The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing late application 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

It was a lot better than I imagined. I thought the maths test was easy and the lady gave me the thumbs up on my 1-1. If anything the group activity was a bit nervewracking, but I done my best. Does anyone know how long the wait is to find out this time of year?

Still got edge hills interview next wednesday :-)
Original post by liveyourdream
Hi,

It was a lot better than I imagined. I thought the maths test was easy and the lady gave me the thumbs up on my 1-1. If anything the group activity was a bit nervewracking, but I done my best. Does anyone know how long the wait is to find out this time of year?

Still got edge hills interview next wednesday :-)

well done! do you know if they are doing any other interviews? I have no idea how long will take I'm still waiting to hear back from the uni I put an application into. was over a week now lol and in getting impatient X
Original post by nickisams2012
well done! do you know if they are doing any other interviews? I have no idea how long will take I'm still waiting to hear back from the uni I put an application into. was over a week now lol and in getting impatient X

I'm not sure to be honest. There were about 40+ applicants today. I was surprised there were so many.

The waiting game is horrible lol
Original post by helloooo46
pm-ed you back, did you get it?

you heard back from any other uni's? 😀
Reply 84
Hey guys - anyone else had interviews for South Bank or Kings? Or any just in general :smile: I've been offered interviews for those two later in July.

Would be good to find out how they all went and how you prepared for them?

I'm coming from a no healthcare work experience background so I'm feeling pretty nervous and know im going to have to have very well polished answers as I'm sure it will come up interviews. Anyone else in the same boat?

Jess

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant believe I am writing this, but following yesterdays interview at Chester Uni I got offered an unconditional offer for adult nursing there this morning. I am in shock and soooooooo happy!!!!!! My heart sank when I seen an email from ucas to sign in and check status. With the interview being yesterday. I thought it was going to be a rejection. I can't stop smiling and feel so proud of myself. So exciting!!!!! Roll on February 2017!!!

Good luck to anyone else having interviews or waiting to hear xx
I cant believe I am writing this, but following yesterdays interview at Chester Uni I got offered an unconditional offer for adult nursing there this morning. I am in shock and soooooooo happy!!!!!! My heart sank when I seen an email from ucas to sign in and check status. With the interview being yesterday. I thought it was going to be a rejection. I can't stop smiling and feel so proud of myself. So exciting!!!!! Roll on February 2017!!!

massive congratulations how exciting!
I bet your buzzing 😀
Reply 87
Amazing! Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88

Awesome news! Well done! I start in February too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have revived an email I have an interview his Wednesday!! any tips
I have revived an email I have an interview his Wednesday!! any tips

OMG WELL DONE!! I got an email today for an interview at hertfordshire :biggrin: i have registered but it doesnt display a date for the interview .. i might have to call them tomorrow :/
Original post by helloooo46
OMG WELL DONE!! I got an email today for an interview at hertfordshire :biggrin: i have registered but it doesnt display a date for the interview .. i might have to call them tomorrow :/

well done you. so that's two for you now?
I have less than two days to prepare for mine 😫
Reply 92
well done you. so that's two for you now?
I have less than two days to prepare for mine 😫

Where's your interview for?
Best advice I can give is to just read up on current nursing news, the Francis report, the 6 C's and the importance of patient-focused and holistic healthcare :smile: you'll be fine, be yourself and don't panic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's adult nursing.

I have looked up the 6 cs.
and Francis report just finding hard to summarise it lol.

what could I focus on for nursing news. was looking at the new revalidation which started in April this year. what else could I look at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
it's adult nursing.

I have looked up the 6 cs.
and Francis report just finding hard to summarise it lol.

what could I focus on for nursing news. was looking at the new revalidation which started in April this year. what else could I look at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would focus on how you have the qualities needed to be a nurse based on the 6Cs :smile: what university is it for? People might be able to give you better advice based on that. But I would say if you know nursing and you can show how you fit into that you'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
all done X
all done X

Fingers crossed! let us now if they give you an offer :biggrin:
I have an unconditional offer 😀😘
Reply 98
Congrats! What uni is that for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jess_cw
Congrats! What uni is that for?

Posted from TSR Mobile