The Student Room Group

What food should i buy for "breakfast" for dofe?

Scroll to see replies

Porridge would have done me. You cna get it in sachets or those cartons where you just add hot water or milk. Ideal carbs.
How many days is this?
Reply 21
Original post by Andy98
Whatty what what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pancakes, mini ones, i can eat on the go, also why did this thread get moved to fashion and beauty? xD
I'm not like wearing pancakes or anything xD
Original post by jamestg
Croissants, pancakes, muffins etc are really good because if you're in a hurry to get going you can easily eat and walk at the same time.

Sounds good :smile: this time i got pancakes
Original post by 999tigger
Porridge would have done me. You cna get it in sachets or those cartons where you just add hot water or milk. Ideal carbs.
How many days is this?

Meh i don't want midges to lick the porridge before i eat it so yea... also this is 4 days 3 nights camping wild

meh tried that, last time didn't go well
Reply 22
Original post by dskinner
Pancakes, mini ones, i can eat on the go, also why did this thread get moved to fashion and beauty? xD
I'm not like wearing pancakes or anything xD

Ohhh ok

No clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by Andy98

well it's all bought i hope 2 bag of haribo's 2 packets big packets of these individually packed cereal bars and my 2 bag of fox fruity glacier mints r ok for 4 days and 3 nights as snacks then i got like a sandwich for each day spreading that chocolate spread on thick xD and 5 meals for each night(i said 3 nights but 1 for the day we set camp on friday which isn't part of dofe and 2 for the day which i'm feeling outta energy so that i can survive haha)
Geewy cheewy flapjacks were my fave on all my DofEs
Reply 25
well it's all bought i hope 2 bag of haribo's 2 packets big packets of these individually packed cereal bars and my 2 bag of fox fruity glacier mints r ok for 4 days and 3 nights as snacks then i got like a sandwich for each day spreading that chocolate spread on thick xD and 5 meals for each night(i said 3 nights but 1 for the day we set camp on friday which isn't part of dofe and 2 for the day which i'm feeling outta energy so that i can survive haha)

Jeez, certainly not eating much are you?
Reply 26
Original post by Andy98
Jeez, certainly not eating much are you?

is it not much?? o.o

hmmm oh well i won't die.

I mean on the practise i walked like 20+ k each day and it turned out we had the wrong route and i didn't have lunch so i was dying then but i was still ok and recovered well and here i am tying a response to you ^-^ so this time won't be so bad but boyis my midgey repellant super strong xD
I sound very picky but i can't stand it and i didn't mention but something i don't need to cook just open that packet or whatever and just eat

What are those?

I hated porridge then found Readybrek! That's so tasty and smooth not one lump. I add chocolate power to make it even yummy. Hot milk and it's a nice runny sweet paste but milky & fulfilling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by SMEGGGY
I hated porridge then found Readybrek! That's so tasty and smooth not one lump. I add chocolate power to make it even yummy. Hot milk and it's a nice runny sweet paste but milky & fulfilling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah i guess that wouldn't have been a bad idea on the bronze or silver but this gold man, the midges will lick it before i do
Excludes cereal bard because of the little grainy annoying bits which go everywhere if it flakes off+it's way too dry.

Any suggestions? I have to carry all my rubbish with me until the end so keep that in mind.

Can you not just eat high protein cereal bars?
Reply 30
dunno i hate cereal bars because they're soooooo dry, i'm sure i'll be ok with me 8 pancakes each morning
dunno i hate cereal bars because they're soooooo dry, i'm sure i'll be ok with me 8 pancakes each morning

How long are you doing it for? If it's less than a week surely you can manage and it would save space for other stuff too?
Reply 32
4 days 3 nights

manage for some cereal bars?
4 days 3 nights

manage for some cereal bars?

Assuming your lunch and dinner is something more substantial yeah? Tbf I don't know how the meals when you're doing DofE work, I'm just going off what worked best for me when I'd been on field trips all day
My mum just bought me this huge bag of Pain au Chocolat and I basically ate them for breakfast, lunch and snacks (had Pot Noodle for dinner though thankfully). Some people bought boxes of cereal and just ate them straight out of the box but I thought that was a bit weird...
Reply 35
Dofe tomorrow, starts on saturday till tuesday
Original post by smartalan73
My mum just bought me this huge bag of Pain au Chocolat and I basically ate them for breakfast, lunch and snacks (had Pot Noodle for dinner though thankfully). Some people bought boxes of cereal and just ate them straight out of the box but I thought that was a bit weird...

pot noodle for dofe is the death of you, because it has barely any nutritional value
When I go out on hikes I take porridge. You can buy the rolled oats which are really light to carry. It's really easy to prepare and sets you up for a day of walking.

I take a tube of Galaxy chocolate sauce. It's basically Nutella in a Galaxy tube (almost like a toothpaste tube). I put a good squeeze of that in the porridge and it makes it taste quite nice. The sugar also helps you to kick start the day. :smile:

Happy hiking!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wayfarers do a great all day breakfast which can be eaten hot or cold it's great. Can be slightly heavy though. Also porridge is a good suggestion anything will taste good on DofE as long as it is warm
(edited 7 years ago)

pot noodle for dofe is the death of you, because it has barely any nutritional value

well this was only bronze so it was only one day i had pot noodles. plus my friend had enough supernoodles to feed a family so he gave me some of his too. there was generally quite a lot of food sharing in our d of e actually, some people bought stupid amounts of food.
Reply 39
Original post by smartalan73
well this was only bronze so it was only one day i had pot noodles. plus my friend had enough supernoodles to feed a family so he gave me some of his too. there was generally quite a lot of food sharing in our d of e actually, some people bought stupid amounts of food.

haha bronze is ok anything higher than that it's not good

Quick Reply

Latest