The Student Room Group

No one to practice with

When learning to drive, does it make a significant difference if you are able to use a relative or friend's car to practice with in an old car park or something? I have no one to go out with and I'm imagining it'll take me an extra 10 or so lessons in comparison to someone who is able to practice outside of them. Anyone on here who wasn't able to practice at all? Thanks c:
Reply 1
Original post by kate113855
When learning to drive, does it make a significant difference if you are able to use a relative or friend's car to practice with in an old car park or something? I have no one to go out with and I'm imagining it'll take me an extra 10 or so lessons in comparison to someone who is able to practice outside of them. Anyone on here who wasn't able to practice at all? Thanks c:

it does make a difference if you can fetch yourself a car and a deserted area to practice in..... thats how most of my friends passed. Well if you need extra lessons then you need them :biggrin: btw I haven't passed yet gonna have lessons soon.....
Reply 2
Original post by raman_17
it does make a difference if you can fetch yourself a car and a deserted area to practice in..... thats how most of my friends passed. Well if you need extra lessons then you need them :biggrin: btw I haven't passed yet gonna have lessons soon.....

I do have a little KA waiting for me so I could use that and go somewhere very quiet, maybe the back of my garden where there's just space with garages? I don't know the ins and outs of the legality of it though :frown: especially as I'd have no one in the car with me who could supervise. My mom surrendered her licence due to disability a couple years ago although she had been driving for over 30 years. And I'd rather drive with piranhas than my dad haha. Thanks for the reply though :smile:
Reply 3
I do have a little KA waiting for me so I could use that and go somewhere very quiet, maybe the back of my garden where there's just space with garages? I don't know the ins and outs of the legality of it though :frown: especially as I'd have no one in the car with me who could supervise. My mom surrendered her licence due to disability a couple years ago although she had been driving for over 30 years. And I'd rather drive with piranhas than my dad haha. Thanks for the reply though :smile:

oh ok nice :smile:

yh any space will do as long as you get to grips with the main functioning of a standard car :biggrin:
*whispering* it's illegal to but hey if that helps you pass who cares!! :tongue:

haha piranhas wow.... whats wrong with your dad?? does he side seat drive?? :biggrin:
Reply 4
oh ok nice :smile:

yh any space will do as long as you get to grips with the main functioning of a standard car :biggrin:
*whispering* it's illegal to but hey if that helps you pass who cares!! :tongue:

haha piranhas wow.... whats wrong with your dad?? does he side seat drive?? :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: our garage is out there too so I could keep it in there and just reverse and get to understand it a bit better I guess. It's off road and no one goes around there anyway to be honest. I'll look into it for sure!

Haha I bet he would :tongue: he is just really mean to bad drivers and an early learner driver is a bad one xD he would give me terrible anxiety!
Reply 5
Thanks :smile: our garage is out there too so I could keep it in there and just reverse and get to understand it a bit better I guess. It's off road and no one goes around there anyway to be honest. I'll look into it for sure!

Haha I bet he would :tongue: he is just really mean to bad drivers and an early learner driver is a bad one xD he would give me terrible anxiety!

no probz :biggrin: yh try it but be careful :biggrin:

it happens when some drivers just piss you off :biggrin: yup obviously with years you gain experience so hope it goes well and the anxiety part you wrote was funny but sooooooooo true!!

by the way how did you find the theory?? *especially hazard perception??*
Reply 6
no probz :biggrin: yh try it but be careful :biggrin:

it happens when some drivers just piss you off :biggrin: yup obviously with years you gain experience so hope it goes well and the anxiety part you wrote was funny but sooooooooo true!!

by the way how did you find the theory?? *especially hazard perception??*

Haha yeah totally I can imagine it's really annoying. I bet when I am a decent driver learners will get on my nerves too but it's sooooo unnerving as a learner when people get pissed at you for being bad :frown:

I haven't taken it yet :smile: only started driving lessons a few weeks back. Been doing lots of mocks though and think I'm ready for the questions but the HP puts me off so much! Is it hard?
Reply 7
Haha yeah totally I can imagine it's really annoying. I bet when I am a decent driver learners will get on my nerves too but it's sooooo unnerving as a learner when people get pissed at you for being bad :frown:

I haven't taken it yet :smile: only started driving lessons a few weeks back. Been doing lots of mocks though and think I'm ready for the questions but the HP puts me off so much! Is it hard?

yup it makes you get butterflies in your stomach! :biggrin:

Wait! you ain't done your theory? but your having lessons? *im kinda confused, please explain :smile:* yh theory is cake but for some reason i find hazard perception tough. *thought i was the only one :biggrin:* i've done some mock HP tests today and I can't grasp the whole point of it!! :redface: how does it work?? is it you click once per hazard or multiple times??? :confused:
Reply 8
I didn't practice at all, had around 45 hours driving lessons and passed first time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending