The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protoxylic
Bloody hell, stop looking at boundaries and over-analysing your exams and get on with enjoying your summer

I am enjoying my summer. But i still think about soem of my exams and possible grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bloody hell, stop looking at boundaries and over-analysing your exams and get on with enjoying your summer

Perhaps we enjoy looking at boundaries and analysing exams
Original post by Mathemagicien
I got correct answers, with some working, but I would not put it past myself to have put too little working to warrant many marks, or miss out a few things here and there, and it was all quite messy

Plus you and Zacken are making me doubt myself, since I know you guys are both unhappy with your own STEP results, and you are both very good mathematicians afaik :redface:

Maybe cause we wanted S grades. You are probably better then me anyway.

You have a fair point but it's kinda easy to say that when it's not you in their place :dontknow:
Original post by tinkerbella~
You have a fair point but it's kinda easy to say that when it's not you in their place :dontknow:

I was in your position last year and I know it's hard, but sometimes you just need somebody to tell you that you're all being ridiculous :tongue:
Original post by tinkerbella~

How were exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was in your position last year and I know it's hard, but sometimes you just need somebody to tell you that you're all being ridiculous :tongue:

Kinda like I was in the same position as the Y12s last year, yet I've already completely forgotten how much my AS results meant to me at the time and thought upon multiple occasions that they need to just get a grip.

Ridiculous or not, it's their choice. Maybe some people cope better that way, idk
Original post by physicsmaths
How were exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did good in the unimportant ones, bad in the important ones. You?
I know, but he's always making jokes like that, he needs to forget about STEP and enjoy the summer

Totally agree. He's either screwed up and missed his offer, or too humble so he can seem better on results day. Either way, no point to continue being depressed about an exam weeks after it. And it's even more pointless to give constant remarks about it on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Maybe cause we wanted S grades. You are probably better then me anyway.

And I've always been of the impression that you'd both easily get S grades. You also both know more about STEP and mark allocations than I do. And I doubt I'm better at STEP, hence my concern :tongue:
Original post by Insight314
Totally agree. He's either screwed up and missed his offer, or too humble so he can seem better on results day. Either way, no point to continue being depressed about an exam weeks after it. And it's even more pointless to give constant remarks about it on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I normally approve of humility (and I would say that I like to think that I'm also overly humble, but that sounds uncomfortably boastful), but in this case it is making me nervous :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^Bit too rude innit ? Everyone has their concern. And it's their right what to say.

Gd luck on prom

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
And I've always been of the impression that you'd both easily get S grades. You also both know more about STEP and mark allocations than I do. And I doubt I'm better at STEP, hence my concern :tongue:

Duno, wasn't good enough tbh ain't THAT bothered just annoyed more then anything, was a fun set of problems in II this year I think. Will work on my exam practice more if i get into the tripos. Need to get quicker I think, not too fussed about my problem solving ability as such.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would have done the same mate, I know that for a fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You would have done the same mate, I know that for a fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What does this have to do with anything? I am replying to Mathemagicien, agreeing with him how annoying it is getting, and psychoanalysing what goes through Zacken's mind. I listed two reasons for Zacken's behaviour and yet your comment does not argue against them even a bit.

And, no, I wouldn't be humble and depressed about my results just so I look better on results day. And even if I had really screwed up, I would've stopped complaining by at most a week after the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Duke Glacia
^^Bit too rude innit ? Everyone has their concern. And it's their right what to say.

Gd luck on prom

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is so rude about it? I am just stating the obvious. Isn't it my right to state the obvious as well? I never said Zacken shouldn't continue posting about his alleged miss of his offer.

Thanks m8. My prom is on 11th July. Can't wait to meet up with my Year 11 lads, haven't seen them ever since they had their History exam, two weeks before my last exam. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love beef
Original post by EnglishMuon
Nah don't worry, you must know if you've got what needed by now :smile: I just keep thinking "what of I've miscounted?" Or something. I just hope they can read my writing!

Lol, I'm troubled about my handwriting too. I keep going over my work trying to figure out how much my partials are worth, because that's what's going to push me through the 1/2 ceiling or keep me under it in III. I made stupid mistakes like trying to use a = dv/dt and then v = dx/dt instead of directly using a = vdv/dx even though I've done that a million times in practice papers, so I couldn't integrate the last bit. So Idk how generous/firm they'll be with me.

Original post by Zacken
Mine is more just:"Hmm, what questions did I do in STEP II again? Oh wait nvm rather slit my wrists"

Same, except for III. I really don't want to take a gap year, but I'll have to if Cam doesn't happen.

Original post by felecita
I have a spreadsheet showing what UMS my scores would get me in C3 and C4 every year from whenever the A* was introduced, then some nice little conditional highlighting to bring back Y8 IT days and see if I made the A*. So far it's yes 6-4 no. Both my firm and insurance currently depend on about 3 UMS.None of my friends/teachers/anybody understand either, they think I'm just making a big deal out of it. I'm about to lose it with the people who constantly go "oh don't worry, you'll get the A* easily!" I know they mean well but it's really the complete opposite of what I want to hear right now.I just wish results weren't so far away, I could find a way to deal with failing but it's the uncertainty and waiting I can't cope with.

Oh my god, that's exactly what's happening to me with STEP. Every time I tell someone it went okayish they're just like your okay means great, and while they do mean well, I really want to tell them that okay means just that. Okay. It doesn't mean great it doesn't mean awesome. It just means okay. And yeah the wait makes it worse. How I wish I could know the results by late July-early August. The uncertainty just eats away at you from the inside.

I do agree. Thanks :tongue: How I wish someone giving me a good tell-down could jolt me out of this. I agree that it's really silly and there's nothing I can do that can change what's on the answer sheet, but we aren't all completely rational people are we? Many of us just can't help but let worry gnaw away at us
Original post by StrangeBanana
I love beef

Prime cuts.
Original post by krishdesai7

I do agree. Thanks :tongue: How I wish someone giving me a good tell-down could jolt me out of this. I agree that it's really silly and there's nothing I can do that can change what's on the answer sheet, but we aren't all completely rational people are we? Many of us just can't help but let worry gnaw away at us

Just don't let it eat away at you too much :tongue:
How's that going?

Er I made one candle

Latest

Trending

Trending