The Student Room Group

Anti-refugee people: Would you rather have a Syrian die than come to the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
Typical leftist not reading properly.

[*]On average, between 1993 and 2014 the unemployment rate of foreign-born people in Britain has been higher than that of UK-born people.
[*]Male migrants are concentrated in the two lowest paid occupational categories (elementary and processing occupations).
Look at them quotes from the paper, they alone show how what you are saying is BS, again again, like a typical leftist, you keep referring to baby figures, looking at direct taxes and befits, not benefits in kind. Migrants are a drain on finances, the UK now has more migrants than ever in history, by your logic we should be the richest we have ever been, not suffering from greater and grater debt. Liar.

You should begin to look at the figures properly, but like a typical leftist, you will not do that, you will stick to the baby maths of someone who is paid £15,000 a year being a contributor when they are not, they are a taker and a drain on finances.

hahahaha....How about you look at the hourly wage of your AVERAGE migrants instead of selectively quoting what you like

15 pound an hour.

That is going to be even higher in those in full time work.
Wow he called someone racist, the leftists favourite go to word, well done! You are a Nazi and an anti-Semite.

As explained, the migrants are adding to the deficit, its called benefits in kind, look it up.

Nope. Decreasing the deficit.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/05/migration-target-useless-experts

Like I pointed out they added 25 Billion to economy.

As Migration has increased so has the deficit. Even cheap labour is needed to keep companies afloat in this country.

Obviously, you will ignore these facts.

The difference is that you are against the Free Market and don't want allow business to pick the best candidates. I do.
Original post by DorianGrayism
hahahaha....How about you look at the hourly wage of your AVERAGE migrants instead of selectively quoting what you like15 pound an hour. That is going to be even higher in those in full time work.
You are changing what the stats actually say, the average migrant in the UK does not earn above £27,000 a year. As a result, they are burdens on society. This is basic maths, but leftists struggle with maths, that's why they study courses like women's studies, so I am not surprised.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/05/migration-target-useless-experts

As Migration has increased so has the deficit. Even cheap labour is needed to keep companies afloat in this country.

The difference is that you are against the Free Market and don't want allow business to pick the best candidates. I do.

Again, you refuse to listen, the figures you give ignore benefits in kind
You are changing what the stats actually say, the average migrant in the UK does not earn above £27,000 a year. As a result, they are burdens on society. This is basic maths, but leftists struggle with maths, that's why they study courses like women's studies, so I am not surprised.

Actually, it isn't my issue that you cannot do maths.

Here let me help you.

15 * 8 * 5 * 52 = 31200
This is basic maths, but leftists struggle with maths, that's why they study courses like women's studies, so I am not surprised.

Yeh, I know what you mean that is why I did Maths as a degree at Imperial

LOL

"People from European Economic Area", typical little leftist, selectively quoting again, why are you just refering to ECA migrants?
Again, you refuse to listen, the figures you give ignore benefits in kind

Actually, try reading the article, it specifically talks about benefits and migrants are less likely to take benefits and etc.

Obviously, you don't like that ( AKA racist) and you don't like the free market. Therefore, it is only natural for you to ignore it.
Original post by Ladbants
A lot of people here are hating on refugees and saying that Britain shouldn't accept any. So would you rather have an innocent Syrian die in an air strike or a bomb than come here and live a safe life here?

I don't think that many people are really anti-refugee; more like they're anti-immigration. I think the two are often conflated because the majority of immigrants that posed as refugees in the last year were not actually refugees; the majority were economic migrants.
Actually, try reading the article, it specifically talks about benefits and migrants are less likely to take benefits and etc.

Obviously, you don't like that ( AKA racist) and you don't like the free market. Therefore, it is only natural for you to ignore it.

By the way, I don't care if you call me racist, I can call you racist, you are racist! Wow! Big deal!

It does not, you are again being a typical leftist and lying, it does not refer to all migrants. Your figures don't add up.
"People from European Economic Area", typical little leftist, selectively quoting again, why are you just refering to ECA migrants?

Wait....so you accept that ECA immigrants contribute to the economy and you voted to stop free movement?
By the way, I don't care if you call me racist, I can call you racist, you are racist! Wow! Big deal!

It does not, you are again being a typical leftist and lying, it does not refer to all migrants. Your figures don't add up.

Well, a racist would say that. Difference is that I am not creating barriers to work and stopping business from choosing the candidates that they need.

Deficit has decreased with increased immigration. Those figures add up.

Since you can't multiple, I put it into google for you.

https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=15%20*%208%20*%205%20*%2052

15 * 8 * 5 * 52 = 31200.

It isn't my issue that you don't like facts. Instead you prefer recession and cuts LOL>
(edited 7 years ago)
Wait....so you accept that ECA immigrants contribute to the economy and you voted to stop free movement?

Why are you trying to change the subject? I am referring to all migrants (if anything, non EU migrants, as this thread was referring to), yet for some strange reason you are only talking about EU migrants, as like a typical leftist, you try to distort the topic,
Why are you trying to change the subject? I am referring to all migrants (if anything, non EU migrants, as this thread was referring to), yet for some strange reason you are only talking about EU migrants, as like a typical leftist, you try to distort the topic,

Wasn't changing the subject. It is the same article that we were talking about.

Wait, so like I asked before, then you accept that EU migrants are net contributors ?

I know you don't like the facts.

I have already proven that migrants earn 31000 a year but you don't like those facst.

You don't also like the fact that the UK needs cheap labour for profitable business.
Well, a racist would say that. Difference is that I am not creating barriers to work and stopping business from choosing the candidates that they need.

Deficit has decreased with increased immigration. Those figures add up.

Since you can't multiple, I put it into google for you.

https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=15%20*%208%20*%205%20*%2052

15 * 8 * 5 * 52 = 31200.

It isn't my issue that you don't like facts. Instead you prefer recession and cuts LOL>

You are just making things up, pulling out selective numbers, and misinterpreting statistics, just your typical average leftist really.
You are just making things up, pulling out selective numbers, and misinterpreting statistics, just your typical average leftist really.

hahahaha

It is funny how i accepted your one statistic from your article. However, when I have shown multiple sources, your answer is "pulling out selective numbers".

Stop getting so jealous that this "leftist" is better than you.
Wait, so like I asked before, then you accept that EU migrants are net contributors ?

I know you don't like the facts.

I have already proven that migrants earn 31000 a year but you don't like those facst.

You don't also like the fact that the UK needs cheap labour for profitable business.

You have not proven anything, you refer to sources that talk about EU migrants, when we are not even talking about them, and to make matters worse, you manipulate the numbers given.

You need to make your mind up, either they are cheap labour (and must earn less than the average UK workers), or they are not, you are tying yourself up.
hahahahaIt is funny how i accepted your one statistic from your article. However, when I have shown multiple sources, your answer is "pulling out selective numbers". Stop getting so jealous that this "leftist" is better than you.
Your figures have a large amount of issues with them, also, they are only about EU migrants, why are you only talking about them?
You have not proven anything, you refer to sources that talk about EU migrants, when we are not even talking about them, and to make matters worse, you manipulate the numbers given.

You need to make your mind up, either they are cheap labour (and must earn less than the average UK workers), or they are not, you are tying yourself up.

Well, I know it is difficult for you to understand. So I will try to make it clear.

Average migrant earns circa 30,000.

Therefore, using your numbers, they are net contributors.
Your figures have a large amount of issues with them, also, they are only about EU migrants, why are you only talking about them?

Err no.

The first figures I used showed that the average migrant both EU and Non EU earn 31000.

It is funny how you voted against the more productive EU labour compared to the Non EU labour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending