The Student Room Group

Confused, lost, Muslim Girl, all help and advise would be good

Hi everyone
I'm at an all time low right now and seeking some help and advise to get through this.
I would like to remain anonymous for now, I'm just worried I may know someone on here so need to protect my identity.

Okay here is my story

8 years ago I starting dating a none Muslim guy, I was 17 at the time and he was 21. We dated for 5 years and got so strong. He was my first true love. I dated other men before (Muslim ones and hated it) where as with this guy, I loved him (still do)
Anyways he knew what my family were like, I used to lie all the time to my family, stay at his house everyday and come home at 11, it's like I lived my 5 years with him as a lie to my family.

One day my mother found out, she was hatred towards me, very bitter, told me to forget him and find a Muslim. She cursed him all the time, she hated it. My brothers eventually found out and then 5 years later in the relationship I ended it. During the 4th year dating he did start at looking to convert but it started to get complicated and was questioning things in the religion. It was in the 5th year he said to me he cant do it. He doesn't want to be Muslim. He wants to be accepted for who he is. Then I decided to end things. I was a mess and then 1 year passed and I heard he was dating again. My heart was in pieces. I couldn't breathe when I found out. Total knife in my heart. I started dating to help keep me distracted. I was a mess and yes I dated a none Muslim again to try heal me.

Anyways 2 years have now passed and this month (3weeks ago) I got a message from my ex. It was a song that said he will never forget me.
We exchange emails and caught up! It was nice to hear from him. He is doing so well in his life, owns a Lamborghini, is a business owner and so successful (all happened after we broke up)

He is still in his relationship and so am I.

A few days ago we decided to meet up secretly. One thing lead to another and flame was reignited. We slept with each other, it felt comfortable. But then a few days later we both regretted it as we are both in relationships.

I know what we done was bad, but we both still love each other. It was because I stopped loving him we broke. We stopped because of religion.

Now we Both are confused and we have spoken and agreed that this can be no more. He said we won't work at all, he doesn't want to be a Muslim and he doesn't want my family to disown me. He told me I need to find the right man.

So now I'm here, crying, hating the fact it was my religion that made us not be together.
If religion wasn't a part of it then we would be married by now, had kids and a lovely house.

What do I do?

Family: so mum has been to haaj and has become very religious, she's very culture orientated. She tells me tirelessly that I'm getting old '26 and I need to get married and settle down with a Muslim. My brothers are strong believers too.

What do I do?
Has anyone been in the situation

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I think you should just totally forget him because deep down you known nothing will come out of it. He is in a relationship right now and has got on with his life. You need to do the same and focus on your life. You only love him because you spent 5 long years with him, those feelings didn't come about over night. The solution is not getting into a rebound relationship because that makes you feel empty and guilty and its not fair on the guy. Its a vicious cycle so break free and enjoy life. Do what you like, go out more and immerse yourself in hobbies. You will forget about him. The more you resist the more he will want to make it work with you. If you keep responding he will treat you as plan B girl because he knows at the back of his mind that you still want him, so you're better off without him.
" now I'm here, crying, hating the fact it was my religion that made us not be together.
If religion wasn't a part of it then we would be married by now, had kids and a lovely house"

Surely if you believed in religion at all then you'd believe that the hereafter is more important than the worldly life and therefore prioritise it over some guy and a house? It's not your religion if you don't practice it.
If you really love him and it's meant to be, nomatter what has happened, even if it's a bit of a mess. Break away and be happy.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone
I'm at an all time low right now and seeking some help and advise to get through this.
I would like to remain anonymous for now, I'm just worried I may know someone on here so need to protect my identity.

Okay here is my story

8 years ago I starting dating a none Muslim guy, I was 17 at the time and he was 21. We dated for 5 years and got so strong. He was my first true love. I dated other men before (Muslim ones and hated it) where as with this guy, I loved him (still do)
Anyways he knew what my family were like, I used to lie all the time to my family, stay at his house everyday and come home at 11, it's like I lived my 5 years with him as a lie to my family.

One day my mother found out, she was hatred towards me, very bitter, told me to forget him and find a Muslim. She cursed him all the time, she hated it. My brothers eventually found out and then 5 years later in the relationship I ended it. During the 4th year dating he did start at looking to convert but it started to get complicated and was questioning things in the religion. It was in the 5th year he said to me he cant do it. He doesn't want to be Muslim. He wants to be accepted for who he is. Then I decided to end things. I was a mess and then 1 year passed and I heard he was dating again. My heart was in pieces. I couldn't breathe when I found out. Total knife in my heart. I started dating to help keep me distracted. I was a mess and yes I dated a none Muslim again to try heal me.

Anyways 2 years have now passed and this month (3weeks ago) I got a message from my ex. It was a song that said he will never forget me.
We exchange emails and caught up! It was nice to hear from him. He is doing so well in his life, owns a Lamborghini, is a business owner and so successful (all happened after we broke up)

A few days ago we decided to meet up secretly. One thing lead to another and flame was reignited. We slept with each other, it felt comfortable. But then a few days later we both regretted it as we are both in relationships.

I know what we done was bad, but we both still love each other. It was because I stopped loving him we broke. We stopped because of religion.

Now we Both are confused and we have spoken and agreed that this can be no more. He said we won't work at all, he doesn't want to be a Muslim and he doesn't want my family to disown me. He told me I need to find the right man.

So now I'm here, crying, hating the fact it was my religion that made us not be together.
If religion wasn't a part of it then we would be married by now, had kids and a lovely house.

What do I do?

Family: so mum has been to haaj and has become very religious, she's very culture orientated. She tells me tirelessly that I'm getting old '26 and I need to get married and settle down with a Muslim. My brothers are strong believers too.

What do I do?

I'm so sorry this happened to you. That all I can say. I hope you end up together and overcome your barriers.:redface:
Leave him, it's best for you. If he really loved you he would revert.
Attachment not found
If you care about religion, block him on all platforms, make tauba and move on (which will take some time), make positive changes in your life, get married the proper way and stop this dating rubbish.

If you don't care about religion, then I have nothing to advise you other than the above.

May Allah guide you and us all.
So depressing to read.
Wait so you were both in other relationships and slept with each other ?
That's honestly so sad. Something similar happened with one of my cousins too :/

I'd say break away from your religion and your family. Your mother doesn't sound very supportive at all. And don't sleep with your ex again. If he truly cares for you, see what he does to the one he's dating. If he carries on dating as if nothing happened, he isn't worth it.
Original post by Zamestaneh
If you care about religion, block him on all platforms, make tauba and move on (which will take some time), make positive changes in your life, get married the proper way and stop this dating rubbish.

If you don't care about religion, then I have nothing to advise you other than the above.

May Allah guide you and us all.

Dating isn't a rubbish concept. OP clearly is more Western so it isn't her fault your religion is stuck in the middle ages.
If he's in a relationship move on. OP do you think it'll be possible for you to date someone within your religion? Take a break from dating and focus on loving yourself at the moment. I do feel your family have been unsupportive, if you're unhappy in your religion you may want to break away from it. Try and pray also!!!!
Wish you the best.
Reply 13
Hi everyone

Okay here is my story

What do I do?

What do I do?

This is really stupid. Just quit your 'religion'. Do you honestly think that God will reward you for making yourself miserable (if he even exists)..........
Hi everyone

Okay here is my story

What do I do?

What do I do?

Difficult

You are where you are, you were born into an Islamic family and he does now want to convert. He's courting, as are you. Find a Muslim lad and live your life, we all have past ex(s) whom we shared a great time with but it's not to be.

Do you pray? If so pray as the power of prayer can help to heal the heart. Allah is forgiving. No point in people attacking you for doing all this, we all sin but God judges and is compassionate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The way I see it, if two people are truly meant to be together, absolutely nothing can stop them. Take of that what you will

You could try distancing yourself from your family first, marry and settle with him, then work back towards coming to good terms with your family. I suppose when it's all died down a bit and they see you're happy, they'll accept it.
Original post by redleader1
Wait so you were both in other relationships and slept with each other ?

This ^^^
How could you do that though? :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
This is really stupid. Just quit your 'religion'. Do you honestly think that God will reward you for making yourself miserable (if he even exists)..........

That's unhelpful and insensitive, she can't just tear off a part of her identity like a sticking plaster.
Reply 17
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
That's unhelpful and insensitive, she can't just tear off a part of her identity like a sticking plaster.

Of course she can. We should abandon things that make us unhappy.
Kinky.
so you cheated on your boyfriend, you should feel ashamed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending