The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

But yes, let's stop being mean. I was only responding to the guy who made the snobby comment about how other people at CPS interview were dressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A.baller
If people are so thinned skinned that they get upset / anguished over comments made by trolls and keyboard warriors then quite frankly those people will never succeed at the bar, let alone succeed in getting to the bar.

Strap on a pair and stop thinking about what other people say or think. If you care about anything outside of your own head then you have already failed.

Peace out

Don't mistake being a nice person with being 'thin skinned' or getting upset.
2 New Street interviews out
Anyone else had the random rejection from staple inn- with the speal about how they would consider any reapplication afresh and the comments about degree results?
Original post by hsthomas1
Don't mistake being a nice person with being 'thin skinned' or getting upset.

Given that it's quite clear that people are getting upset it is blindingly obvious that they are thin skinned and that you are mistaken.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2705
Any news on what the CPS case study is all about? PM me. Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by A.baller
Given that it's quite clear that people are getting upset it is blindingly obvious that they are thinned skinned and that you are mistaken.

Lmao!
Reply 2707
Original post by LegalCat
Sorry we were asked to keep it confidential. Just do what they asked you to do in advance and you will be fine!

So basically just review the prosecutor's code?
Original post by shestheone
Anyone else had the random rejection from staple inn- with the speal about how they would consider any reapplication afresh and the comments about degree results?

Nope, but not heard either way. What did they say about degree results?

I'm still waiting to hear from Staple Inn. What exactly did they say in the random message? thanks

I'm sorry about your rejection. At least it's a positive that you know next time round applying (if that applies) your application is taken at face value. Sorry to be a pest but could I please ask what time you got this email? Was it personalised to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Staple inn

"Thank you for your application for pupillage at Staple Inn. Unfortunately I have to tell you that, on this occasion, you have not been successful. I wish you well in your search for pupillage. If it assists, if you have still not obtained pupillage by the time we next advertise I would be more than happy to consider an application afresh.If it assists I can say that Staple Inn, as a chambers, is always willing to take into account extenuating circumstances in relation to exam or degree results that may put a candidate at an initial disadvantage. However if there is no indication at all as to what those circumstances are it is difficult to form a view and a pupillage secretary is simply left with a result and an assertion. I would not expect full details but some indication as to those circumstances would help us to look beyond the result."

I would assume all applications are taken on face value anyway...

Not that it matters to my application ...But I don't have any random relevant degree results. I have a solid 2:1 and VC.

Onwards and upwards!
New Court interviews out around 3pm ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SIE2013
New Court interviews out around 3pm ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm I am yet to hear either way, wondering if they may be doing it in batches? Could you tell me the date/dates of interview?
Bumpety bump - anyone have any info on response time/date for Atlantic First Round?!
Reply 2715
2HB second rounds probably out tomorrow.
Reply 2716
Original post by Lawatoxbridge
Hmm I am yet to hear either way, wondering if they may be doing it in batches? Could you tell me the date/dates of interview?

I've not heard either way either, fingers crossed for batches!
Original post by LawMe
I've not heard either way either, fingers crossed for batches!

I've just got the unsuccessful, hope you have had better luck than me!

Also for anyone who has applied, 4 Brick Court emailed me today to ask for my BPTC results ASAP (due to the glitch in the system), so I imagine they are currently making decisions and we should (fingers crossed!) let us know soon.

16th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2719
I've just got the unsuccessful, hope you have had better luck than me!.

Thanks but I just got the unsuccessful too! Ah well, commiserations to you and on to the next one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending