The Student Room Group

Blocked by a girl, now she's acting weird

I used to chat occasionally to this girl. It was just as friends and nothing of a relationship nature was even suggested by either of us.

I had randomly been blocked on social media after around two months of chatting. Nothing really triggered it, and I was actually quite offended as I have never been blocked by anyone before. Especially as I really don't know why. Anyway, it's not that big of a deal and I have loads of other people to talk to.

I didn't initiate conversation with her when I saw her again as I thought that being blocked means that she doesn't want to. But a few days later, she came up to me and asked'what is your opinion of being blocked?'

I just said, 'I'm cool with it, it's completely your choice who you block.'

Her response was quite negative to that, she didn't seem very happy that I said that. What was I supposed to say?

This is really weird. I've not been in this situation before.
Nothing, she blocked you. Take the hint.
Too be honest, I wouldn't worry too much. I think she's just trying to get a reaction out of you for some reason or other, perhaps to make you notice her? Or maybe she just doesn't want to talk to you so blocked you.
Reply 3
Original post by kizzlekat
Too be honest, I wouldn't worry too much. I think she's just trying to get a reaction out of you for some reason or other, perhaps to make you notice her? Or maybe she just doesn't want to talk to you so blocked you.

My friends also said to not read into it too much.
And yes I agree, it could be either of those factors.
I you weren't constantly trying to chat w/ her on social media and weren't pressuring her to meet up with you etc. - if you were truly just
friendly chatting occasionally then you have nothing to feel weird about. Some people are just rude. The fact that she blocked you
and you made no effort to contact her or speak to her when she saw you then she came up to you and made a point of asking how
you liked being blocked.... your response was perfect!! Who knows what's going on inside her strange head but good-riddance!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending