The Student Room Group

Literature Coursework

I am planning to do the Kite Runner as one of my coursework books.
Which 19th century book would be a suitable match to study it with?
Reply 1
You can try to compare it with 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. It'll be very interesting and you'll have a vast field of study. To be honest, I had to match the Little Prince of Exupery and the poems of Omar Khayyam. It was so exotic. Don't be afraid to try something new and original. I can tell that Prime writings help me a lot with this work. In case you've got any questions you can contact them. And good luck with your coursework!
Original post by DreamerRon
I am planning to do the Kite Runner as one of my coursework books.
Which 19th century book would be a suitable match to study it with?

What focus are you looking at in The Kite Runner?
Reply 3
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
What focus are you looking at in The Kite Runner?

Possibly
Guilt
Brotherhood
Human Suffering
Reply 4
Original post by Bekky1
You can try to compare it with 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. It'll be very interesting and you'll have a vast field of study. To be honest, I had to match the Little Prince of Exupery and the poems of Omar Khayyam. It was so exotic. Don't be afraid to try something new and original. I can tell that Prime writings help me a lot with this work. In case you've got any questions you can contact them. And good luck with your coursework!

I wish I could but its not a 19th century novel :frown:
Original post by DreamerRon
Possibly
Guilt
Brotherhood
Human Suffering

Guilt and human suffering: you can link the KR with The Moonstone (big novel) or Heart of Darkness. Both are 19th century novels and you can focus on colonialism and its aftermath. You can look at Imperialism and its consequences.

Theres loads of C19th novels that focus on guilt and human suffering like Jane Eyre, Madame Bovary, Therese Requin, Oliver Twist, Tom Sawyer, etc. Theres literally loads of novels.

The best to do is search "human suffering in victorian novels" or something and youll get a dozen searches.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending