The Student Room Group

Anti-refugee people: Would you rather have a Syrian die than come to the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
Like mentioned by Trapz99... We can take in a few refugees but does it deal with the actual issue? No.

The reality is that there has to be an invasion and occupation of Syria with an International UN force/NATO-led for a considerable period of time.

It is obvious that neither Assad or the rebel groups have the mandate or the organisation to provide stability to the area and the refugee situation will continue unless the above is done.

Unfortunately, the Iraq war and the left have polluted the minds of the British public so no Government is willing to do the right thing.

I completely agree.
We are bombing Syria so surely we should have the decency to accept these vulnerable people!! If we didn't bomb them then yes you can argue that other countries should take that responsibility that are bombing them but we decided to get involved!!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MildredMalone
Yes tbh. People die all over the world, especially in places ripe with a culture which is incompatible with our own. They'll never stop killing each other over there, they're the last people we should be bringing in.

I respect that you are honest about your view and I agree to an extent. But why shouldn't we be using a irstrikes on ISIS? We need to stop ISIS and making Syria a safer place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kryptonian
We are bombing Syria so surely we should have the decency to accept these vulnerable people!! If we didn't bomb them then yes other countries should take that responsibility that are bombing them to accept the regugees who will inevitably flee the country.

We are bombing ISIS, not innocent Syrians. The best way to stop this problem is by destroying ISIS and then sorting out the other problem of Assad.
Original post by Themini
Am I a moron? 10/10 for making yourself look stupid. Quite clearly you don't even have a basic historical knowledge of British involvement in the ME and history of regional puppetry- only Daily Mail articles. If you don't like liberalism you're welcome to go to Iraq or Syria you'll share a lot with the ISIS lot. Why should Saudi Arabia or Bahrain have to take any refugees in? They're not the ones who created this mess. Russia has made a bigger dent into ISIS than us or the US who are busy dropping entire apartment blocks using "surgical warfare" through drones; creating more recruits for ISIS.

Maybe, you need to stop listening to your left wing propaganda.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar are well known to be the main sources of funding for the Islamic extremists in Syria.
Original post by Themini
Am I a moron? 10/10 for making yourself look stupid.

The only person you made to look stupid is yourself, displaying your ignorance for all to see.
Original post by Themini

Quite clearly you don't even have a basic historical knowledge of British involvement in the ME and history of regional puppetry- only Daily Mail articles.

Typical moronic left-wing argument that everyone that disagrees with the liberal narrative must be a daily mail sun worshipping racist. Give me a break, I've heard it all before, and I have more knowledge about geo-politics than you ever will so don't delude your self you troll.

Original post by Themini

If you don't like liberalism you're welcome to go to Iraq or Syria you'll share a lot with the ISIS lot.

This statement made absolutely No sense. Not as if you've made any today but this one is a really conspicuous display of your stupidity.

Original post by Themini

Why should Saudi Arabia or Bahrain have to take any refugees in? They're not the ones who created this mess.

I'll give you 3.

They are neighbouring countries so the distance to Europe is much shorter than the distance to get to Saudi Arabia from Syria.

They share a similar culture, so the people wouldn't feel like their country is changing rapidly by seeing an influx of refugees.

Saudi Arabia has millions of well conditioned tents for people who migrate there for religious purposes and could house a lot of migrants easily.

Maybe, you need to stop listening to your left wing propaganda.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar are well known to be the main sources of funding for the Islamic extremists in Syria.

How laughable. Implying the left are ignorant.I'm well aware of Saudi funding ISIS. But perhaps you should reconsider why it is that we consider them our greatest allies...including the US and Israel who both support and consider Saudi Arabia their allies.
Original post by Playmaker#10
Are you a moron? So you're saying that the United Kingdom should take in Millions of refugees because we are trying to destroy a terrorist group that kills more people than any air-strike the US has ever dropped?

And it's funny how you mentioned Sweden, when they haven't dropped any air-strike at all, but are still forced into taking in refugees because of their stupid liberalism.

And Russia the nation that has caused the most damage on the ground, how many refugees have they taken in? Why don't you point fingers at them the way you do at the US and the UK? Because they aren't a country infected with this poison of liberalism.

And I specifically mentioned Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, countries with similar cultures that insult the west for not taking in refugees, when they themselves have taken in zero.

Add UAE and Qatar to that list.

Spot on. Wish I could rep this more.

In comparison to European countries, UEA, Qatar and Bahrain have taken next to nothing in terms of refugees. Perhaps its because they don't provide social security payments like the UK, Germany and Sweden?

There's a current theory that a lot of the migrants are coming to European countries for hijra- Colonising in the name of Islam. Considering there was a refugee building burnt by a "refugee" just because they weren't woken up for Ramadan, I don't blame people for thinking that the theory's right.
Original post by Playmaker#10
The only person you made to look stupid is yourself, displaying your ignorance for all to see.

Typical moronic left-wing argument that everyone that disagrees with the liberal narrative must be a daily mail sun worshipping racist. Give me a break, I've heard it all before, and I have more knowledge about geo-politics than you ever will so don't delude your self you troll.

This statement made absolutely No sense. Not as if you've made any today but this one is a really conspicuous display of your stupidity.

I'll give you 3.

They are neighbouring countries so the distance to Europe is much shorter than the distance to get to Saudi Arabia from Syria.

They share a similar culture, so the people wouldn't feel like their country is changing rapidly by seeing an influx of refugees.

Saudi Arabia has millions of well conditioned tents for people who migrate there for religious purposes and could house a lot of migrants easily.

You've won me over with your argument. They're close, arabs and have room. Okay thanks got it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Themini
How laughable. Implying the left are ignorant.I'm well aware of Saudi funding ISIS. But perhaps you should reconsider why it is that we consider them our greatest allies...including the US and Israel who both support and consider Saudi Arabia their allies.

So then Saudi Arabia are part of the cause then. So you are just lying then.
Original post by Trapz99
We are bombing ISIS, not innocent Syrians. The best way to stop this problem is by destroying ISIS and then sorting out the other problem of Assad.

Yes but as with any war INNOCENT people will inevitably die and suffer the effects.
Original post by Kryptonian
Yes but as with any war INNOCENT people will inevitably die and suffer the effects.

Any collateral damage isn't our fault.
Reply 32
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

There's a current theory that a lot of the migrants are coming to European countries for hijra- Colonising in the name of Islam. Considering there was a refugee building burnt by a "refugee" just because they weren't woken up for Ramadan, I don't blame people for thinking that the theory's right.

Lmao good thing you put the Arabic definition of that word otherwise I would've assumed you meant the Hindi/Urdu definition of the word "hijra" :teehee:

:lol:
So then Saudi Arabia are part of the cause then. So you are just lying then.

Saudi Arabia didn't destroy Iraq to pieces, create a power vacuum and arm fundamentalist militias and allow Islamic terrorism to thrive in an area where it hadn't existed before. Saudi Arabia didn't arm ISIS before they became ISIS. I'm sorry but Saudi Arabia didn't go around selling as many arms as possible to militia groups and governments in the ME for their own economic gain. They didn't create the systematic turmoil and the uprising. Saudi Arabia didn't support the puppet regimes or prop up dictators. That would be us and our red neck cousins from across the pond.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Why don't we just prevent the Fcking air strikes
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Spot on. Wish I could rep this more.

In comparison to European countries, UEA, Qatar and Bahrain have taken next to nothing in terms of refugees. Perhaps its because they don't provide social security payments like the UK, Germany and Sweden?

Well UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are members of OPEC and they are notoriously know to not give welfare to people who aren't nationals.

And tbh maybe you're right about the hijra and maybe you're wrong, I personally want to help families, a father and a wife with children genuinely fleeing war, I honestly doubt these kind of people would be trying to colonise the UK.
Original post by Themini
You've won me over with your argument. They're close, arabs and have room. Okay thanks got it.

Great.

I urge you to read more into the crisis as it's not an easy discussion.
Original post by Themini
Saudi Arabia didn't destroy Iraq to pieces, create a power vacuum and arm fundamentalist militias and allow Islamic terrorism to thrive in an area where it hadn't existed before. Saudi Arabia didn't arm ISIS before they became ISIS. I'm sorry but Saudi Arabia didn't go around selling as many arms as possible to militia groups and governments in the ME for their own economic gain. They didn't create the systematic turmoil and the uprising. Saudi Arabia didn't support the puppet regimes or prop up dictators.

Yawn. Bring up Iraq when we are talking about Syria.

That shows the entire moral vacuum that people like you have.

You have no defense of Saudi Actions at the moment in Iraq so you want to bring up events from 10 years ago.

The Saudi's are arming and funding murderous extremist groups now and are direct cause of the continuing issues in Syria.
This is the type of the Isolationist *******s that has led to this situation.

Every year, we are going to have more refugees flooding the borders and eventually reaching the UK, unless effective action is taken.

Which is why every country needs better border controls.
Original post by Trapz99
Any collateral damage isn't our fault.

I'm saying then surely we have a responsibility to help them , either by accepting them into our country or maybe spending money to help support the vulnerable people that are fleeing. I understand you won't change your view but you need to look at it from a humanitarian perspective. Are you suggesting we just bomb the country and contribute to the loss of innocent lives and then refuse to do anything to support these innocent, vulnerable people?? I am not saying you hold this view but i hope you see my point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending