then it's a straight up no for me.

I can relate to what you're feeling because all the good looking girls in my class has relationships and guys are always after them. One of them is so pretty she even has the nickname "pretty Emily".

Aww thats relieving!!
Good to hear it! I like how how you put personality first! Youre a genuine person!

Yeah thats always the case here too! Its just so disheartening for me!
Wow thats just wrong i think, surely others get offended by that?
Would you date a guy who isn't food looking

10/10 would date

Spoiler

It depends on the type of personality he has; if a guy makes me laugh it's a huge turn-on. I would most probably fall for a funny guy who treats me in a way that makes me feel loved and cared for (as I would treat him), even if he isn't at all good-looking.

I could never be attracted to a "hot" guy who was repulsive in so many other ways or had no personality/goals.
Ngl I get intimidated by "hot guys" and will prefer the average guys as I feel they would be more down to earth.

Original post by Zarek
Just like guys, girls like to play above their league and hope to get lucky. Hence there tends to be an adoring crowd around the most attractive people. And if you're only average looks you have to work much harder to get a look in. This said attractiveness is about looks and personality and of couse there are subconscious trade offs between what you would like and what you can get.
Arghhh!!!!!! So angry right now!!!

My last crush (who rejected me by ignoring me 1 week after we first spoke) is now sooo happy that shes seeing a guy because hes so cute!!!!
What the actual ****!!!! I was perfectly nice to her and complimented her loads! Yet shed rather be with ****ing him because hes ****ing cute!!
So angry right now!!!
Im gonna go in rage mode soon!! So angry at that!!
Like it or not, physical attraction plays an important role in whether or not someone is going to want to be in a relationship with you. However, what someone finds attractive will vary depending on the person. So while one girl might not find you attractive, another might.

For me a guy really doesn't have to be the best looking guy in the world, but if I'm not physically attracted to him then it doesn't matter how good his personality is, I won't want to be in a relationship with him.

Latest

Trending

Trending