The Student Room Group

Calling all people with braces!

Are my teeth supposed to click and make popping noises? :frown: has anyone experienced this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When does this occur? Is it when you talk / open your mouth or just at random times?
Original post by JLegion
When does this occur? Is it when you talk / open your mouth or just at random times?

When I press on my teeth with my tongue. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
When I press on my teeth with my tongue. :frown:

Yes that is normal. It's probably just the wires adjusting to the movement of your teeth (braces temporarily make your teeth looser as they are being moved around).

I would recommend to stop doing that if it makes you uncomfortable; in any case you shouldn't do it often :smile:

If you're ever worried just ask your Dentist / Orthodontist.
I got braces yesterday, no my teeth are not popping, but I cant really press them down on my tongue as its too tender.
Original post by Emilycunningham
I got braces yesterday, no my teeth are not popping, but I cant really press them down on my tongue as its too tender.

Oh gosh, be ready for pain :frown:

I got mine last week and day 2 and 3 were really awful. But it gets better :smile:

I have no pain at all now but they are clicking and it's worrying me slightly...
Original post by JLegion
Yes that is normal. It's probably just the wires adjusting to the movement of your teeth (braces temporarily make your teeth looser as they are being moved around).

I would recommend to stop doing that if it makes you uncomfortable; in any case you shouldn't do it often :smile:

If you're ever worried just ask your Dentist / Orthodontist.

That is probably it :tongue: Silly me.

I'm going to look it up a bit more but that sounds about right, thank you. :smile:
Reply 7
That is probably it :tongue: Silly me.

I'm going to look it up a bit more but that sounds about right, thank you. :smile:

You're welcome. I only had them approximately 15 months, but I felt the pain and inconvenience was worth it once they were gone.
Original post by JLegion
You're welcome. I only had them approximately 15 months, but I felt the pain and inconvenience was worth it once they were gone.

May I just ask you both, when did you start seeing your teeth move and changes appear?

:h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
This better not happen to me getting my braces in a month InShaAllah.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, did you just get them tightened?
Oh gosh, be ready for pain :frown:

I got mine last week and day 2 and 3 were really awful. But it gets better :smile:

I have no pain at all now but they are clicking and it's worrying me slightly...

Great :/ I was thinking today why are people making so much fuss about brace pain lol

When you first got your braces how long was it until you noticed your teeth changing?
Reply 12
Thanks, and can you still eat noodles?
Reply 13
Thanks and I forgot to rep you thanks for reminding me.:h:
Reply 14
I noticed my teeth change within just a few weeks. It will differ from person to person depending on where the problems are and how bad they are.

I never thought the pain was that bad; but whatever you do, don't bite into an apple!
I've had my braces since 6th of May and never had that experience. But the first week with braces is too painful when it comes to eating.

While I'm here, is everyone's brackets here grey colour? If you could have different colours would you?

Quick Reply

Latest