The Student Room Group

Nicest world leader in History?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolakirk
Oh I completely forgot about him (he is so irrelevant now lmao) but yeah I cant deny the fact that he is a good guy, despite the fact that I will now be 30K+ in debt thanks to Nick Clegg et al :colonhash:

I have to admit, I had to double check his name on Google:lol: the Lib Dems seem like a generally nice but ineffective party :tongue:
I don't think calling a leader "nice" is a really that good a thing.
Fair, might be a better choice.
Original post by Zargabaath
I don't think calling a leader "nice" is a really that good a thing.
Fair, might be a better choice.

Being nice won't necessarily make them a good leader, but I just think it's a fun thing to think about :tongue:
Vlad the Impaler.
Original post by cipi
Hitler is up there. He liked dogs and was also a vegan

Hitler's dog has it's own Wikipedia page :lolwut:
Reply 25
Original post by JamesN88
Vlad the Impaler.

He was nice chap as long as you weren't a Turk lol.
Emperor Palpatine - he just wanted peace and order in the galaxy :u: (Before you slate me, remember it happened in a galaxy a long time ago aka the past :tongue:)

In all seriousness, I would have to say Obama. People may disagree with his policies but he seems like a nice guy.
Original post by PugDevil
Emperor Palpatine - he just wanted peace and order in the galaxy :u: (Before you slate me, remember it happened in a galaxy a long time ago aka the past :tongue:)

In all seriousness, I would have to say Obama. People may disagree with his policies but he seems like a nice guy.

If we can have Aslan then Palpatine is fair game
U bare cute
Reply 29
Original post by cipi
He was nice chap as long as you weren't a Turk lol.

Apparently Suleiman the Magnificent was a nice guy.. Magnificent is a nice name so he must've been.
Original post by Gingerbread101
The Americans are doing a lot better than us by this list :lol:

Trump easily offsets all the good leaders they've had.

Ed Miliband and Tim Farron seem nice.
Jose Mujica always seemed very modest, thoughtful and self-effacing despite the power and prosperity that he could have had as president.
Original post by JordanL_
Trump easily offsets all the good leaders they've had.

Ed Miliband and Tim Farron seem nice.

Ed Miliband is a lost puppy that wandered into politics
C'mon, it's gotta be Berlusconi; man's an absolute legend

Spoiler

Going back a few years to the aftermath of WWII, Clement Atlee - albeit little known in modern times - was responsible for the introduction of the National Health Service, the welfare state as we know it, Indian and Pakistani independence, among other great social reforms. His government was largely responsible for the transition from wartime to peacetime, and the great economic changes which accompanied it. One quarter of Britain's wealth was used up in the war, so Atlee faced significant difficulties in getting the country 'back on its feet'. By doing so, it is very possible that he could have prevented the country entering war once again.

In modern times, I'd probably say Barack Obama. He has a contagious sense of optimism, and a fantastic charisma which very few people can match. His influence stretches far beyond the confines of his country in a way I do not see from any other world leaders, and he is very much characterised by the picture on his Wikipedia page.

Obama can be summed up quite easily by his Wikipedia page photograph:

You can't fail to have confidence in someone who has had the weight of being the most powerful person in the world for over seven years*, but yet still seems so optimistic!

*Someone has created a website to show the length of time for which Obama has been President. Seriously...
The Dalai Lama or Pope Francis.
President Lyndon B. Johnson:redface:
Alexander II of Russia:smile:
King Charles II?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending