Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, Okay :biggrin: doesn't matter :smile:

Original post by hamza772000
Haha, Okay :biggrin: doesn't matter :smile:

Haha, cool :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spotify95
Caused nothing but problems for me.

Main issue (which still happens today) is the overheating that these laptops (Aspire 5742) are very prone for.

I have a program called "Core temp" on my laptop, it measures the temperature of the CPU. The maximum that this laptop will reach before shutting down is 105 deg C. Right now, I have two browser windows open and I am in the mid 70' deg C.

On my new HP laptop, the maximum I have ever seen is 73 deg C and that was whilst gaming - normally the HP doesn't go over 60 deg C.

Oh, that sucks :frown:

Well, at least you've got a replacement now :wink:

Original post by Matrix123
Haha, cool :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please edit to -17,833 :wink: hehe

Please edit to -17,833 :wink: hehe

Already done :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh, that sucks :frown:

Well, at least you've got a replacement now :wink:

Yep, all I've got to do is transfer everything across to the new laptop :yep:

Once I do retire this Acer, I have to decide whether to (a) keep it as a backup, (b) try to fix the overheating issue by taking the whole laptop to bits in order to access the motherboard (which is where the fan/heatsink is located), or (c) sell it on eBay.

If I do sell it, it's not having the 9 cell Li-Ion battery that I bought for it - it's having the original battery that it came with, and the 9 cell can be sold separately :smile:

Already done :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown: Haha, wayy too fast for me, eh :tongue:

No problem - you'll likely want to stick around as we have a nice community atmosphere around in Forum games - plenty of threads with plenty of nice chatter :smile:

Yep, all I've got to do is transfer everything across to the new laptop :yep:

Once I do retire this Acer, I have to decide whether to (a) keep it as a backup, (b) try to fix the overheating issue by taking the whole laptop to bits in order to access the motherboard (which is where the fan/heatsink is located), or (c) sell it on eBay.

If I do sell it, it's not having the 9 cell Li-Ion battery that I bought for it - it's having the original battery that it came with, and the 9 cell can be sold separately :smile:

Haha, you've got good business techniques :tongue: You should definitely sell it separately :smile:

Haha, you've got good business techniques :tongue: You should definitely sell it separately :smile:

Yep - I paid quite a bit of money for this 9 cell battery :yep: it wasn't a genuine Acer battery but still fairly pricey. I decided to buy it after the original battery that came with the laptop went down to about 1 hours usage...

After being given an old battery as well (that fits the Acer 5742), I now have 3 batteries - one that lasts about 30 - 45 minutes on battery, one that lasts between 45 - 60 minutes on battery, and one (the 9 cell) lasting between 3 and 4 hours on battery (the 9 cell used to get 5 hours when new).

I wonder which one I shall include with the laptop, if I sell the laptop? :wink:

Do you enjoy? :tongue:
btw, I finally reped you! :biggrin:

Haha, that rep limit again... :wink:

At least it's not as much as when it used to be 40 different reps between repping the same member twice!

Yep - I paid quite a bit of money for this 9 cell battery :yep: it wasn't a genuine Acer battery but still fairly pricey. I decided to buy it after the original battery that came with the laptop went down to about 1 hours usage...

After being given an old battery as well (that fits the Acer 5742), I now have 3 batteries - one that lasts about 30 - 45 minutes on battery, one that lasts between 45 - 60 minutes on battery, and one (the 9 cell) lasting between 3 and 4 hours on battery (the 9 cell used to get 5 hours when new).

I wonder which one I shall include with the laptop, if I sell the laptop? :wink:

The one that lasts 30 mins :yep: :tongue:

Ooh, OK! I look forward to hearing from you ( AKA seeing your post :tongue:)
Oh really? Well then, my dear friend, you are already one step ahead of the game :biggrin: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe i shall go once ive written this!
Haha i suppose i am! This is actually a great idea for a thread! :yep:

:frown: Haha, wayy too fast for me, eh :tongue:

Hehe :tongue:

Goodnight! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha, that rep limit again... :wink:

At least it's not as much as when it used to be 40 different reps between repping the same member twice!

WOAH 40!!! :eek: Damn! :redface:

Hehe :tongue:

Goodnight! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please edit to -17,844 :wink: :tongue: haha lol
Aight, Goodnight! :biggrin:

Original post by FireFreezer77
Hehe i shall go once ive written this!
Haha i suppose i am! This is actually a great idea for a thread! :yep:

OK, I might be asleep once you've done that though :tongue:
Yeah! It'd be AWESOME to see you here more often :awesome:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Please edit to -17,844 :wink: :tongue: haha lol
Aight, Goodnight! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The one that lasts 30 mins :yep: :tongue:

That's the one - after all, this model of laptop is a few years old! In August of 2016 I'll have had this laptop 5 years! And believe me, even 30 minutes is doing pretty well for a 5 year old battery that got used quite regularly.

After about the 3 year mark, performance rapidly started dropping, with the battery barely lasting 1 hour. Now Windows 7 tells me (on the old battery, not the 9 cell) that I should "consider replacing your battery". It still works though, for about half an hour, which is more than can be said for the original battery in my old Packard Bell from 2007!

The Packard Bell's original battery fails to take a charge now (was about 2.5 hours when new, 6 cell), so I bought one off eBay. Turned out it was a cheap battery from China... and gave me problems with blue screens, not charging, glitching with the keyboard and mouse... Might try and repair the original Packard Bell battery somehow, and selling the cheap replacement as for parts if I can't get it charged up!

WOAH 40!!! :eek: Damn! :redface:

Yep, it used to be... Now I think it's closer to 20, somewhere between 10 and 20. Which is much better.

They also had it so that you couldn't give more than 5 reps per day, though now that limit has gone.

Latest