The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Sex and Relationship Education

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophisticatedSir
That was done by an islamic extremist. I don't really count since he most likely came from a third world country into America.

He was born in New York.
Original post by Mactotaur
He was born in New York.

Parents came from the third world then. Doesn't matter really since the main issue is islamic culture which doesn't intergrate well with western values.
Parents came from the third world then. Doesn't matter really since the main issue is islamic culture which doesn't intergrate well with western values.

There is no third world. The Soviet Union fell a while ago, you might have noticed.

You say that as if Christianity, the country's most subscribed to religion, is compatible with 'western values'. If we're taking that to mean 'doesn't discriminate based on immutable qualities', then think again. Most denominations of Christianity still oppose homosexuality's acceptance, and one specific church, the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, didn't accept black people as being allowed to be priests until 1978. I won't even get started on the gender issues with Christianity.
There is no third world. The Soviet Union fell a while ago, you might have noticed.

You say that as if Christianity, the country's most subscribed to religion, is compatible with 'western values'. If we're taking that to mean 'doesn't discriminate based on immutable qualities', then think again. Most denominations of Christianity still oppose homosexuality's acceptance, and one specific church, the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, didn't accept black people as being allowed to be priests until 1978. I won't even get started on the gender issues with Christianity.

The term third world is still appropriate to describe underdeveloped countries.

I don't see any Christians running around killing gays with guns and bombs, or cutting there heads off. Some might disagree sure and some might be vocal but actions speak louder than words and that's the main difference.
The term third world is still appropriate to describe underdeveloped countries.

I don't see any Christians running around killing gays with guns and bombs, or cutting there heads off. Some might disagree sure and some might be vocal but actions speak louder than words and that's the main difference.

We have much stricter gun control laws than in the US, making it harder for lunatics to get them, and with a population that is 20% the size of the US, we are much less likely to have such terrible attacks, thankfully.
We have much stricter gun control laws than in the US, making it harder for lunatics to get them, and with a population that is 20% the size of the US, we are much less likely to have such terrible attacks, thankfully.

Even though Mateen purchased those guns from a dealer in USA I still think Gun control is not really that helpful when it comes to most terrorist attacks.

Look at France for example, didn't stop those people from being injured/killed. You could argue it makes it easier but it's also easy to argue that banning guns wouldn't really stop terrorists from being able to commit such acts.

But then again I'm half and half on gun control. Sorry for going off topic but I did enjoy the discussion.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh heavens no. Normal sex ed is enough considering we get it at least once a month... And honestly if they did do this, I just wouldn't attend. I'd rather not have them force this information that I, personally will never need.
Original post by The_JoKeR
Oh heavens no. Normal sex ed is enough considering we get it at least once a month... And honestly if they did do this, I just wouldn't attend. I'd rather not have them force this information that I, personally will never need.

While it's fine for LGBT individuals to sit through monthly classes full of information that they personally might never need? :confused:

Normal sex ed huh? You don't think it would be at all handy to learn about what your friends might be going through or anything?
I really agree that a hell of a lot more needs to be done. There needs to be much better sex education in general, and as it is it's very much geared towards a certain type of relationship, more needs to be done about that. People should be learning about how to stay safe, and even how things work as LGBT+ people/couples. PSHE in general really needs to include more about the LGBT+ community.
Original post by AperfectBalance
I really do not see how that is "Demisexual" I mean I would not want to have sex with a women I am not emotionally attached to eg a hooker. But that really is not something that needs a new name, quite frankly I do not think that is something special

All I am saying is that there are just a lot of labels being thrown around but in the end they never acknowledge the complexity of the situation.

I don't know what school you went to if you actually got sufficient sex ed.
You clearly know nothing of biology then- your digestive tract does lubricate somewhat.
Also explain the prostate then? Like the gland in men that makes homosexual sex really really good. Did God intentionally put a sex organ up men's anuses or..?
Original post by Unown Uzer
This is about the education of LGBT relationships. What I am arguing is that there is no need to educate children about these relationships that in many cases result in no reproduction. We should not promoting these relationships to young children, lest more of them opt for not reproducing when they grow up, which by extension leads to a net decrease in our population. This is terrible for our economy.

we should be teaching our kids about lgbt relationships-teaching tolerance for straight kids and self acceptance and safety for lgbt kids. If being in a gay environment causes homosexuality then no children brought up by straight parents would be gay. But they are. So your argument holds no logic.
Furthermore we should encourage not reproducing- we are overpopulated. Overpopulation is not good for the economy, and overcrowded schools are a problem. Gay people should be praised as they adopt children- taking them out of an overcrowded care system. Surprising how someone who is anti-EU and immigration is also so adamant that our population should increase. You're just a hateful homophobe.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
While it's fine for LGBT individuals to sit through monthly classes full of information that they personally might never need? :confused:

Mind you, I don't need much of the stuff I learnt at school but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be made to sit through it.
Original post by Hopefulandhappy
You clearly know nothing of biology then- your digestive tract does lubricate somewhat.
Also explain the prostate then? Like the gland in men that makes homosexual sex really really good. Did God intentionally put a sex organ up men's anuses or..?

Well, there are several issues with that statement. The prostate is a sexual organ not because it's pleasurable but because it plays a role in protecting sperm and expelling it.

Secondly, it is a matter of debate as to whether it is pleasurable. As a gay man, I find is personally very uncomfortable. The idea that the prostate was planted there for enjoyment is ridiculous. It's not exactly like that type of enjoyment goes in favour of the theory of evolution does it!
Original post by Hopefulandhappy

Exactly, plus some hetro couples engage in anal sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the people wanting more education on lgbtwhatever can you say what exactly you want in the education
Original post by Napp

cant they just keep it to gay and straight as those two terms beautifully catch all.

What about bisexual people?

Failing that, it's important to know that asexual people exist, and that there's not necessarily something wrong with them.
Original post by hoping4thebest
It is the lifestyle that God intends us to have. The homosexual lifestyle goes against God's wishes.

not everyone believes in God. Education shouldn't be moulded around Christian religious beliefs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending