The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Farringdon should be sending invites out this afternoon, latest tomorrow morning (just called them up)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any news from Iscoed?
Original post by wanabebarrister
Has anyone heard from Charter for the 2016 (outside GW) or 2017 (on the GW) pupillage? They are the only place I have not heard from and my GW still says 'applied'.

I applied for the 2016 pupillage and still haven't heard anything. I've checked this thread pretty militantly as well and haven't seen anybody post about interviews. The deadline was well over 2 months ago now for the 2016 pupillage, has anyone rang them?
Reply 2663
Has anyone heard from fountain court?
Reply 2664
Has anyone heard back from 9 St John Street post-first round?
Original post by new_tricks
Apparently last year they didn't announce first round interviews until 9th July.

Okay, thank you!
Unsuccessful via GW email for Wilberforce. They sent me a template email stating "We regret to inform you that your application will not be taken any further/you have not been selected for second/third round interview/we will not be offering you pupillage this year" which is not anyone's favourite way to receive bad news.

Hope others have fared better!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2667
Arden second rounds out. Anyone have any experiences to share? There's a written exercise to be submitted in advance and a problem question we'll see just before we go in but the interview is 45 mins long so I'd be grateful for any insight into what they might ask!!
Can anyone give any tips on what to expect in second round at Matrix, Pump Court or Garden Court please? Thanks very very much!
Original post by LawMe
Massive congratulations on getting interviews for 7/8 of your applications (fingers crossed on the 8th one for you), especially on your first go! You must have an amazing application form, what's your secret?!

Incest or the ability to levitate. I'm absolutely gobsmacked at that hit rate. I've got a London degree (2:1), VC BPTC and am working in a quite high profile litigation firm - not one interview. I'm convinced that the Oxbridge mafia hold the keys - prove me wrong.
Original post by leagle
Incest or the ability to levitate. I'm absolutely gobsmacked at that hit rate. I've got a London degree (2:1), VC BPTC and am working in a quite high profile litigation firm - not one interview. I'm convinced that the Oxbridge mafia hold the keys - prove me wrong.

Don't get disheartened - an Oxbridge degree is an advantage but nothing more than that.
Reply 2671
Original post by victorioussecret
Farringdon should be sending invites out this afternoon, latest tomorrow morning (just called them up)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone heard?
Reply 2672
Original post by leagle

I thought I had a pretty good application this year but only got 1 interview! I think my application form writing ability is to blame so I'm going to work on that for next year.

Also I have a holiday booked in July and so I put those dates in my dates to avoid (like the honest person I am) but one Chambers told me that the fact I'm not available for a week in July may be a factor in not getting a first interview, despite the fact they were not doing second interviews until July. I accept that for them its probably a fruitless exercise to invite someone for a first interview who wont be in the country for when they are thinking of holding second interviews but it still doesn't help with my confidence! Next year I'm leaving my dates to avoid blank, even if I know I will have some, in hopes of improving my hit rate. Just a tip!
Reply 2673
Original post by LawMe
I thought I had a pretty good application this year but only got 1 interview! I think my application form writing ability is to blame so I'm going to work on that for next year.

Also I have a holiday booked in July and so I put those dates in my dates to avoid (like the honest person I am) but one Chambers told me that the fact I'm not available for a week in July may be a factor in not getting a first interview, despite the fact they were not doing second interviews until July. I accept that for them its probably a fruitless exercise to invite someone for a first interview who wont be in the country for when they are thinking of holding second interviews but it still doesn't help with my confidence! Next year I'm leaving my dates to avoid blank, even if I know I will have some, in hopes of improving my hit rate. Just a tip!

I have got 5 first interviews out of 18 (waiting to hear back from 19th still) and I put on my form that I was only available via Skype before 4th July as I lived in New Zealand. I did wonder if that would have an impact on my success rate. Have to say all chambers who have offered me interviews so far have been very helpful and willing to accommodate my annoying requests for change of interview times/date/Skype.
I haven't been so lucky with chambers being accommodating of time changes and have now had two instances where I have had to choose which interview to attend as neither chambers would give any leeway time wise. On the upside I have at least secured a number of first rounds albeit entirely through non-gateway chambers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2675
Original post by SFLaw
I have got 5 first interviews out of 18 (waiting to hear back from 19th still) and I put on my form that I was only available via Skype before 4th July as I lived in New Zealand. I did wonder if that would have an impact on my success rate. Have to say all chambers who have offered me interviews so far have been very helpful and willing to accommodate my annoying requests for change of interview times/date/Skype.

I'm glad your experience has been so good and chambers have been accommodating. I'm under no illusions that the fact I was unavailable was the only reason I haven't had many first rounds but if it tipped me over the edge at one chambers I'd rather take it off! Perhaps putting that I would be available via skype would be helpful! I think the fact that I am away on holiday rather than actually living in a different country probably also wouldn't win me any sympathy or leeway with interviews.
Anyone have any tips on the CPS assessment this year?
Original post by Radebe91
From searching, I can't see anyone mentioning 4SB interviews on here.

My gateway turned to 'Unsuccessful' for 4SB at some point yesterday or earlier. Why don't more people ring chambers up? I managed to cull 2/3 chambers from my list just by ringing because they'd forgotten to notify candidates...
Original post by acjw015
Did anyone ask when we would hear from 25BR about the third round?

No, you heard anything?
(edited 7 years ago)
If anyone was waiting on Furnival send them an email. Apparently they've had some bounce back issues.
Can't say mine was successful sadly but it's worth a shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending