The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Stephen A with the FACTS as always

Put some respek on that man
Off to bed, might type on phone, it's been an eventful night fellas. Just remember, nothing is guaranteed when it's showtime and you're going up against this guy. Next season will be just as interesting as this one!

[video="youtube;F1mWjbn6a18"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1mWjbn6a18[/video]
Reply 402
Off to bed, might type on phone, it's been an eventful night fellas. Just remember, nothing is guaranteed when it's showtime and you're going up against this guy. Next season will be just as interesting as this one!

Jheeze the 2nd greatest block of all-time (after James Jones OFC).
DWade met with LeBron AND Cavs owner Dan Gilbert... squad making things happen!!!

DWade met with LeBron AND Cavs owner Dan Gilbert... squad making things happen!!!

Jesus might as well make this a 2 team league.
Original post by Malevolent
Jesus might as well make this a 2 team league.

It already this; you could argue it's a 1 team league. So let's go full monty and get this kos galacticos done. ****ing hell it like decision time again. I'm been turned into a cavs fans. But I'm too balls deep in my hatred for bron. Im ****ing confused. **** has KD done.
Original post by atom y humber
It already this; you could argue it's a 1 team league. So let's go full monty and get this kos galacticos done. ****ing hell it like decision time again. I'm been turned into a cavs fans. But I'm too balls deep in my hatred for bron. Im ****ing confused. **** has KD done.

Shall we just make it a 4 team league have like what New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Argentina do in rugby?

Could have the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs and the Knicks :tongue:
Shall we just make it a 4 team league have like what New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Argentina do in rugby?

Could have the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs and the Knicks :tongue:

Pacers the dark horse in the East now
Reply 408
LOOOL WTH this is sooo disgusting

[video="youtube;SRYw6_cQPhk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRYw6_cQPhk[/video]
Looking at this from a neutral standpoint heres my view.

The main thing which is annoying is, i dont see how any changes can be made to any team to allow them to challenge this team.

People are going to be like "oh but dont count out lebron" but the fact is they have the most potent offensive 5 man lineup of all time. No team stands a chance especially in the playoffs. Heck im not even sure the lebrons banana boat crew would beat this team.

They are impossible to defend which is everyones biggest problem.

How are you supposed to guard their pick and roll. Steph/kd pnr is virtually unguardable if you think about it. And you cant double both KD and steph cos youl be leaving klay/draymond/iggy open. Spoiler alert: iggy and dray will be working on their 3 point shot this offseason-they will be getting plenty of open looks. I mean you have to feel sorry for all the other teams.

Defensively theyre probably around top 3. The only weak defender is steph and statistically he good for a PG. They can literally switch everything in death mode and they will be usually fine.

Rebounding, one of their weaknesses isnt that much of a weakness anymore. Kd can rebound as can zaza and dray so theyre sorted in that department.

Even if a team were to punish them on the boards, theyd still have the task of having to defend them well- which i said earlier is almost impossible- or theyd have to outscore them and well 3>2.

Went through their lineup so far last night.

Attachment not found

Depth wise theyre only missing 2/3 pieces. A SG, C, and maybe a PF. So their biggest weakness isnt that much of a weakness anyway. I heard that many vets reached out to them already last night on BR so theyl probably have a full roster sorted by the next few days.

Their only valid weakness that i can see is shot-blocking. But i think its a fair tradeoff when you sign kevin freaking durant! And this can be solved with one signing!

And for people that raise the chemistry issue. Theyve all played for usa, are all unselfish players and like setting up their teammates. Steph already said he doesnt care whos no 1 as long as they win. Klay is chill, dray is unselfish as is iggy.

I mean as an okc fan im annoyed but as a KD fan i can see why he left and i respect it. Logically, it made the most sense. As a basketball decision it is the right move for him

My only issue is what we do to recover. Rebuild. Trade russ. Who knows.
Original post by eden3
LOOOL WTH this is sooo disgusting

[video="youtube;SRYw6_cQPhk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRYw6_cQPhk[/video]

bruh......:zomg:
Original post by MamzZass
X

I think Wade to Cleveland keeps it competitive, the only other trade I can think of that completely balances it is Blake (who's a monster and would bully GS) for Love, but I don't see how that could happen. I'm sure at this point both teams are working hard to get more players in though so we'll have to see how things transpire,

As it stands rebounding hasn't changed much, Bogut gone, they'll need to bring in a solid big soon to have actually improved and a lot of them have been swiped. Whoever they bring in Double T will be at an advantage against anyway, I can't think of anyone rn unless I'm missing someone big.

Team USA is once every 4 years, really doesn't count for much. But yeah KD is unselfish and he'll fit in well in that sense.

I think they have to win 3/5 over the next half decade to keep their legacies intact and not consider this move a relative flop compared to the expectations.

As for it being the right move for him basketball wise, immediately yeah, he get's to win alongside the back to back MVP and record breaking season GSW team. How we remember this situation and his legacy in 15+ years? Remains to be seen. But imo he isn't ever breaking top 10 now.
I think Wade to Cleveland keeps it competitive, the only other trade I can think of that completely balances it is Blake (who's a monster and would bully GS) for Love, but I don't see how that could happen. I'm sure at this point both teams are working hard to get more players in though so we'll have to see how things transpire,

As it stands rebounding hasn't changed much, Bogut gone, they'll need to bring in a solid big soon to have actually improved and a lot of them have been swiped. Whoever they bring in Double T will be at an advantage against anyway, I can't think of anyone rn unless I'm missing someone big.

Team USA is once every 4 years, really doesn't count for much. But yeah KD is unselfish and he'll fit in well in that sense.

I think they have to win 3/5 over the next half decade to keep their legacies intact and not consider this move a relative flop compared to the expectations.

As for it being the right move for him basketball wise, immediately yeah, he get's to win alongside the back to back MVP and record breaking season GSW team. How we remember this situation and his legacy in 15+ years? Remains to be seen. But imo he isn't ever breaking top 10 now.

Wade wouldn't help i don't think and he's not leaving Miami for Cleveland. We can offer way more than they can. I think theres one other person who could combat that and thats DeMarcus Cousins. Trade Cousins for Love and some other pieces (no idea who but just an example). Cousins would absolutely feast on them inside and get them into foul trouble.

The article he wrote about personal growth. What a whole load of ********, evolution as a man? More like a cuck. :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
And wtf thats just taking it to far, taking a **** on a jersey :eek:
Wade wouldn't help i don't think and he's not leaving Miami for Cleveland. We can offer way more than they can. I think theres one other person who could combat that and thats DeMarcus Cousins. Trade Cousins for Love and some other pieces (no idea who but just an example). Cousins would absolutely feast on them inside and get them into foul trouble.

Also the article he wrote about personal growth. What a whole load of ********, evolution as a man? More like a cuck. :lol:

Lol perfectly stated! That's the word we need to use. Durant the cuck. Ufft Cousins would be crazy, dude's such a beast, he even has a good jumpshot! Wow he can play PF too... such an enticing thought. Allows Double T to stay in the starting lineup,

Wade is a FA right?

Kyrie
Wade
LeBron
Cousins
Thompson

bench;
Jefferson
Frye
J.R
Shumpert

v

Curry
Thompson
Green
Durant
????

bench;
livington
ezili?
no idea who else.

Best fight EVAAAAA!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol perfectly stated! That's the word we need to use. Durant the cuck. Ufft Cousins would be crazy, dude's such a beast, he even has a good jumpshot! Wow he can play PF too... such an enticing thought. Allows Double T to stay in the starting lineup,

Wade is a FA right?

Kyrie
Wade
LeBron
Cousins
Thompson

v

Curry
Thompson
Green
Durant
????

Best fight EVAAAAA!!!

As box office that is no way Cavs can have that many people at once haha. Wade i think we can safely rule out. I still think he stays with us. Cousins will be a hard trade, Cleveland would have to give up multiple people like Love, Shumpert and still more. Thats what he is lol a cuck. Him and his boy Westbrook were 3-1 up on GSW till they choked it away. Its not like they were damn far from making the finals.

The whole crap about him saying its 90% he stays in OKC was bull crap too. If it was true he wouldn't have said it multiple times.
As box office that is no way Cavs can have that many people at once haha. Wade i think we can safely rule out. I still think he stays with us. Cousins will be a hard trade, Cleveland would have to give up multiple people like Love, Shumpert and still more. Thats what he is lol a cuck. Him and his boy Westbrook were 3-1 up on GSW till they choked it away. Its not like they were damn far from making the finals.

The whole crap about him saying its 90% he stays in OKC was bull crap too. If it was true he wouldn't have said it multiple times.

True, maybe Love + Shumpert would be enough :biggrin: Wade is a pickup for probably less than he's worth, just because it's his best buddy. I think Wade is more likely than Cousins tbh. Especially since the reports they've met with the Cavs owner.
On another note Ben Simmons looked good, he looked really good. Shame he's with the 76ers though :lol:

Guy is gonna be a triple double machine.
(edited 7 years ago)
True, maybe Love + Shumpert would be enough :biggrin: Wade is a pickup for probably less than he's worth, just because it's his best buddy. I think Wade is more likely than Cousins tbh. Especially since the reports they've met with the Cavs owner.

If Wade is moving its because Lebron is taking less, I'm gonna still stick with Wade remaining with the Heat where he should be haha. I don't think Love and Shumpert is enough for Cousins, they would need more for it still.
Wade wants more money so he declines the 2 year £40mil. But then the only thing he can get offered by the Cavs owing to the salary cap is a taxpayer MLE.

...Yeah makes total sense :lol:

But then since he's meeting with the Cavs perhaps he doesn't care about the money. The Heat are offering what they can, but leaving to the Cavs for less makes little sense given he knows the Cavs cap situation. Can't see Lebron taking a pay cut either to facilitate it (Since I'm sure the NBAPA will have a fit about Lebron of all people not making the most money he can after the whole CBA thing).

Quick Reply

Latest