The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Is anyone studying BA illustration September 2016?

If you are please leave a comment. Would be nice to see who else enjoys illustration. 🙂
Hey! I'm planning to study Illustration at Portsmouth - nice to meet you. :smile:
Where have you applied?
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello 🙂 Ive applied to UEL. It's also nice to meet you.
:smile:

I haven't met many people doing illustration on here.
Reply 4
Me either 🙁 thats why I started this thread. So we can meet other illustration students that are starting this September 🙂 Are you coming to uni from college or have you just finished school? 🙂
:/ Do you think few people pick it as a subject or just that not many people come on here?

From college. :smile: You?
Reply 6
I don't think illustration is a popular subject. On my uni chat there are more people doing psychology than an art subject. I also don't think those that are studying illustration this year have found this site yet. :/

I came from college too. What did you study?
Original post by Elle-watts
I don't think illustration is a popular subject. On my uni chat there are more people doing psychology than an art subject. I also don't think those that are studying illustration this year have found this site yet. :/

I came from college too. What did you study?

I have to admit, at our college I think there were only twelve of us (out of about one hundred) applying for arts/music based subjects. I was the only one doing illustration.
Well, at least that will probably mean small classes; which is a good thing, for me at least.
We might get a couple of later stumblers. You never know.

Design Tech (Resistant Materials), English Literature, Fine Art as well as Science and food and Nutrition. What about you?
Reply 8
Wow! We've had similar situations then, I was the only one in my class that applied for illustration too. I've just finished studying digital media foundation. That might happen have a few late starters.
Wow! We've had similar situations then, I was the only one in my class that applied for illustration too. I've just finished studying digital media foundation. That might happen have a few late starters.

Do you know anyone going to the same uni as you?

Huh. That sounds pretty cool, I didn't even know digital media foundation was a thing.

Maybe, maybe not.
Reply 10
I only know one person that's going to the same uni as me, do you?
Yeah there's digital media classes from level 2-foundation :smile: do you live in Portsmouth or are you moving to halls in Portsmouth?
I've met someone on here but other than her, no.

Ooh, that's cool. :smile:
No, I live about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, away by car so I've applied to move into the halls there - hopefully I'll get a place! :smile:

Do you live near UEL or have you applied for halls or private accomodation?
Reply 12
Cool :smile: fingers crossed that you get a room at the halls 👌🏻
I do live about 45mins away from UEL so there's no need for me to move into halls as I can easily travel to the uni. 🙂
Do you have any social media like Facebook or Instagram? Would be cool to be friends with you especially as your studying illustration too. 👍
Cool :smile: fingers crossed that you get a room at the halls 👌🏻
I do live about 45mins away from UEL so there's no need for me to move into halls as I can easily travel to the uni. 🙂
Do you have any social media like Facebook or Instagram? Would be cool to be friends with you especially as your studying illustration too. 👍

Thanks! ^.^

Well, that's pretty handy!

I have Facebook - which I use pretty much only for messenger - but not Instagram. Two ticks and I'll pop you a link via private message.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending