The Student Room Group

I'm a somali, muslim, female: AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tangledinthemist
Im sorry if that cuased any confusion but i read somewhere that they share a specific gene with people from egypt and/ yemen. Also the acient trade routes within somalia through to neighbouring arab nations meant that some ppl married into those ethnicities and thus their children were of arab descent (esp yemen). despite that, i know that somalis are known for marrying within their culture and thats what makes them so unique. again i apologise if that was misinformation but it was something i read (think it was on wiki i'll try find the link) and even then i wasnt completely convinced of it hence why i put it in brackets and used the word "apparently" before it hinting my doubts. However whether it is completely accurate or not, i was using it to present a point and did not intend to claim it as fact nor to cause offence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ignore him everyone has genes found in every other race.
No its alright feel free, i dont mind at all. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha thanks.

I'll ask you another question: What has been the most challenging thing that you've faced so far relating to race / religion / gender? (If that's not too personal a question).

Lol @ the pirate comment in your OP btw
Somalis in general are very respectful and religious people who love their religion dearly. Somalis tend to also be close with most of them being related. Most Somalis in my opinion respect and show love to everyone, especially the arabs, as there is a believe within the community that they are the people of the Prophet (pbuh) and thus should be respected. However, I see that nowadays there is a reputation of Arabs going on in the Somali community and the case being that the Somalis are starting to think negatively of Arabs. Lets take Yemen for example; when Somalia was peaceful and the Yemens wanted to come to Somalia they had been welcomed with open arms, however when we needed them back when the civil war was starting they allowed the people to drown with no sympathy what so ever. Currently Yemen is going through some war and they have fled to Somalia, and the Somalis even though poor have welcomed them again with open arms even though when we needed them they raped, beat and killed us. In addition to this Egypt with Libya, recently have brutally beat and illegally harvested organs from Somalis trying to find better lives for eachother. In Saudi Arabia Somalis are treater worse than unwanted pests. So my question is to the Somalis is when are you going to open your eyes and realise that Arabs are no brothers but rather enemies to us?
Original post by simba and mufasa
Somalis in general are very respectful and religious people who love their religion dearly. Somalis tend to also be close with most of them being related. Most Somalis in my opinion respect and show love to everyone, especially the arabs, as there is a believe within the community that they are the people of the Prophet (pbuh) and thus should be respected. However, I see that nowadays there is a reputation of Arabs going on in the Somali community and the case being that the Somalis are starting to think negatively of Arabs. Lets take Yemen for example; when Somalia was peaceful and the Yemens wanted to come to Somalia they had been welcomed with open arms, however when we needed them back when the civil war was starting they allowed the people to drown with no sympathy what so ever. Currently Yemen is going through some war and they have fled to Somalia, and the Somalis even though poor have welcomed them again with open arms even though when we needed them they raped, beat and killed us. In addition to this Egypt with Libya, recently have brutally beat and illegally harvested organs from Somalis trying to find better lives for eachother. In Saudi Arabia Somalis are treater worse than unwanted pests. So my question is to the Somalis is when are you going to open your eyes and realise that Arabs are no brothers but rather enemies to us?

This is a very old thread. Perhaps you should consider making a new thread?

Your post is very interesting though. :smile:
We should start a petition for getting out of the Arab league.

PS: This is politics and would never discriminate aginst anybody.
Original post by Legendary Quest
This is a very old thread. Perhaps you should consider making a new thread?

Your post is very interesting though. :smile:

Thanks, I would start new post if I new how loool
Thanks, I would start new post if I new how loool

At the top of this page you are on, you should find a bright orange tab that says 'start new discussion'. Click it. :smile:
thanks, will do :smile:
Original post by Legendary Quest
At the top of this page you are on, you should find a bright orange tab that says 'start new discussion'. Click it. :smile:
We should start a petition for getting out of the Arab league.

PS: This is politics and would never discriminate aginst anybody.

So you are advocating for a Somexit :teehee:
Looool yeh. I have started a new discussion . Should Somalia leave the Arab league?? Post your opinion there.
Do you consider shia's to be muslims?
ask me anything, i'll try my best to answer

Spoiler

Somalian boys all grow up to become pirates, but what do somali girls grow up to be?
ask me anything, i'll try my best to answer

Spoiler

Do you have amy arab friends?

Quick Reply

Latest