The Student Room Group

UCAS confirmation letter (AS12?) and student bank account

hey, ive been reading up on student bank accounts and finance today and have a few questions
i have a place at exeter starting this september, but it was a deferred place, so its totally confirmed since i have my grades, i.e., my place is unconditional now, and official on UCAS and stuff
i want to start sorting out a student bank account and I know that generally you can only make those after results day when you have a confirmation letter that you will be a student as evidence to the bank, but i was just wondering if theres a way for me to organise this now since i am already sort of confirmed? however, im told ill need a AS12 which i never received.. should I have this or do they all come after results day irregardless as to whether your place was already unconditional?

some other questions I have are just like: do i have to make a new account (since i want to make a student account with a different bank to my current one), should i have a saving account such as an easy access ISA, (i do have some savings and as far as i can tell the answer seems to be yes), but what im not sure about is, can i have a saver account with a different bank to my main student account, or am i just overcomplicating things?

just trying to be prepared and get the best deal i can but there is a heck of a lot of info to sift through and my parents have no idea about any of it works either haha

thanks
Original post by EmergencyBagels
hey, ive been reading up on student bank accounts and finance today and have a few questions
i have a place at exeter starting this september, but it was a deferred place, so its totally confirmed since i have my grades, i.e., my place is unconditional now, and official on UCAS and stuff
i want to start sorting out a student bank account and I know that generally you can only make those after results day when you have a confirmation letter that you will be a student as evidence to the bank, but i was just wondering if theres a way for me to organise this now since i am already sort of confirmed? however, im told ill need a AS12 which i never received.. should I have this or do they all come after results day irregardless as to whether your place was already unconditional?

some other questions I have are just like: do i have to make a new account (since i want to make a student account with a different bank to my current one), should i have a saving account such as an easy access ISA, (i do have some savings and as far as i can tell the answer seems to be yes), but what im not sure about is, can i have a saver account with a different bank to my main student account, or am i just overcomplicating things?

just trying to be prepared and get the best deal i can but there is a heck of a lot of info to sift through and my parents have no idea about any of it works either haha

thanks

You can find the AS12 letter on your UCAS track - have a look there. You don't need a new account if you don't want one, but I'm not an expert on that stuff.
Original post by EmergencyBagels

thanks

You can print the as12 off your UCAS account,they don't post them to you anymore. Yes,savings up to you but you d be complicating things by having your savings in a different bank,get something different to an isa if you can as their rates are rubbish.
Original post by usycool1
You can find the AS12 letter on your UCAS track - have a look there. You don't need a new account if you don't want one, but I'm not an expert on that stuff.

Original post by claireestelle
You can print the as12 off your UCAS account,they don't post them to you anymore. Yes,savings up to you but you d be complicating things by having your savings in a different bank,get something different to an isa if you can as their rates are rubbish.

ok thanks for the advice you guys :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending