The Student Room Group

Charles University First Faculty Sept 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hadigy
Obviously i need to finish a levels first, but i have just looked into student dorms. Btw the dorms aren't close to the uni, about 45 minutes away, so will probably get a flat or something. Renting out is pretty cheap, i think like 300 pounds a month.

God knows you're doing a levels lol
I think I'd probably go for uni halls as I wanna know more people in the first year.
£300 is a good deal, but the central of Prague is relatively expensive to live in compared to the halls
Hi, I have the exam for 1st faculty Charles and Charles Hradec next week, any tips on how to do well? What sort of questions were asked in the interview? Also for Charles 1st faculty were there 240 questions like it says on their website?

Thanks a lot
Hi,I have heard that studying medicine in Europe is an alternative if it is unlikely to get a place here. I did some digging through student room and a lot of them go through agencies because it is easier and tuition fees etc are covered. Is this all true because there is sometimes conflict on the other threads.
Reply 23
Original post by daliah123
Hi,I have heard that studying medicine in Europe is an alternative if it is unlikely to get a place here. I did some digging through student room and a lot of them go through agencies because it is easier and tuition fees etc are covered. Is this all true because there is sometimes conflict on the other threads.

Is can be good to use an agency but don't go with one that charges fees. The really good ones are employed by universities so are free bar some small costs if you need to do an exam etc.
Original post by Cooliomed
Is can be good to use an agency but don't go with one that charges fees. The really good ones are employed by universities so are free bar some small costs if you need to do an exam etc.

Hey,

Which agencies would you suggest?
Also, which three Czech universities are accepted in UK?
Finally, Charles doesn’t give you a break up of the six years of Medicine. Do you know what’s the course going to be like?

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Disha Bhadury
Hey,

Which agencies would you suggest?
Also, which three Czech universities are accepted in UK?
Finally, Charles doesn’t give you a break up of the six years of Medicine. Do you know what’s the course going to be like?

Thanks.

All Czech unis are accepted in the UK. I applied with medical doorway who are the only agency working with a lot of Czech unis so you have choice.

Course, well it is medicine so I have made my own conclusions on what it will be like.
Reply 26
Hi there potential students! I'm studying at Charles 1st fac, if you've got any questions about uni or accommodation just shout :smile:
Hey! Do you have any tips for the interview? How long did it last and what kind of questions were asked? Thanks
Original post by maczechgirlz
Hello! I sat all 3 Czech school exams and luckily got all offers :wink:
Basically you only need to sign up on medical doorway and discuss with Ben, he will tell you what to do.. He's helpful
As regards to how hard it is to get the offers, I'd say palacky<Masaryk<<<Charles 1st, essentially those 'sample papers' you'll find on Charles official website are no where near the difficulty of the real exam.. So good luck with that.. Apparantly they changed the exam system so nobody knows what could come up in the July (and April of course) test but I'm sure plenty of sleep would help
Interview, formal for Charles, informal for the other two.. Less questions were asked than uk medical interviews, and they aren't pricks quite frankly.. As long as you bring your message across clearly you'll be fine
Good luck

Hey,

I'm doing the exam for Masaryk and Charles in July, i didn't do A levels cause I studied in a Australia and I'm super worried about the exam. Would you be able to kind of hint at what topics i should study and also what kind of questions do they ask in the interviews, if you still remember. Do they interview for Masaryk?

Thank You!!
Reply 29
Original post by aroosah8
Hey! Do you have any tips for the interview? How long did it last and what kind of questions were asked? Thanks

Hey, I'm in 4th year so it's been a while since I did my entrance exam and interview. From what I remember, I found the exam more difficult. The interview was really short and quick, I think I had a question about translation and then just why I wanted to study Medicine, and that was it. Wouldn't worry about the interview so much and concentrate more on the entrance exam.
Original post by priyaroy789
Hey,

I'm doing the exam for Masaryk and Charles in July, i didn't do A levels cause I studied in a Australia and I'm super worried about the exam. Would you be able to kind of hint at what topics i should study and also what kind of questions do they ask in the interviews, if you still remember. Do they interview for Masaryk?

Thank You!!

Original post by priyaroy789
Hey,

Thank You!!

Hii all exams criteria including what you need to know are listed on their official websites :smile:
Interview wasn't so harsh so focus on the test, they do have a harsh cut off point
Hi,
I'm doing the exam for Charles in July and since I did Biol, Chem and Maths for A-Level I thought I would go with those. But there isn't a revsion list for maths and I'm not sure what bit to practice. Do you have any idea about the topics that's going to come up on the maths section??
Thanks In advance
Original post by AlanCalist
Hi,
I'm doing the exam for Charles in July and since I did Biol, Chem and Maths for A-Level I thought I would go with those. But there isn't a revsion list for maths and I'm not sure what bit to practice. Do you have any idea about the topics that's going to come up on the maths section??
Thanks In advance

They are further maths :smile:
Reply 33
i cant seem to find the syllabus for the first faculty exam anywhere
the only one i can find is for the hradec kralove faculty
could someone send me the link please?
many many thanks :smile:
Reply 34
They are further maths :smile:

further???! I only did that to AS
That includes like Decision, FP etc.
To anyone has sat the exam, what sort of topics do you think would be worth revising from further maths?
Reply 35
is anyone using SAT test prep?
Reply 36
Hi!

I'm super new to this website so I have no idea how these all works, but I got an offer to First Faculty so I was just wondering if anyone else is planning to attend the university this school year :smile:)
Reply 37
Original post by M_MimieJ
Hi!

I'm super new to this website so I have no idea how these all works, but I got an offer to First Faculty so I was just wondering if anyone else is planning to attend the university this school year :smile:)

heya congratulations!!
would you mind telling us how you found the test and interview, and if you took any other entrance exams?
Original post by M_MimieJ
Hi!

I got an offer too!! And will attend this year !! PM me?

Original post by emfs
heya congratulations!!
would you mind telling us how you found the test and interview, and if you took any other entrance exams?

The real maths paper looks quite like the STAT paper (for Oxbridge applications) but quite frankly I wouldn't go for maths myself cuz physics was quite simple. Again, focus on the test per se, interview was really easy, they just wann know what type of medics you might be! If you wanna practice chemistry or biology questions, I suggest you to use the question bank provided by Masaryk university, they provide one past paper for each section and that might really help, except the maths bit would be very easy compared to Charles one!
Good luck and hope to see you in sept :wink:
Reply 39
I got an offer too!! And will attend this year !! PM me?

The real maths paper looks quite like the STAT paper (for Oxbridge applications) but quite frankly I wouldn't go for maths myself cuz physics was quite simple. Again, focus on the test per se, interview was really easy, they just wann know what type of medics you might be! If you wanna practice chemistry or biology questions, I suggest you to use the question bank provided by Masaryk university, they provide one past paper for each section and that might really help, except the maths bit would be very easy compared to Charles one!
Good luck and hope to see you in sept :wink:

awww thank you so much for the great advice - i hope to see you there too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending