The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Really? don't remember you mentioning that tbh. I guess money will be tight next year then?

Yeah, this was never long term which is why I didn't mind the nepotism :tongue:

I'm gonna go from a £39k banker to a £0k student :frown:
I'll have about £16k saved though so I think I'll be alright for a year.
@Rk2k14 Thoughts on UFC 200 being cancelled?

Jones being pulled from the card affects the depth of the card probably more than the buy rate. Arguably one of the best but he's not someone with cross-promotional appeal really, everyone's heard of him but he doesn't scream megastar like Conor, Ronda or Brock. Lesnar deal looking like a shrewd move now though. UFC twitter is absolute amateur though, still got Jones vs Cormier II in their handle description.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Right, opinions welcome on this

I'm due to be made redundant in October and my severance is 5.5k. If I wait, I can also do 40hrs overtime a month at 1.5x hourly rate.

Would you wait for this and save up or just say **** it and go find a new job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah wtf man, is everyone just getting shafted over at this point? I lost my job in January and have not found a job since. I just feel like I am getting nowhere. Plenty of final interviews but they just keep rejecting my application.
Original post by James.Carnell
Ah wtf man, is everyone just getting shafted over at this point? I lost my job in January and have not found a job since. I just feel like I am getting nowhere. Plenty of final interviews but they just keep rejecting my application.

Because TSR rep gems aren't a proper qualification
Because TSR rep gems aren't a proper qualification

But he's a mod... He is privileged. Sr90 and Luke are big bankers.
Reply 6546

Not into UFC that much so doesn't really affect me.
Looks like this 'Sports Weekend' is turning to ****:biggrin:

At least there's Lesnar getting KTFO

On Jones, even I know how much of a superstar he is on the UFC scale. People will certainly be disappointed not to see him fight again, especially since he's just coming back.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90

I'm due to be made redundant in October and my severance is 5.5k. If I wait, I can also do 40hrs overtime a month at 1.5x hourly rate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't you look for a new job while working in your current one? Bin it if you land a job you really want and the start date is before October.

I'd wait it out until October, then take an extended break until the New Year.*
Original post by Yaboy Mugabe
lmfao at you being a mod wtf

how times have changed.

rekt
Original post by Yaboy Mugabe
Boys, was my degree basically pointless if i didn't land a grad scheme?

Is this the Yaboy?*

As for your question, a bit. But you should be proud of your degree.*
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Jones being pulled from the card affects the depth of the card probably more than the buy rate. Arguably one of the best but he's not someone with cross-promotional appeal really, everyone's heard of him but he doesn't scream megastar like Conor, Ronda or Brock. Lesnar deal looking like a shrewd move now though. UFC twitter is absolute amateur though, still got Jones vs Cormier II in their handle description.

I didn't ask you.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's 3 months? Start looking for new jobs and just tell them you have a 3 month notice period so you'd be able to start in October.
How much more useful is a first compared to a 2:1?
Original post by The Wavefunction

Quite useful, depending on what subject you studied.

Then again, jobs today depend not on skills really but nepotism , class and race.
Quite useful, depending on what subject you studied.

Then again, jobs today depend not on skills really but nepotism , class and race.

Bitter much?

First and 2:1 difference matters little unless you're planning on going into academia.
(edited 7 years ago)
Want a first and then do a PhD at Oxbridge. That's this weeks goals, could very well change but certainly think I'm starting to settle into a set path.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Bitter much?

First and 2:1 matters little unless you're planning on going into academia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Umm, I have a reason to be bitter because of discrimination laws being of no use at all. UK employees in general have less rights than Chinese employees in China (I am not even joking)... it's even worse when you are a minority.

First and 2.1 matters if you are going into fields like Law and Banking.

You know, I am not anti-Brexit as I think the EU is a horrible institution.

Yet, that majority that voted for Brexit is full of people that would pick a white Brit rather than anyone perceived as foreign in any way, even if the white Brit is inferior in aptitude/experience. And many people are fine with that. I had a guy picked ahead of me for a job, he had a 3rd class degree and no experience.

People in the world see the UK as even more racist than the likes of the USA now, and thats ****ing hilarious because as a minority I was tired of the holier than thou rhetoric. You have idiots like Jimmy Seville going around and 'bashing pakis' because "we voted out".

Frankly, I am pretty happy that it has come out like this, because I was tired of the gaslighting and people saying "oh we aren't a racist country". Well, looking at several websites, i beg to differ.

http://www.istreetwatch.co.uk/reports/timeline?page=1
Original post by The Wavefunction

Doesn't matter one bit when applying for grad jobs. Except maybe if all else was equal between two candidates and it came down to degree class.
streak vs career

Are you J Cole? pls confirm.
Umm, I have a reason to be bitter because of discrimination laws being of no use at all. UK employees in general have less rights than Chinese employees in China (I am not even joking)... it's even worse when you are a minority.

First and 2.1 matters if you are going into fields like Law and Banking.

You know, I am not anti-Brexit as I think the EU is a horrible institution.

Yet, that majority that voted for Brexit is full of people that would pick a white Brit rather than anyone perceived as foreign in any way, even if the white Brit is inferior in aptitude/experience. And many people are fine with that. I had a guy picked ahead of me for a job, he had a 3rd class degree and no experience.

People in the world see the UK as even more racist than the likes of the USA now, and thats ****ing hilarious because as a minority I was tired of the holier than thou rhetoric. You have idiots like Jimmy Seville going around and 'bashing pakis' because "we voted out".

Frankly, I am pretty happy that it has come out like this, because I was tired of the gaslighting and people saying "oh we aren't a racist country". Well, looking at several websites, i beg to differ.

http://www.istreetwatch.co.uk/reports/timeline?page=1

I was joking. Sorry for your situation btw, and I agree with most of your points. Sometimes discrimination works in your way I guess (if they got quotas to fill) but on the whole they're right.

Does anyone here have experience with anyone leaving med/dentistry as a BSc after 3 years and moving into finance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest