The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Anniversary scholarships and LMA's

Scroll to see replies

So the results will come out this month! All the best everyone. Here's hoping LSE is generous enough to give us all something!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
no funding
I called them up and they informed me

All the best everyone
Reply 42
Original post by prospectivegrad
no funding

All the best everyone

****, man, that's horrible. I am so sorry.

Are you going to take a gap year and try again?
Reply 43
no funding

All the best everyone

I'm so sorry to hear that, prospectivegrad. What will you do now?
Hey guys, I think I'll just let it go.
Loans are too expensive, doesn't cover full fee and with the economy crash they seem very very risky too.
Reply 45
I wouldn't think so blackbluegreen. I was told to wait until August, or at least the end of July, to get a response for the Undergraduate Support Scheme. I emailed them last night to ask whether rejectees get a notice by mail or not. I'll post their response when I get it.

Hey guys, I think I'll just let it go.Loans are too expensive, doesn't cover full fee and with the economy crash they seem very very risky too.
Smart, driven people become successful no matter what school they go to. Best of luck with whatever you opt to pursue.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by muhreeah
I wouldn't think so blackbluegreen. I was told to wait until August, or at least the end of July, to get a response for the Undergraduate Support Scheme. I emailed them last night to ask whether rejectees get a notice by mail or not. I'll post their response when I get it.

Smart, driven people become successful no matter what school they go to. Best of luck with whatever you opt to pursue.

The email I got after submitting my application was to wait till the end of August, but someone on FB group said that we should expect a reply by the end of July. I just want to lnow the reply soon to prepare for visa, this is frustrating.
And yes please post their reply on here, that would be so great. Thank you so much in advance :biggrin:
I called up earlier today and they said to me that I haven't been awarded any LMAs but they are still considering me for any other potential awards.

This waiting game is driving me insane! Has anyone heard anything about the anniversary scholarships?
Reply 48
Original post by prepdream
And yes please post their reply on here, that would be so great. Thank you so much in advance :biggrin:

Okay, I called them and they said that you can expect a rejection for the USS by post and there's no way to know whether you're accepted or not aside from mail.
Okay, I called them and they said that you can expect a rejection for the USS by post and there's no way to know whether you're accepted or not aside from mail.

Thank you :biggrin: so is it by the end of this month for sure?
And good luck :smile:
Reply 50
Yep, she said end of July. You as well!

Out of curiosity, what country are you from and what program are you applying for? Are you dependent on the scholarship to attend? I'm a Canadian hoping to do social anthro but it'll be impossible without some substantial generosity on LSE's part, heh.
Yep, she said end of July. You as well!

Out of curiosity, what country are you from and what program are you applying for? Are you dependent on the scholarship to attend? I'm a Canadian hoping to do social anthro but it'll be impossible without some substantial generosity on LSE's part, heh.

I was social anthro too haha. All while I searched for someone from my same course and when rejected I find you!
Reply 52
I was social anthro too haha. All while I searched for someone from my same course and when rejected I find you!

If the scholarship doesn't work out for me either and you don't decide to take the loan, we should run away together and live in sin.

The USS has me on edge. One wonders why they chose to make it exclusively by post, whereas for other scholarships you can clearly just call and ask. Checking the mail is the reason I wake up in the morning now.
(edited 7 years ago)
If the scholarship doesn't work out for me either and you don't decide to take the loan, we should run away together and live in sin.

The USS has me on edge. One wonders why they chose to make it exclusively by post, whereas for other scholarships you can clearly just call and ask. Checking the mail is the reason I wake up in the morning now.

I ain't taking the loan, but I really really hope from all my heart that you get the funding. Otherwise the plan is on!

Umm I don't know how the USS works but if it's anything like the GSS you umm.. Might be in trouble.
Secondly, did you try calling though? They ask for your LSE id and let ya know.
All the best.
Reply 54
I ain't taking the loan, but I really really hope from all my heart that you get the funding. Otherwise the plan is on!

Umm I don't know how the USS works but if it's anything like the GSS you umm.. Might be in trouble.
Secondly, did you try calling though? They ask for your LSE id and let ya know.
All the best.

Thank you, the kindness is sincerely appreciated.

Yeah, I called and asked if there's any way to find out aside from post--nope. I emailed them when my national post service was threatening a strike, too, but they never responded to that. Just have to keep waiting until the end of the month. It's not too bad--I've fantasized about actually opening an envelope with my name on it accepting me to university since I was a child. It feels like it's all coming to a head.
Hello people.
Since we are all anticipating the results for the LSE scholarships, i thought a group would be appropriate for it.
Please post questions & let know if you've received the award.

All the best! =]]

Original post by blackbluegreen
Good idea.

I wasn't sure if some people were receiving scholarships together with their offers or we are all waiting till the end?

Original post by blerg
So, who else is pacing the floor and trying to work out which organ they can feasibly live without if they're unsuccessful? Now that we're at the really pointy end of things I admit to being bloody terrified that it's all going to fall at the last hurdle.

hello, join the club!
Im petrified, and specially cuz i cannot attend w/o the LMA's! I know someone who already received one of the scholarships, it is so scary - i keep on checking my email every 5 minutes!!! aaaggghhhhh.
oh btw, i figured i won't be able to afford lse even after selling both my kidneys .. :/ hneh

Original post by wilsonstomatoes
hiya, was wondering if anyone could help me with this?

i received my offer letter on the 4th may (web tracker actually says 29th april), but the scholarships page states that you must hold an offer and have completed the financial support application by 27th april to be considered. on the LSE FAQ's it says that 'All the deadlines set by the Financial Support Office are final', and that you should defer your offer to be considered for any future financial support. However, on the tracker it says, 'Your data will be held on file and used to consider you for any other LSE scholarships offered by the School for which you are eligible. If you are successful in obtaining another LSE award, we will notify you in writing by the end of July 2016 at the latest' - I was wondering if those who received their offer and had completed the graduate application before the 27th april also get the same message on their tracker?

Just wondering if mine is an automated response or whether i will actually be considered. From the sounds of it though, i may have missed the deadline. Slightly confused !

thanks

HAVE YOU GUYS CHECKED YOUR EMAILS?!

Spoiler

Praying for good news for you all :goodluck:
Reply 56
Original post by Silent Witness

Spoiler

Excellent news; congratulations Silent Witness! Nothing for me yet. Realistically, I'm now thinking it's more likely I'll be successful in one of my outside funding applications and so I'm crossing my fingers for those. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, and well done again!
Reply 57

Spoiler

Congratulations!! That's extraordinary! Hopefully the rest of us will be as lucky. Go enjoy yourself!

For our benefit, which scholarship did you get a response on?
Original post by blerg
Excellent news; congratulations Silent Witness! Nothing for me yet. Realistically, I'm now thinking it's more likely I'll be successful in one of my outside funding applications and so I'm crossing my fingers for those. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, and well done again!

Congratulations!! That's extraordinary! Hopefully the rest of us will be as lucky. Go enjoy yourself!

For our benefit, which scholarship did you get a response on?

Thank you to both of you! It was for the LMA (a £10,000 award) which I didn't expect at all because when I called and queried about it, they informed me that I was flatly rejected for any LMAs! So wait for the official notification, they could change their mind like they did for me.

Fingers cross to both of you and anyone else waiting out there!
Reply 59
Thank you to both of you! It was for the LMA (a £10,000 award) which I didn't expect at all because when I called and queried about it, they informed me that I was flatly rejected for any LMAs! So wait for the official notification, they could change their mind like they did for me.

Fingers cross to both of you and anyone else waiting out there!

Wow, amazing! I will continue to live in (realism-tempered) hope then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending