The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LegalCat
Anyone have any tips on the CPS assessment this year?

Don't waste your time in dressing smart. I turned up in full interview dress (my best suit, polished shoes, with hair and make up done immaculately) only to find that the other 24 candidates were dressed as though they had just taken advantage of the summer sale in sports direct. I assumed they were all LPC students, fitting the assessment in between lectures, either that or I'd missed the memo. I like to think there is no way on earth us barristers would drop to those standards. If I'd turned up for bar school in anything less I can assure you I'd be disciplined!
Cornerstone second round interviews out by non-personalised email!
GW still on 'First Interview'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shestheone
Don't waste your time in dressing smart. I turned up in full interview dress (my best suit, polished shoes, with hair and make up done immaculately) only to find that the other 24 candidates were dressed as though they had just taken advantage of the summer sale in sports direct. I assumed they were all LPC students, fitting the assessment in between lectures, either that or I'd missed the memo. I like to think there is no way on earth us barristers would drop to those standards. If I'd turned up for bar school in anything less I can assure you I'd be disciplined!

You're not a barrister
Original post by AlphaGoblin
You're not a barrister

Once called to the Bar one has the title of 'barrister'. Am afraid I've already made the error of dressing up! Waiting patiently to go in and complete the assessment.
Original post by LegalCat
Once called to the Bar one has the title of 'barrister'. Am afraid I've already made the error of dressing up! Waiting patiently to go in and complete the assessment.

Good luck!

@LegalCat absolutely do not follow this advice. Go in full interview dress, stand out as professional and don't judge others based on their dress.
Has anyone heard from Farringdon yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2687
Original post by LegalLab
Has anyone heard from Farringdon yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Still waiting.
Still waiting too despite what they said on the phone yesterday :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did Atlantic give anyone an indication as to when we might hear about the outcome of the First Round?
Does anyone know if Keating are a pre-1st August rejector post second round, with offers saved, like some sets or whether they release all outcomes on gateway day?

I turned up to bar school in a hoodie, jeans and trainers most of the time. The vast majority of other students did the same. Only a few failures who probably never would get pupillage dressed smart as this is probably the only time in life they can. I suspect you are one of those.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys can we stop with all the mean comments and attacking each other please? This thread was set up so that we could all help each other through this difficult process and notify each other about interviews. Please stop all the hateful comments!
I was having drinks with a friend who's a barrister at New Court last night (lucky me) and s/he told me that s/he thought they were still sifting applications. I did not apply there and I didn't ask for this information but it was offered in good faith and I thought this might be of interest to anyone who has applied to them.
Original post by hsthomas1
Guys can we stop with all the mean comments and attacking each other please? This thread was set up so that we could all help each other through this difficult process and notify each other about interviews. Please stop all the hateful comments!

Absolutely agree - this process is hard enough as it is!
Original post by danbar
I turned up to bar school in a hoodie, jeans and trainers most of the time. The vast majority of other students did the same. Only a few failures who probably never would get pupillage dressed smart as this is probably the only time in life they can. I suspect you are one of those.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't seem to have pupillage given that you were moaning about silent rejections a few days ago.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by wannabeebar
Absolutely agree - this process is hard enough as it is!

If people are so thinned skinned that they get upset / anguished over comments made by trolls and keyboard warriors then quite frankly those people will never succeed at the bar, let alone succeed in getting to the bar.

Strap on a pair and stop thinking about what other people say or think. If you care about anything outside of your own head then you have already failed.

Peace out
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
I was having drinks with a friend who's a barrister at New Court last night (lucky me) and s/he told me that s/he thought they were still sifting applications. I did not apply there and I didn't ask for this information but it was offered in good faith and I thought this might be of interest to anyone who has applied to them.

Thank you! 24 days to go!
You are right, I don't. I am applying now (hence why I'm on this thread) . Have a few second rounds coming up. I might never pupillage despite getting second rounds, but there were many people on the BPTC with no hope at all (as in they would lucky to get any interviews).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending