The Student Room Group

ex-teacher flirting with me?

i have already posted this but i think no one looked at it due to the boring name, so i thought reposting under a different title would get replies

This is anon for a reason, and the names and little details (like the subject department - nothing important) have all been changed so no one figures out who I am. Please note that the teacher didnt personally teach me for any subjects as i didnt take the subject he teaches. He worked as one of my house teachers.

I left school officially about a week and a half ago - signed off, no longer a student there, completely done.
Since may, me and my friends have had a joke about one teacher - Mr. Williams - and on the last day of term before our study leave, we gave nick names to the whole maths department and posted a list on the main door to the department. by the end of the day we had told each teacher which one they were as a small prank on our last day all together. We told Mr. Williams his nickname, but we couldn't tell him the reason behind, as it was rather sexual, but the name didnt come across that way so you wouldnt guess just from the name.

During the term at school after coming back, there were no incidents of anything to do with the joke as we never really saw him. But, on the wednesday before we signed off, it was our schools annual maths quiz, and since me and my friend Ella hadn't been since year 10 (all students and teachers go, but dont have to partake) which was the last time we were required to go, we thought we would go and say good luck to the teachers and have a small memory lane moment. We ended up assisting, and we had a small bit of banter with Mr. Williams before we left at around 5. Nothing happened after that until book return day on the friday when we got signed out

We had a joke about buttons with one of the other math teachers and their nick name, so we had bought him a small bottle of buttons from wilkinsons as a goodbye joke.

About a week after signing out, me friend wanted to tell her old art teacher that she got on the art course at college, so I went up to school with her. We helped the teacher set up for the year 7 french trip which would be happening in a couple of weeks, so by the time we had finished that, we went back up to house in time for the buffet they hold at the end of induction week. After about 5 mins, Mr williams came up as he works in the house, and we had a small chat. once all the students had gone home around 1, i plugged in my phone to the speakers to play my music - oldies but goldies, madness, jam, queen - which mr williams really liked - that was just coincidence, i didnt know he liked that music.
just as me and Ella where about to leave about 30 minutes later, our head of house Miss Yates asked us if we were able to go down and help set up for the fundraiser quiz for the french trip so we went, and Mr williams was also setting up.
about an hour later, Me and ella went to was up all the pints glasses for the night, so I had my music playing again, and we were singing along like always. I turn around to turn down the volume, and mr williams is standing in the doorway looking at me singing with a smile on his face. Skip 20 minutes and as me and ella are leaving, I ask mr williams if he is going to the sixth form end of year party that night, to which he replied yes.

Skip to about 7pm when i arrive at the party, sitting in my mums car before i go in, i can see mr Williams spot me and then smile. I go in and sit down while i wait for my friends to come down from their room as the party was in a hotel. Mr williams comes over and we chat for about 10 minutes until my friends show up.
skip ahead 30 minutes and the party is in full swing, but i'm sat at the table while my friends are dancing because i felt a little down and i didnt know why. I see mr williams out the corner of my eye walking over, stopping, then going back again - exactly what my ex boyfriend did when he wanted to get back with me, as if he were coming to talk to me, then chickening out.
skip to about half 10 and im dancing away with my friends when sex on fire begins to play, and when i look over to mr williams a couple of times, he is watching me dance, and on the third time i look, i hold eye contact for about 4 seconds, and then he looks down, and leaves the room.

Since i got a picture with him and a couple other teachers, on the saturday after i emailed them round to each teacher photographed. The first to reply is Mr williams, at 10pm on a sunday when the rest didnt reply until 10am this morning.
all day, me and mr williams have been emailing casually.

I know i shouldnt be fuelling anything, and i know i shoudlnt be casually emailing my ex teacher - but I find myslef getting nervous when he replies.
why did he not do any of this while i was still a student, why wait until i was signed off?
i don't know if this is something begin to form but i dont want to tell anyone in case they think it is.
I'm 18, he's 26, and i am no longer a student at the school.

what do yous lot think?

Scroll to see replies

I think no one replied to your thread because it was too long :shock:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
what do yous lot think?

I think it's the length of the post that's not getting you replies and not the title.

*Edit: Of-course little miss 'I-post-six-thousand-comments-a-day' up there would get the comment in before me. ^ :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
You're not a student any more, so there's no breach of trust involved...

TL;DR: there's a dude flirting with you. Do with that as you will.
Reply 4
He is obviously just rather fond of you and isn't breaking any rules and if you're not ok with it then you can just not reply to the emails ?
Reply 5
sorry it's long,but it was the context and info needed to get the situation across. and just to clarify - i wasnt asking at the end why you think it wasnt getting replies, i was asking your opinion of the situation so thank you to those who got that and replied accordingly. Also, he only ever replies early morning or late at night? I've only been in the maths office twice before so i know his desk is situated where no one else can see his emails, but when he replied today, it was about half 10, when i know he has a free and is in the house office where another teachers desk his behind his and she has clear view of his laptop over his shoulder? I'm assuming that she just wasnt there at this point though.
It's not making me uncomfortable per say, but its that fact that makes me nervous - why isnt it making me uncomfortable? I'll post another reply with some quotes from the emails - they are short and quick emails btw
Reply 6
it started with me sending him the selfie i got of us at the party - i did with a few teachers and also sent them. He replied at 10pm on sunday "Thank you Anon, I hope you enjoyed the party?" - since there was a question mark, i thought it would be rude not to reply. i said "I did - have to be the only one who remembers the whole thing though - perks of not liking the taste of alcohol! I also sent round the group photo of you and the other teachers [i named them so leaving that out], so i hope you got that too!"
next day at 8:30AM he said "yes, i got that too! nice photo [sarcasm, if you saw the pic, you'd know]. Best of luck with the job interviews!" - it was a 5 second part of our convo from the party i had nearly forgotten about.
around 5pm that say i took a screenshot of a comment my friend made on the pic of us i put on insta and said to him "I put all the party pics on my instagram and Gemma commented this! look out - she's coming for ya" to which he replied at 9pm "Haha! oops, i better hide!"
this morning i also then sent around all the selfies from the christmas party to which he replied "Haha! another good photo!" and i said "what can i say - i should've done photography instead of some lessons!"

Since we promised to tell him what his nickname meant on results day, I started doing it all by hand using stencils that used to be my great grandma's, and i sent him a pic of the first page cropped down as a sneak peak saying "you better appreciate this on results day - i'm not even halfway done yet i've been doing it for two days", and he literally just now replied (5:15pm) "What does it mean!? I'm looking forward to it!" to which I replied with the pic that says "based on true events - story by ella and anon, illustrations by anon" captioned "all will be revealed"
by law there no rule being broken so you can do as you wish OP
It's a bit unprofessional. Even if its not breaking any laws, I don't think any teacher who is serious about their profession interacts socially like that with their current or former pupils.
You are no longer officially a student so there is nothing technically wrong. It sounds to me though like you've initiated the flirting and kept it going. For him it may be nothing more than friendly banter..... so don't read too much into it until the 'flirting' between you become obvious. He may not see this situation the way you do. Are you going off to uni or will you be staying in town?
Original post by Hopefully1
You are no longer officially a student so there is nothing technically wrong. It sounds to me though like you've initiated the flirting and kept it going. For him it may be nothing more than friendly banter..... so don't read too much into it until the 'flirting' between you become obvious. He may not see this situation the way you do. Are you going off to uni or will you be staying in town?

staying in town another year - and he's knows that as it was the main part of the conversation we had at the party when we had the job discussion - i know that it is highly unlikely that anything will happen and i wont push anything - i just wanted outside and unbiased opinions
Is he fit
Only time will tell what he thinks...... I would guess though.... even if he is interested that it will be several months before he'd make a romantic jester because you've only recently left the school. Good luck (assuming that is the way you want it to go)
Reply 13
Who knows. I guess since you've left school and are 18 it could be legal, but certainly likely to generate some staff room banter and not likely to help career progression. The age gap is a bit wide too. Unless both of you view each other as potential life partners I wouldn't go there. Save it for a uni lecturer instead.
Reply 14
You can put as much waffle as you want. But now you're 18 it's as simple as some dude's flirting with you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Is he fit

oh hell yes - for the first year of sixth form we didnt know his name so we called him the fit maths teacher
if hes hot bang him like a biscuit
My thoughts are that your school used you for a lot of free labour
I highly doubt he has an account here
Original post by AndrewSCO
My thoughts are that your school used you for a lot of free labour

I was happy to help - i find it really hard to let go of my school because of all the stuff that happened in the 7 years i was there. it meant i was able to stay longer, and thats fine by me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending