The Student Room Group

My ex keeps messaging me

My ex and I were together for almost 2 years and he ended it about 2 months ago,he said it was the distance blah blah blah,we lived an hour away on the train. We had a good relationship but then we started arguing a lot towards the end. When we broke up he was awful towards me,saying he regrets being with me etc. We stopped talking and then recently I had fake accounts following me on Instagram,it was about 2 accounts all together and it was him!!!!! Then out of the blue I had a message from him asking how's things,he told me he was ill etc etc. I ended the conversation. Then a boy who he knows messaged me and we just had a normal hey how are you chat. IT WAS ALL INNOCENT. The boy found out that I'm the ex of the boy he knows,so he messaged my ex saying he spoke to me. My ex then messaged me calling me a ****,saying I can't keep my legs shut,he regrets ever loving such a cu** . That I'm spiteful. he was saying he doesn't care etc and I said if you don't care why are you messaging me,and making fake accounts.. He then said he had a girlfriend......!!!!!! Is he hurt st the fact this boy was talking to me? Or am I in the wrong? Does he still have feelings or what!!!!!!! I'm completely done with him and want to move on now
Original post by Ktl1
My ex and I were together for almost 2 years and he ended it about 2 months ago,he said it was the distance blah blah blah,we lived an hour away on the train. We had a good relationship but then we started arguing a lot towards the end. When we broke up he was awful towards me,saying he regrets being with me etc. We stopped talking and then recently I had fake accounts following me on Instagram,it was about 2 accounts all together and it was him!!!!! Then out of the blue I had a message from him asking how's things,he told me he was ill etc etc. I ended the conversation. Then a boy who he knows messaged me and we just had a normal hey how are you chat. IT WAS ALL INNOCENT. The boy found out that I'm the ex of the boy he knows,so he messaged my ex saying he spoke to me. My ex then messaged me calling me a ****,saying I can't keep my legs shut,he regrets ever loving such a cu** . That I'm spiteful. he was saying he doesn't care etc and I said if you don't care why are you messaging me,and making fake accounts.. He then said he had a girlfriend......!!!!!! Is he hurt st the fact this boy was talking to me? Or am I in the wrong? Does he still have feelings or what!!!!!!! I'm completely done with him and want to move on now

Wow this guy sounds toxic and deeply immature. My advice would be to cut him out totally and block any fake accounts you can attribute to him on social media.
Original post by Ktl1

Oh my dear, it's a pity that your relationships have such awful final((( Frankly speaking, I had similar situation few years ago and I decided for myself not to communicate with my ex, because we had so many troubles, it was like a burden. You can solve this question without any help, only listen to your heart...
Reply 3
Original post by Eugenie Grandet
Wow this guy sounds toxic and deeply immature. My advice would be to cut him out totally and block any fake accounts you can attribute to him on social media.

I'm just confused,he has definitely made my self esteem go right down. I don't understand how someone can turn so nasty towards someone they loved.
Original post by Ktl1
I'm just confused,he has definitely made my self esteem go right down. I don't understand how someone can turn so nasty towards someone they loved.

People can shock you with their true colours

It sounds like he was happy when things were the way he wanted, as said above he's controlling

I think you got a lucky escape from him

The best way to respond to his mean comments are to kill him with kindness :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Kieran1996
People can shock you with their true colours

It sounds like he was happy when things were the way he wanted, as said above he's controlling

I think you got a lucky escape from him

The best way to respond to his mean comments are to kill him with kindness :smile:

Yeah he was extremely controlling. I wasn't allowed to wear certain things,had to be home at a certain time. I'm glad I am done with him now but I just don't understand him. Do you think he still cares or not?
Original post by Ktl1
Yeah he was extremely controlling. I wasn't allowed to wear certain things,had to be home at a certain time. I'm glad I am done with him now but I just don't understand him. Do you think he still cares or not?

no he just hates that he has no control

you'll find someone better who lets you express yourself :smile:
Original post by Ktl1

Really, it sounds like he has massive issues and that you are well shot. Just don't take any credence from what he says, and really try your best not to let your self-esteem suffer, there will be other guys out there who are kind, respectful, decent people and will make you much happier. Take it as a learning experience- we have all dated horrible people which we regret, you move on from it , it sucks massively at the time and then you learn to spot the good ones better in future :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Kieran1996
no he just hates that he has no control

you'll find someone better who lets you express yourself :smile:

Thank you for your help ☺️
Reply 9
Original post by Eugenie Grandet
Really, it sounds like he has massive issues and that you are well shot. Just don't take any credence from what he says, and really try your best not to let your self-esteem suffer, there will be other guys out there who are kind, respectful, decent people and will make you much happier. Take it as a learning experience- we have all dated horrible people which we regret, you move on from it , it sucks massively at the time and then you learn to spot the good ones better in future :smile:

Yeah I guess you're right. Thank you so much for your advice!!!
He needs to get some dignity. I don't hesitate to drop people like a stone, especially when they are leading me on.
He was angry because he knew that somewhere out there...greatguy exists.
Reply 12
Original post by neal95
He needs to get some dignity. I don't hesitate to drop people like a stone, especially when they are leading me on.
. He is horrible. A few days after the break up my dad passed away and he couldn't give two f****. He messaged me yesterday saying he wonders why bad things happen to me like your dad dying because the world doesn't do well with repulsive c**** like you. I just can't seem to get rid of him. He always finds a way of contacting me.
Reply 13
Original post by greatguy851
He was angry because he knew that somewhere out there...greatguy exists.
. When I do find someone great and start talking to them,My ex ruins it. He won't let me move on
Original post by Ktl1
. When I do find someone great and start talking to them,My ex ruins it. He won't let me move on

Please open your l̶e̶g̶s̶ heart out to me :u:
Original post by Ktl1

Ignore him and block him, he made his choice and it is his loss. You don't need to talk to him.
Reply 16
Original post by Rock Fan
Ignore him and block him, he made his choice and it is his loss. You don't need to talk to him.

I will do. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending