The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tax lad
Fully understand your frustration. Don't be shy to drop resourcing a polite email. You deserve more than what you've heard but these things either take ages or are done at warp speed, believe me! Your keen interest to progress won't go unnoticed.

Finally got my start date 8th August! Just handed my notice in - feels good!!!
Reply 581
Original post by Echopark88

Well done!!!!! Where do you report to?!?
Original post by Tax lad
Fully understand your frustration. Don't be shy to drop resourcing a polite email. You deserve more than what you've heard but these things either take ages or are done at warp speed, believe me! Your keen interest to progress won't go unnoticed.

Lol. I was told I would receive information about further steps later in the month....that was May. Emailed at the beginning of June, and was told at present there were no further updates. Emailed again last week, received basically the same reply yesterday again. Haven't withdrawn my application yet, but regardless of what may happen, I will never put myself through anything like this again, as long as I may be lucky enough to live! :-)
Original post by Sljca
Well done!!!!! Where do you report to?!?

Albert Bridge House!

And yes, a polite e-mail to CSR does not work. I have a lot of unanswered emails! Hope everyone else here doesn't have to wait too long now
Reply 584

Congrats! Worth the wait.

How did you find out?
Original post by Tax lad
Guys, I work at HMRC and I've been through all the waiting too. Please be patient, don't ever throw the towel in....... The reserve list really does get used!! They don't want to go through recruitment again! Good luck to all of you who have been successful, those who haven't, try again. You have the advantage of knowing what to expect now!

What dept are you in tax lad & how long have you been there?

Can you tell me if your flexi system has core times?
Original post by lawgrad13
How did you find out?

Received an e-mail this morning.
Reply 588
Original post by sw1981
Lol. I was told I would receive information about further steps later in the month....that was May. Emailed at the beginning of June, and was told at present there were no further updates. Emailed again last week, received basically the same reply yesterday again. Haven't withdrawn my application yet, but regardless of what may happen, I will never put myself through anything like this again, as long as I may be lucky enough to live! :-)

It's a bugger there's no doubt about it. Don't hang around though, get yourself applying for other positions using your online scores. I'm sure there'll be something comes up.
Reply 589
Original post by Doll Parts
What dept are you in tax lad & how long have you been there?

Can you tell me if your flexi system has core times?

Hey. I'm in hidden economy department in Newcastle. My flexi has no core times as we can be expected to work out of office hours. Been here a few months, great training course, great colleagues, great line of work too. However I'm unsure if my flexi situation is across the board in all HMRC hidden economy departments.
Original post by Tax lad
Hey. I'm in hidden economy department in Newcastle. My flexi has no core times as we can be expected to work out of office hours. Been here a few months, great training course, great colleagues, great line of work too. However I'm unsure if my flexi situation is across the board in all HMRC hidden economy departments.

Sounds good! Like the sound of Hidden Economy; exciting:smile: So have you done any out of hours stuff yet, or do you have to finish training first? How has your training been structured?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm an existing civil servant and want to make sure it's the right decision.
Original post by Tax lad
It's a bugger there's no doubt about it. Don't hang around though, get yourself applying for other positions using your online scores. I'm sure there'll be something comes up.

Lol. There's not a hope on God's green earth of me applying for anymore positions in all honesty! Lol. Once this status has eventually changed to declined/rejected or whatever they're going to decide to do, that will be it! Lol. I only have my interview scores anyhow....sift is still awaiting review, selection exercise 2 and 3 both still awaiting review too....Lol.
Reply 592
Original post by Doll Parts
Sounds good! Like the sound of Hidden Economy; exciting:smile: So have you done any out of hours stuff yet, or do you have to finish training first? How has your training been structured?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm an existing civil servant and want to make sure it's the right decision.

Don't mind you asking the questions at all. Nine month training programme which you can do mostly at your own pace. A large number of online and training manuals to read which are very important, a number of tutorial days to attend too. Exams on core subjects which you can book in when you feel ready to sit them, as long as they're completed in the training time. Plus, a number of core events which assess your learning throughout. You start to go out and about real quickly with experienced staff in order to get the gist of things. Can't go into too much detail on here obviously, but it's all really good stuff. It's true what they say, this is the department everyone wants to get into. Don't get me wrong, there'll be challenging times and you will in time be expected to perform to a certain standard, but you get all the help you need. Now they've got you, they'll ensure you succeed.
Reply 593
O be
Original post by sw1981
Lol. There's not a hope on God's green earth of me applying for anymore positions in all honesty! Lol. Once this status has eventually changed to declined/rejected or whatever they're going to decide to do, that will be it! Lol. I only have my interview scores anyhow....sift is still awaiting review, selection exercise 2 and 3 both still awaiting review too....Lol.

To be honest, if you've offered yourself to a number of different locations, I would be surprised if you didn't get one offer. All I know is, those who passed the assessment Centre attained with an excellent standard. Recruitment list goes purely on the merit order from their list as and when required to recruit.
Original post by Tax lad
O be

To be honest, if you've offered yourself to a number of different locations, I would be surprised if you didn't get one offer. All I know is, those who passed the assessment Centre attained with an excellent standard. Recruitment list goes purely on the merit order from their list as and when required to recruit.

I scored 555 at my interview, and better than 77% at the online test.That's about all I know really. First choice was Belfast, then Newcastle, and Liverpool. The email I got in mid May asked if I would still be interested in a post in my preferred location were it to become available, "yes" obviously. Then asked if I would consider taking up a post in either Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London. I replied with yes to all locations except London. It said they were in the process of making provisional offers where there was demand, also the further steps later in the month carry-on too, that I'm still waiting to hear about almost 2 months later now. Shambles! Lol. :-)
Reply 595
Original post by sw1981
I scored 555 at my interview, and better than 77% at the online test.That's about all I know really. First choice was Belfast, then Newcastle, and Liverpool. The email I got in mid May asked if I would still be interested in a post in my preferred location were it to become available, "yes" obviously. Then asked if I would consider taking up a post in either Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, or London. I replied with yes to all locations except London. It said they were in the process of making provisional offers where there was demand, also the further steps later in the month carry-on too, that I'm still waiting to hear about almost 2 months later now. Shambles! Lol. :-)

Well, I'm no expert on the resourcing team, but I do know that our intake have not all started yet. The key thing with the civil service sadly is.......patience. I do wish you the best of luck though!
Original post by Tax lad
Well, I'm no expert on the resourcing team, but I do know that our intake have not all started yet. The key thing with the civil service sadly is.......patience. I do wish you the best of luck though!

Patience would not be a strong point of mine I'm afraid! Lol. Not in a situation like this anyhow! I'm not holding out any hope....would just be nice if they would clear the status up, instead of it lingering around every day, for like, forever! :-( Lol.
Reply 597
Original post by sw1981
Patience would not be a strong point of mine I'm afraid! Lol. Not in a situation like this anyhow! I'm not holding out any hope....would just be nice if they would clear the status up, instead of it lingering around every day, for like, forever! :-( Lol.

Ha! I agree it's not good. I heard nothing at all for months and then a conditional offer appeared on the on line account. Nothing via email. They're good but nothing is done in a hurry. 😬
Original post by Tax lad
Ha! I agree it's not good. I heard nothing at all for months and then a conditional offer appeared on the on line account. Nothing via email. They're good but nothing is done in a hurry. 😬

Aye, I had kind of noticed that funnily enough...considering I was interviewed last November! Lol. :-D Placed on reserve in December, and heard absolutely nothing until 12th May there. If a criminal record was going to damage somebody's place, I would imagine they would have said so before now, or dismissed my application, so don't know what to think! Lol
Reply 599
Original post by sw1981
Aye, I had kind of noticed that funnily enough...considering I was interviewed last November! Lol. :-D Placed on reserve in December, and heard absolutely nothing until 12th May there. If a criminal record was going to damage somebody's place, I would imagine they would have said so before now, or dismissed my application, so don't know what to think! Lol

If security clearance was an issue, you would've been rejected long ago.

Latest

Trending

Trending