The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
So surely it would only be 13 days left if results day was on 18th July instead of 18th August?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A joke isn't funny if you have to explain it :facepalm:
Original post by Nirgilis
A joke isn't funny if you have to explain it :facepalm:

I wasn't joking...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 522
Original post by Matrix123
So surely it would only be 13 days left if results day was on 18th July instead of 18th August?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was saying 1 month 13 not one month 12...
Gawd an A*A*A* would be nice... luckily I'm sure I've got A*AA (the offer), so now it's just praying for any additional A*s :moon:
Original post by Aph
I was saying 1 month 13 not one month 12...

Ohhh right. Don't mind me...:getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
I keep waking up in tears

Haha I've had two dreams in which basically I cried for the whole night
I'm late to the party :giggle:
I've done A2 English Literature, English Language and History (and General Studies) and I'm hoping to go to Durham to study law :h: My AS grades were AAAB (I took Maths at AS) with the B in History. For Durham I need A*AA and I'm predicted A*A*A*(A*), and while I think I did pretty well in the exams, I don't think I've got an A* in English Language :smile: I'm still super nervous about Results Day though!
Original post by doctorwhofan98
IB students are so lucky that their results day is so early... I can't wait another 44 days!

The downside is that
a) they take the IB which is not for everybody
b) if they miss their offer grades, even slightly (or in a lot of cases on a technicality - they'll get or exceed the overall score but miss a subject grade slightly) then universities often leave them in limbo until the A level results come out....and then reject them late. So while they SHOULD have had a headstart and a chance to find somewhere in clearing before the mad rush in August the universities treat them like crap and an insurance policy and then disadvantage them :mad:
Original post by PQ
The downside is that
a) they take the IB which is not for everybody
b) if they miss their offer grades, even slightly (or in a lot of cases on a technicality - they'll get or exceed the overall score but miss a subject grade slightly) then universities often leave them in limbo until the A level results come out....and then reject them late. So while they SHOULD have had a headstart and a chance to find somewhere in clearing before the mad rush in August the universities treat them like crap and an insurance policy and then disadvantage them :mad:

Hi :smile:

I read somewhere that the first Clearing lists come out today and seeing as I have nothing else to do I thought I'd look for potential universities to phone on Results Day... do you know when the list comes out? I tried looking earlier but...
Original post by emiloujess

I read somewhere that the first Clearing lists come out today and seeing as I have nothing else to do I thought I'd look for potential universities to phone on Results Day... do you know when the list comes out? I tried looking earlier but...

I heard that as well. I've been looking for the clearing lists as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by maggie43
I heard that as well. I've been looking for the clearing lists as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://search.ucas.com/ - they can be accessed here.
im soo booredd
Original post by ryanroks1
http://search.ucas.com/ - they can be accessed here.

Feel very thick right now :') I thought they'd be on a separate page... thanks! :biggrin:
Feel very thick right now :':wink: I thought they'd be on a separate page... thanks! :biggrin:

I was looking all over earlier too - you're not alone! :biggrin:
Although I'm in Y12 I thought it would be interesting seeing which courses for economics are available - and blimey there are so many decent unis. Lots of RGs and some others!
Checked the clearing list and my firm and insurance aren't in there for maths... does this mean they're less likely to be lenient this year if they think they're going to fill up their places :frown: terrified now tbh

Beaten to it

I am very sceptical about the listings for a number of universities on there - UCAS will just carry everything across unless a university actively closes a course. There's a lot of courses I KNOW are oversubscribed that almost certainly will disappear from the list over the next day or so (basically as soon as an applicant rings up and says they want to apply and they realise their flagship course is in the listings).

I'd hold off drawing any conclusions about which courses are in clearing until the end of the week (unless it's listed on a university website as well)
Original post by fefssdf
Checked the clearing list and my firm and insurance aren't in there for maths... does this mean they're less likely to be lenient this year if they think they're going to fill up their places :frown: terrified now tbh

Clearing listings don't tell you ANYTHING about what decisions will be made on results day. There's so many variables involved that a course being in or not in clearing doesn't indicate anything.

Have a read of http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26247-Is-is-possible-to-predict-what-universities-will-do-on-results-day
Original post by PQ
Clearing listings don't tell you ANYTHING about what decisions will be made on results day. There's so many variables involved that a course being in or not in clearing doesn't indicate anything.

Have a read of http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26247-Is-is-possible-to-predict-what-universities-will-do-on-results-day

ah ok but I'm just concerned cause last year my insurance uni was on there meaning they had places spare ah idk I'm just worried i guess
Original post by fefssdf
ah ok but I'm just concerned cause last year my insurance uni was on there meaning they had places spare ah idk I'm just worried i guess

The listings will change significantly in August depending on Highers and A level results. This is just the situation as it looks NOW where universities have actively managed their clearing lists. A lot of universities haven't managed their lists yet so look again next week and again in early august.

Quick Reply

Latest