The Student Room Group

when can you start going through the clearing process?

hi folks,

finished my BTEC 90 credit In Agriculture and wanting to apply for a course though UCAS clearing, my college have said to me that my grade is DM but it has not been through BTEC verification. When can I start talking to unis?.
Original post by Agric101
hi folks,

finished my BTEC 90 credit In Agriculture and wanting to apply for a course though UCAS clearing, my college have said to me that my grade is DM but it has not been through BTEC verification. When can I start talking to unis?.

Once you have your grade confirmed by the exam boar and get yourself a clearing number you can speak to them.
Reply 2
When the exam board confirms the grades. While all the coursework gets marked by the teachers, the board providing the qualification will check 2-3 people works for each unit to make sure that the teachers graded fairly.

There is no specific date for the grades to be confirmed but they usually do the checks throughout July so you should have confirmation by the end of July or beginning of August
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Once you have your grade confirmed by the exam boar and get yourself a clearing number you can speak to them.

a clearing number has appeared on UCAS track so does that mean its come through
Reply 4
Original post by Devify
When the exam board confirms the grades. While all the coursework gets marked by the teachers, the board providing the qualification will check 2-3 people works for each unit to make sure that the teachers graded fairly.

There is no specific date for the grades to be confirmed but they usually do the checks throughout July so you should have confirmation by the end of July or beginning of August

ahh cheers
Original post by Agric101
a clearing number has appeared on UCAS track so does that mean its come through

That means you're IN clearing.

You could try calling universities you're interested in now. If UCAS have received your grades then the universities will be able to confirm that they've come through electronically and you can come up with a shortlist of informal offers and add your favourite on Track.
Original post by PQ
That means you're IN clearing.

You could try calling universities you're interested in now. If UCAS have received your grades then the universities will be able to confirm that they've come through electronically and you can come up with a shortlist of informal offers and add your favourite on Track.

Can you apply to courses through clearing even if you have your grades in hand and didn't apply through ucas the normal way?
You can

You have two options -
1) call up without applying through UCAS and see if a university will accept you via the "RPA" route (essentially they take you directly and then tell UCAS about you afterwards. This isn't ideal as some universities refuse to use RPAs for UK students, other refuse outright and it can cause a lot of hassle.

2) apply as normal through UCAS now - you'll be placed straight into Clearing. You'll need a Personal Statement and Reference (or at the least the contact details of a referee).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending