The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm late to the party :giggle:
I've done A2 Biology and Music and A-level Further Mathematics (haven previously achieved AC in Maths and Music) and I'm hoping to go to Cambridge to study Natural Sciences :h:. My AS grades were AAABB with the Bs in Further Maths and Chemistry. I'm both predicted and require A*A*A for Cambridge and while I think I did fairly well in the exams, I don't think I've got an A* in either Chemistry or Further Mathematics.

As a result I think I will get A*AA(AC) in August and will have thus failed to meet my offer :frown:.
I'm still somewhat hopeful about Results Day though :smile:.
Original post by MouseyBrown
Haha I've had two dreams in which basically I cried for the whole night

You had two tear-inducing dreams or two dreams where your character in the dream cried? :beard:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PQ
The listings will change significantly in August depending on Highers and A level results. This is just the situation as it looks NOW where universities have actively managed their clearing lists. A lot of universities haven't managed their lists yet so look again next week and again in early august.

ohhh so you're saying that a uni could add a course into clearing ? My insurance has a lot of similar courses in clearing but not my specific one
Original post by fefssdf
ohhh so you're saying that a uni could add a course into clearing ? My insurance has a lot of similar courses in clearing but not my specific one

Courses currently listed will get taken off.

Courses currently not listed will get added.

Some courses currently listed will stay listed.

Some courses currently unlisted will stay unlisted.

The listing on the Wednesday before results will be the most accurate for A level applicants.
Original post by PQ
Beaten to itI am very sceptical about the listings for a number of universities on there - UCAS will just carry everything across unless a university actively closes a course. There's a lot of courses I KNOW are oversubscribed that almost certainly will disappear from the list over the next day or so (basically as soon as an applicant rings up and says they want to apply and they realise their flagship course is in the listings).I'd hold off drawing any conclusions about which courses are in clearing until the end of the week (unless it's listed on a university website as well)

Thanks anyway :smile: I just want a rough idea. At the minute all of the universities and courses that I'd be interested in phoning up are on there so it's looking good :smile: I'll keep checking - it gives me something to do I guess!
Original post by PQ
Courses currently listed will get taken off.

Courses currently not listed will get added.

Some courses currently listed will stay listed.

Some courses currently unlisted will stay unlisted.

The listing on the Wednesday before results will be the most accurate for A level applicants.

ok thanks for clearing that up pardon the pun
Original post by fefssdf
ok thanks for clearing that up pardon the pun

image.jpg
It's going way too fast!!

Almost a month ago since my last exam and just over a month until results day :frown:
Original post by jamestg

Almost a month ago since my last exam and just over a month until results day :frown:

I know!!! But I am looking forward to results day :smile:
Where can I find the clearing list? What does it mean if your course is in clearing? I've heard medicine isn't usually in clearing - is this bad?
Original post by Sacred Ground
Where can I find the clearing list? What does it mean if your course is in clearing? I've heard medicine isn't usually in clearing - is this bad?

Use the UCAS search tool for clearing courses. It doesn't mean anything if your course is in Clearing, except that the University feel they can take more people onto the course. Medicine is very unlikely to be in Clearing. Medicine Universities will have a 'reserve' list of people that the interviewed who they will offer places to if they have space.
Original post by Nirgilis
Use the UCAS search tool for clearing courses. It doesn't mean anything if your course is in Clearing, except that the University feel they can take more people onto the course. Medicine is very unlikely to be in Clearing. Medicine Universities will have a 'reserve' list of people that the interviewed who they will offer places to if they have space.

Ah alright, thanks a lot! Yeah I pretty much knew if I don't get AAA I won't be getting into medical school as getting in through clearing is very rare. Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
image.jpg

oh my god - this guy with his puns that were never really puns
Original post by jamestg

Too fast!? It's crawling by for me 😢
For people who have collected their results in the past, how fast did the wait for results day go past? I wouldn't be worrying about it so much if I hadn't screwed up one exam.
Not gonna predict because I don't wanna jinx it.
Original post by target21859
For people who have collected their results in the past, how fast did the wait for results day go past? I wouldn't be worrying about it so much if I hadn't screwed up one exam.

I'm not gonna lie, I never stopped thinking about results for very long, but at least it got a bit easier last year a couple of weeks after my AS exams. You start thinking a bit more rationally about the questions you thought you messed up etc, and it just gets more chilled and you can enjoy yourself a bit more. Then it gets kind of crazy again haha, I was going totally nuts in the two weeks leading up to results day.

So I guess what I'm saying is you have like a two day window where life isn't living hell :biggrin:
Bit late but here we go:

Are you AS or A2? A2

What subjects are you taking? Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French

To which university are you hoping to go? The University of Warwick

To study which subject? Maths

If applicable, what were your AS grades? AB other units were not cashed in

What grades are required for your desired degree? A*A*A* or A*A*AA

What grades are you predicted? A*A*A*A

How did your exams go? Exams didn't go so well this year. I messed up one of my further pure units which now makes me really worried as to whether or not I'll get the A*. French went fine so that should be an A* and physics went alright. I was trying to get that up to an A* from a B at AS but that's unlikely. Tbh I don't really care as I hate physics. Already got the A* in maths.

How are you feeling about results day? Quite nervous as I really want (and need!) an A* star in Further Maths and I'm not completely sure I got it. I really want to go to Warwick and I really hope I haven't ruined my chances of going there. The high entry requirements are quite scary. I am looking forward to it however and the wait couldn't be any slower haha.

Original post by target21859

Well it will be quicker than the wait for GCSE results. :biggrin:

I suspect the wait will only get quicker. These last few school weeks are going REALLY fast.
Original post by MouseyBrown
I'm not gonna lie, I never stopped thinking about results for very long, but at least it got a bit easier last year a couple of weeks after my AS exams. You start thinking a bit more rationally about the questions you thought you messed up etc, and it just gets more chilled and you can enjoy yourself a bit more. Then it gets kind of crazy again haha, I was going totally nuts in the two weeks leading up to results day.

So I guess what I'm saying is you have like a two day window where life isn't living hell :biggrin:

That's reassuring :biggrin: I am going on holiday so hopefully that'll keep my mind off it.
Original post by jamestg
Well it will be quicker than the wait for GCSE results. :biggrin:

I suspect the wait will only get quicker. These last few school weeks are going REALLY fast.

Yeah waiting an extra week must suck especially for those whose uni offers depend on a certain GCSE grade.

Quick Reply