The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Sex and Relationship Education

Scroll to see replies

I am reopening this thread but will have to close it if further trolling/offensive comments are made. Please keep to the topic, regarding how we can improve LGBT+ Relationship/Sex education. If you wish to create a discussion on general LGBT+ topics, such as LGBT+ in society, please create a thread in Debate and Current Affairs. Thank you.
It was a while ago, but we had plenty on LGB stuff - in part, thanks to a bisexual teacher. I don't remember any 'T' stuff there though.
That is a really complicated area. And there are other terms being used too, like:

Pansexual ie a branch of bisexuality but also kind of transgender. That defines people who basically don't necessarily identify as men or women.
And I recently discovered I was demisexual - ie can't have sex with someone unless I have an emotional bond with them.

It;'s not even an issue of LGBT, because that by itself is almost too restrictive and does not address the complexity of the feelings people may have.
Make it so LGBT as a label doesn't exist so people woudn't simultaneously act like they need to be treated like normal people but then feel the need to be special snowflakes by having days dedicated to them.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by unprinted
It was a while ago, but we had plenty on LGB stuff - in part, thanks to a bisexual teacher.

Now that's a good idea.
Original post by SophisticatedSir
Make it so LGBT as a label doesn't exist so people woudn't simultaneously act like they need to be treated like normal people but then feel the need to be special snowflakes by having days dedicated to them.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Sure, LGBT people don't need days dedicated to them. It's not like people are still massacring LGBT people for being LGBT or anything cough Orlando cough.
Original post by Mactotaur
Sure, LGBT people don't need days dedicated to them. It's not like people are still massacring LGBT people for being LGBT or anything cough Orlando cough.

You mean someone who became indoctrinated into islamic culture? Not really the fault of your average normal human.

As stated you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't ask to be treated normal and then have special days to be treated special, its completely contradictory.
You mean someone who became indoctrinated into islamic culture? Not really the fault of your average normal human.

As stated you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't ask to be treated normal and then have special days to be treated special, its completely contradictory.

If LGBT people weren't still being murdered for something innate, they wouldn't need a day to raise awareness.
Sex education was incredibly bad at my school, the information they gave us on some types of contraception wasnt up to date and we had no lgbt sex education. Sex education needs a massive overhaul.
There isn't. Though there should be.
no
its a waste of time
If LGBT people weren't still being murdered for something innate, they wouldn't need a day to raise awareness.

People will kill regardless of how much awarness you raise. It won't matter.

Rapists still rape despite all the ******** in the media about living in a rape culture.

People still murder people regardless of how wrong it is.

Do you know why? Because the individuals that do these type of acts don't care and your awareness means nothing to them. Spreading awarness to a bunch of regular people who already know its going to make them build recentment rather than anything else.

If certain people didn't make such a big deal out of there sexuality this wouldn't be an issue to begin with. Most people don't care if you're gay, or bi or whatever and those that do are dicks and dicks exist everywhere in life no matter who you are.
People will kill regardless of how much awarness you raise. It won't matter.

Rapists still rape despite all the ******** in the media about living in a rape culture.

People still murder people regardless of how wrong it is.

Do you know why? Because the individuals that do these type of acts don't care and your awareness means nothing to them. Spreading awarness to a bunch of regular people who already know its going to make them build recentment rather than anything else.

If certain people didn't make such a big deal out of there sexuality this wouldn't be an issue to begin with. Most people don't care if you're gay, or bi or whatever and those that do are dicks and dicks exist everywhere in life no matter who you are.

There are ideologies around, religious and non, which contribute heavily to hating groups of people - on their race, on their sexuality, on any non-controllable factor. People are not born hating other people, so the more we can do to wipe out these types of poisonous ideologies and the organisations who harbour them the better.
There are ideologies around, religious and non, which contribute heavily to hating groups of people - on their race, on their sexuality, on any non-controllable factor. People are not born hating other people, so the more we can do to wipe out these types of poisonous ideologies and the organisations who harbour them the better.

Except radicial islam was the one that caused this to happen. If anything you should blame them.

Like you said, regular people in society don't care and all you're doing is preaching to the choir. People get hated on for liking tons of different things or for being different in other ways, they may dislike it but if that's the case then who cares? As long as they aren't hurting anyone, after all you meet people who disagree with you all the time.

By this logic we need a special day for everything harmful to people ever. I propose I stubbed my toe on a door day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Except radicial islam was the one that caused this to happen. If anything you should blame them.

Like you said, normal people don't care and all you're doing is preaching to the choir.

Islam, and indeed all Abrahamic religions, is one such ideology as I described.

By this logic we need a special day for everything harmful to people ever. I propose I stubbed my toe on a door day.

Did someone specifically target you and more people like you for it? Are you genetically wired to stub your toe on doors?
Original post by UKCATrocks
That is a really complicated area. And there are other terms being used too, like:

Pansexual ie a branch of bisexuality but also kind of transgender. That defines people who basically don't necessarily identify as men or women.
And I recently discovered I was demisexual - ie can't have sex with someone unless I have an emotional bond with them.

It;'s not even an issue of LGBT, because that by itself is almost too restrictive and does not address the complexity of the feelings people may have.

I really do not see how that is "Demisexual" I mean I would not want to have sex with a women I am not emotionally attached to eg a hooker. But that really is not something that needs a new name, quite frankly I do not think that is something special
Did someone specifically target you and more people like you for it? Are you genetically wired to stub your toe on doors?

People target people in school for being different all the time. I liked games and got bullied, should I get a special day? Nobody in a first world country will target you for being LGBT, only happens in third world countries or by brainwashed islamic extremists. I disagree with it being genetic as attraction to things can fluctuate over time.

If you want to make a point maybe you should go over to third world countries and tell them how wrong they are instead.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nobody in a first world country will target you for being LGBT

Do we not consider America a first world country now? Orlando was less than a month ago.
Do we not consider America a first world country now? Orlando was less than a month ago.

That was done by an islamic extremist.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending