The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Well if we're posting awesome Matt Hardy creations:

What a sad song... hey... wait a minute...
Reply 5101
Patriotic episodes of RAW are always dire - and, this week was no exception.

I get that kids and silliness is a massive part of the WWE audience, but it undermines the fierceness and severity of the action we do see if it's relied upon too much.

The food fight was a farce, and really undermined the Vaudevillians, who have gone from looking like genuine contenders a month ago to creative limbo. Why are they losing to The Golden Truth?

The multi-man tag team match just made absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I'd like Rusev/Titus' feud to be deeper than just patriotism.

At least Enzo and Cass will be elevated by working with Cena. They looked great on Monday night, and a programme with The Club can only benefit both teams in truth.*

I'm not keen on The Miz taking so many clean losses, I must admit. He's enjoyed a good couple of months, but feeding him to Ambrose will do him little favours.
Haven't read the results since MITB, some one get me up to date?
Original post by Mackay
Patriotic episodes of RAW are always dire - and, this week was no exception.

I get that kids and silliness is a massive part of the WWE audience, but it undermines the fierceness and severity of the action we do see if it's relied upon too much.

The food fight was a farce, and really undermined the Vaudevillians, who have gone from looking like genuine contenders a month ago to creative limbo. Why are they losing to The Golden Truth?

The multi-man tag team match just made absolutely no sense whatsoever, and I'd like Rusev/Titus' feud to be deeper than just patriotism.

At least Enzo and Cass will be elevated by working with Cena. They looked great on Monday night, and a programme with The Club can only benefit both teams in truth.*

I'm not keen on The Miz taking so many clean losses, I must admit. He's enjoyed a good couple of months, but feeding him to Ambrose will do him little favours.

Completely agree with you on all of this.

It seems that WWE are just looking to waste time before the brand split.
Original post by AR_95
Haven't read the results since MITB, some one get me up to date?

Enzo and Cass joining Cena vs the Club in a tag match

Randy Orton vs Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam

Shield Triple Threat booked

Ncl about the rest
Reply 5105
Orton and Lesnar is a decent bout, to be honest.

It gives the latter something to do - and it's more of a drawer for the casual fans after the hype of his UFC fight. Is your regular man in the street going to be more inclined to watch is Lesnar is squaring off against Orton, or a relatively fresher face like Owens, or even Wyatt? It's obviously Orton.

It allows Orton to remind us why we've missed him, gives SummerSlam a high profile feud alongside the culmination (presumably) to the AJ Styles/Cena programme.

Orton is a deft hand in the ring, and this is a match we haven't seen before. Not only that, but it allows Orton to work as a heel. The company has plenty of creative options - but it'll end with Lesnar going over, and rightly so.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Enzo and Cass joining Cena vs the Club in a tag match

Randy Orton vs Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam

Shield Triple Threat booked

Ncl about the rest

True, can give 0 ****s tbh. My man Orton vs Lesnar is going to be sick though

I bet Orton will win
Reply 5107
Original post by AR_95

I bet Orton will win

Just can't see it post-UFC. WWE will look to build on that renewed popularity with a Lesnar win, surely?
Original post by Mackay
Just can't see it post-UFC. WWE will look to build on that renewed popularity with a Lesnar win, surely?

Was semi srs what with me being an Orton fan
What's the point of Lesnar winning? His whole monster run was about giving Reigns the rub, and when that didn't happen it made him irrelevant. Beating Orton and moving on to another pointless feud that he'll win again until Reigns beats him clean doesn't sound appealing to me. Rather have Cena as World Champion again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5110
Original post by Zayn is Bae
What's the point of Lesnar winning? His whole monster run was about giving Reigns the rub, and when that didn't happen it made him irrelevant. Beating Orton and moving on to another pointless feud that he'll win again until Reigns beats him clean doesn't sound appealing to me. Rather have Cena as World Champion again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're giving WWE too much credit. His whole monster run was to build on the Undertaker's streak ending - not Reigns. Creative isn't capable of thinking that far ahead.

Lesnar is a legitimate beast, and a legitimate star. In an era where Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns being the flag-bearing champion for the company means RAW is getting its lowest ratings EVER, Lesnar being a star is massively important to WWE as a business.

They can't undermine that star power. Granted, Orton and Cena have star power of their own - hence why Lesnar vs Orton makes sense. But Lesnar is a cross-genre star. UFC fans like him, casual fans like him, MMA fans like him.

Orton should be used similar to Jericho. Get him rubbing up against young babyfaces as a heel, in my view. A Sami Zayn vs Orton feud would be tantalising.

Lesnar should be kept back for special events like this. He doesn't need a title - and nor should he get one. Use him sparingly, at the four major PPV events of the year. He's a massive draw.
Original post by Mackay
You're giving WWE too much credit. His whole monster run was to build on the Undertaker's streak ending - not Reigns. Creative isn't capable of thinking that far ahead.

Lesnar is a legitimate beast, and a legitimate star. In an era where Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns being the flag-bearing champion for the company means RAW is getting its lowest ratings EVER, Lesnar being a star is massively important to WWE as a business.

They can't undermine that star power. Granted, Orton and Cena have star power of their own - hence why Lesnar vs Orton makes sense. But Lesnar is a cross-genre star. UFC fans like him, casual fans like him, MMA fans like him.

Orton should be used similar to Jericho. Get him rubbing up against young babyfaces as a heel, in my view. A Sami Zayn vs Orton feud would be tantalising.

Lesnar should be kept back for special events like this. He doesn't need a title - and nor should he get one. Use him sparingly, at the four major PPV events of the year. He's a massive draw.

Jericho semi retired though so became a utility star. Orton should be no where near a Jericho role tbh, not yet at least.
Reply 5112
Original post by AR_95
Jericho semi retired though so became a utility star. Orton should be no where near a Jericho role tbh, not yet at least.

What I mean is the level of Jericho in the card. He should be feuding with Shield members who don't hold the strap, Wyatt, Zayn, Owens, Cesaro et al.

Orton would make a fine placeholder champion, though, admittedly. I'm intrigued as to how the new champion will be crowned.
Is cesaro ever going to get the push he deserves ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5114
Brraaaaawwwwwkkkkk lesnar
Cena is a full blown babyface nowadays, the crowd are on his side. WWE need to use him sparingly, have him feud 3 or 4 times a year and leave after each one.
Reply 5116
So, not only are WWE going to stick with the McMahons as the figurehead of both brands, but they're bringing in TWO GMs for each show respectively. That's four authority figures. How are the superstars meant to get quality air time?

Regardless, last night's show was great.

It was awesome - and a big surprise - to see Darren Young become the number one contender for the Miz's IC title. I'd suggest this means WWE are hot on him, with the Backlund gimmick, but we've seen pushes fade away before so I won't jump the gun by saying that. What I will say is this: Young can really benefit by working closely with a heel as hated as fiercely as the Miz is. It's a decent feud, and a fresh match-up.

Similarly, Zack Ryder going up against Rusev is very intriguing. Again, it's a fresh match up and while Rusev will obviously emerge victorious (rightly so), it's good to see Ryder going for gold.

Plenty of people are in limbo - Sheamus, Corbin, Crews, Ziggler - but the Battle Royal showcased them, alongside del Rio, and you've got to hope they'll become more prominent post-Brand Extension.

The less said about the Vaudevillains and their fall from grace, as well as Kalisto/Sin Cara who couldn't be further away from a hot streak, the better. Why are the latter duo losing to BREEZANGO? Bizarre.

Enzo and Big Cass continue to shine in their feud against the Club. All six men are doing their best to make that feud memorable, and it's refreshing to hear Cena so warmly received from the hefty crowd in Detroit, who are clearly such big marks and huge fans of the business.

Ambrose and Rollins' segment was out of this world, too. We saw grit and steel from the former, rather than the craziness or silliness that WWE usually make him exhibit, and the latter's cocky and arrogant shtick worked a treat.

The only misstep was Titus O'Neil vs Heath Slater (boring) and the New Day/Wyatt Family's True Detective-style segment, which was just bizarre. Fair play to WWE for trying something different, though.
Reply 5117
This week's SmackDown spoilers:

- Sasha Banks def. Dana Brooke to earn a WWE Women's Championship match.
- Dolph Ziggler def. Rusev after Zack Ryder, who sat in on commentary, provided a distraction.
- AJ Styles and Karl Anderson def. Enzo Amore and Big Cass.
- Zack Ryder def. Alberto Del Rio. After the match, Rusev tried to attack, only to suffer a dropkick at the hands of his No. 1 Contender.
- Miz TV featuring Darren Young and Bob Backlund ended with the Hall of Famer applying the Crossface Chicken Wing to The Miz.
- Charlotte announced during a backstage promo that she will partner with Dana Brooke at Battleground to face Sasha Banks and whomever she can find to side with her.
- Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens ended in disqualification when Seth Rollins interfered and attacked The Lunatic Fringe. Sami Zayn made the save and suddenly, a tag team match was booked.
- Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins defeated Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn when Rollins pinned Zayn.
So has the brand split happened, and is Smackdown now worth watching? I'm so lost tbh. Was trying to look up ORton vs Lesnar but apparently it was only announced on Smackdown without a confrontation between the two?
Original post by AR_95
So has the brand split happened, and is Smackdown now worth watching? I'm so lost tbh. Was trying to look up ORton vs Lesnar but apparently it was only announced on Smackdown without a confrontation between the two?

You ****er

Brand split is next Tuesday I think. Lesnar match was randomly announced by Booker T on Smackdown last week (Heyman wasn't even there ffs), WWE just wanted to jump on the UFC 200 hype.

Quick Reply

Latest