The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by remaine
not gonna predict because i don't wanna jinx it.

yesssss precisely
(edited 7 years ago)
How hard is it to sleep before results day?

Just because last year's results day for GCSE, the results I was picking up, I'd just came off a 3 hour train journey from London at about 11pm at night because I go to London every year. So I had exhausted myself and woke up in a good mood as I had a really nice trip:tongue: I was pretty chilled out for results day last year but this year it's the opposite... I'm stressed already for my AS results and there's a month to go:s-smilie:

How will I get through next year when my university place depends on my results...
Original post by target21859
Bit late but here we go:

Are you AS or A2? A2

What subjects are you taking? Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French

To which university are you hoping to go? The University of Warwick

To study which subject? Maths

If applicable, what were your AS grades? AB other units were not cashed in

What grades are required for your desired degree? A*A*A* or A*A*AA

What grades are you predicted? A*A*A*A

How did your exams go? Exams didn't go so well this year. I messed up one of my further pure units which now makes me really worried as to whether or not I'll get the A*. French went fine so that should be an A* and physics went alright. I was trying to get that up to an A* from a B at AS but that's unlikely. Tbh I don't really care as I hate physics. Already got the A* in maths.

How are you feeling about results day? Quite nervous as I really want (and need!) an A* star in Further Maths and I'm not completely sure I got it. I really want to go to Warwick and I really hope I haven't ruined my chances of going there. The high entry requirements are quite scary. I am looking forward to it however and the wait couldn't be any slower haha.

Physics "up to an A* from a B" do you know that your AS result doesn't count towards your A*? A* only depends on A2.
Original post by lawlieto
Physics "up to an A* from a B" do you know that your AS result doesn't count towards your A*? A* only depends on A2.

AS does count towards your final grade. You can't get a D at AS and then get A* overall. You need enough ums points.
AS does count towards your final grade. You can't get a D at AS and then get A* overall. You need enough ums points.

Obviously you need to get an A overall to get an A* but I thought it was sure you'd get that.
If your overall is between 80% and 90% only but your A2 is above 90% that's an A*
Obviously you need to get an A overall to get an A* but I thought it was sure you'd get that.
If your overall is between 80% and 90% only but your A2 is above 90% that's an A*

Nah I'd be very lucky to get an A* or even an A.
I'm going on holiday a few days after results day.Hope the holiday will be worthwhile. :s-smilie:
Reply 567
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I'm going on holiday a few days after results day.Hope the holiday will be worthwhile. :s-smilie:

Where are you going?
Original post by SH0405
Where are you going?

Dominican Republic :smile:
Reply 569
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Dominican Republic :smile:

Very nice indeed. :parrot:

Edit: shame it's not Dominica. They actually have a parrot on their flag...
Reply 570
Bit late but here we go:

To which university are you hoping to go? The University of Warwick

To study which subject? Maths

Warwick. Yay! :biggrin:
I'm more excited for the olympics than I am for my results, at least I have my priorities right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just realised that this countdown started when there were 84 days left, and there are now 41...

... We're over halfway there!
Are you AS or A2? A2
What subjects are you taking? Art and Design (3D), Biology and Chemistry (AS maths)
To which university are you hoping to go? Southampton (AAA) and my insurance is Warwick (ABB)
To study which subject? Chemistry and Biochemistry (Southampton) or Biochemistry (Warwick)
If applicable, what were your AS grades? ABBB (hopefully bumped up to AAAB with resits)
What grades are you predicted? AAB
How did your exams go? Resits were lush as was BIOL4, the other 3 could have gone either way
How are you feeling about results day? Dreading it but also wanting it to come faster
Anything else to add? Aaaarrrggghhhhhh
(edited 7 years ago)
Another day of emptiness.
Another day of emptiness.

Start a short-term hobby :yep: . It really helps!

When waiting for my AS Results, I re-read the entirety of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings (only took about 3 weeks), and took up gardening and the family cooking.

When waiting for my A2 Results, I started a MMORPG and racked up 6 weeks at 12 hours a day :facepalm:

When waiting for my First Year results I learned Photoshop and Premiere Pro, from scratch, and took up photography and video editing.

When waiting for my Second Year results, I got a part time job at the Uni :yep:

When waiting for my Third Year results, I travelled around the UK, setting myself a challenge to get from my home town to as far North/South/East/West as cheaply as possible and back in a day.

When waiting for my Fourth Year results, I watched as many films and TV shows as I could, because I was shattered :lol: . I put on soo much weight that summer :colondollar:

It doesn't need to be anything productive, just something to keep your mind occupied :smile:
Original post by Nirgilis

When waiting for my AS Results, I re-read the entirety of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings (only took about 3 weeks), and took up gardening and the family cooking.

When waiting for my A2 Results, I started a MMORPG and racked up 6 weeks at 12 hours a day :facepalm:

When waiting for my First Year results I learned Photoshop and Premiere Pro, from scratch, and took up photography and video editing.

When waiting for my Third Year results, I travelled around the UK, setting myself a challenge to get from my home town to as far North/South/East/West as cheaply as possible and back in a day.

When waiting for my Fourth Year results, I watched as many films and TV shows as I could, because I was shattered :lol: . I put on soo much weight that summer :colondollar:

It doesn't need to be anything productive, just something to keep your mind occupied :smile:

I can't believe that in all of that post, you didn't even mention TSR as a way to waste time :hand:
Original post by Nirgilis

I'm trying to find a job in retail, but it's very hopeless without relevant experience :frown: Even Primark rejects me with automated emails haha...
I play the piano and the guitar and well... PS4 :biggrin: and I study physics :smile:

Could you lose weight afterwards?
I'm trying to find a job in retail, but it's very hopeless without relevant experience :frown: Even Primark rejects me with automated emails haha...
I play the piano and the guitar and well... PS4 :biggrin: and I study physics :smile:

Could you lose weight afterwards?

Bhs are closing but are looking for people. I gave them my cv and he gave me the job the same day. I have no retail experience..and the pay is better then most because it's £7.20 an hour when it should be 6.50 for under 21s. So I get £300 approx a week..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bleh makes me feel sick constantly looking at the countdown :confused::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply