The Student Room Group

Help!

I am currently doing Levels, Chemistry, Biology, DT. Im predicted BBB currently on a B,D,C its not going very well for me and I want to go to a top 15 university doing Biological sciences. So far these grades will not get me there as they want AAB. Can someone please help me think of a back up plan, perhaps an apprentice. That way i can work my way up. Money is not a major issue as my parents are prepared to help me get on my foot for the first ten years of my carrer. so starting salary for an apprentice will not be a problem. However i would like a apprentice in a field with lots of potential by that i mean the salary will go up to 70,000 (potentially after say 10 years of experience). I honestly enjoy doing everything so any apprenticeship that is available with my combination of subjects will be brilliant.
Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by andyhong
I am currently doing Levels, Chemistry, Biology, DT. Im predicted BBB currently on a B,D,C its not going very well for me and I want to go to a top 15 university doing Biological sciences. So far these grades will not get me there as they want AAB. Can someone please help me think of a back up plan, perhaps an apprentice. That way i can work my way up. Money is not a major issue as my parents are prepared to help me get on my foot for the first ten years of my carrer. so starting salary for an apprentice will not be a problem. However i would like a apprentice in a field with lots of potential by that i mean the salary will go up to 70,000 (potentially after say 10 years of experience). I honestly enjoy doing everything so any apprenticeship that is available with my combination of subjects will be brilliant.
Thank you

70k! :eek:
You do understand that many doctors will never reach this kind of salary?
It's great that you're looking at other options and preparing to look at other career pathways, but I know a girl doing an apprenticeship just now (don't know what for though :colondollar: ) and she's earning less than £3 an hour... Do you really think you'd be satisfied with a wage in that region, bearing in mind you're future earning aspirations?
Perhaps consider universities with lower rankings- remember league tables aren't everything- but right now I think the primary focus is to get your grades up. If you've been predicted BBB it must mean you're capable
Reply 2
Original post by Treen98
70k! :eek:
You do understand that many doctors will never reach this kind of salary?
It's great that you're looking at other options and preparing to look at other career pathways, but I know a girl doing an apprenticeship just now (don't know what for though :colondollar: ) and she's earning less than £3 an hour... Do you really think you'd be satisfied with a wage in that region, bearing in mind you're future earning aspirations?
Perhaps consider universities with lower rankings- remember league tables aren't everything- but right now I think the primary focus is to get your grades up. If you've been predicted BBB it must mean you're capable

To be honest I'm only a 17 year old who has no idea what the real world is like, i mean i study in a private school where an average parent earns £150k plus a year. i think i would be happy to start with £3 an hour. I don't mind investing time to work my way up. Have you got any suggestions with programs with high potential salary? 50k perhaps? Thank you
Reply 3
Thank you

Hey! you might want to look at Bio Science if you are most looking at Money as its not an amazingly well paid degree course. Law is probably more where you want for that kind of money as a degree. Something odd you could conciser is working for a chain shop or hotel. Most people in Sainburrys or Premier inn worth their way up from the bottom and becoming a regional manager for these will have a lot of money following it. Just a though :biggrin: good luck!
Reply 4
To be honest I'm only a 17 year old who has no idea what the real world is like, i mean i study in a private school where an average parent earns £150k plus a year. i think i would be happy to start with £3 an hour. I don't mind investing time to work my way up. Have you got any suggestions with programs with high potential salary? 50k perhaps? Thank you

Accountancy could be a good shout? You don't need a degree; you can get an apprenticeship-like role with some firms, albeit I don't know any specifically, I do know it is a possibility. This would allow you to train quickly, becoming a chartered accountant whilst quickly raising your salary. Try to narrow down specifically where your interests lie and then consider earning potential

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest