The Student Room Group

Mixed signals Tinder guy...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BlondeBookworm
I think OP is justified in posting. Tinder is NOT just for hook-ups and I know quite a few people who have had/ are in long lasting relationships thanks to Tinder. It is not a reflection of anyone having 'failed' to obtain a SO in real life, but when you think about it we mainly exist in our work/ friend circles and does anybody really want it to get complicated with friends or colleagues? It can work, but it's a very small pool to be fishing from. Tinder on the other hand increases the chances of you finding someone who 'ticks your boxes', but as there is so much choice it's important to weed out the time wasters.

Tinder may encourage people to live more hedonistically (hence why it's important to be vigilant) but 'Tinder guys' are not a strange species- we're all humans that could have met in real life, and it's a bit reductive to reduce a person down to the app on which you met them (unless of course, you intend it in the pejorative sense. Have certainly called someone the Tinder Tw*t before now...) But on the whole I think you've got to be open minded and not think that everyone is a product of Tinder. Yeah, have met some strange souls on there, but also some genuinely nice people and have had a good time with them.

You are a very smart person and I like you :biggrin:
Yes the average age of my friends and colleagues is about 5yrs younger than me so unless I turn into a cradle snatcher Tinder is definitely my best bet at finding someone. I've met some really bad time wasters on there but this one really took the biscuit, hence me posting about it. At least he told me where he goes on nights out so I can go slap him sometime.
Original post by Crazy Sheep
You are a very smart person and I like you :biggrin:
Yes the average age of my friends and colleagues is about 5yrs younger than me so unless I turn into a cradle snatcher Tinder is definitely my best bet at finding someone. I've met some really bad time wasters on there but this one really took the biscuit, hence me posting about it. At least he told me where he goes on nights out so I can go slap him sometime.

:five:

So true! I really wish you good luck on finding someone and hope you have lots of fun on the way! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending