The Student Room Group

Anti-refugee people: Would you rather have a Syrian die than come to the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
Your figures have a large amount of issues with them, also, they are only about EU migrants, why are you only talking about them?

You voted against EU migrants. So why not talk about them?

Or it doesn't fit into your racist narrative of migrants being scroungers.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well, I know it is difficult for you to understand. So I will try to make it clear.

Average migrant earns circa 30,000.

Therefore, using your numbers, they are net contributors.

Again, that is simply not true, it is widely known how non-EU migrants especially drain the UK, you are living in your own fantasy land (like most leftists and anti-semites). The employment levels of non-EU migrants is especially high and well above native levels.

It is not believable that unemployment levels can be conseidribaly higher, yet earn more on average and pay net giverd into the system, it does not add up.
You voted against EU migrants. So why not talk about them?

Or it doesn't fit into your racist narrative of migrants being scroungers.

Your hatred of Israel is a result of your worship of Hitler.
Again, that is simply not true, it is widely known how non-EU migrants especially drain the UK, you are living in your own fantasy land (like most leftists and anti-semites). The employment levels of non-EU migrants is especially high and well above native levels.

It is not believable that unemployment levels can be conseidribaly higher, yet earn more on average and pay net giverd into the system, it does not add up.

The difference is, what you have written is racist opinion.

I have actually provided sources. That doesn't even take into account VAT, Corporation tax and etc which immigration indirectly helps with.

You voted against the most productive immigration into the UK. You voted for recession.
Your hatred of Israel is a result of your worship of Hitler.

Go to your optician. That isn't Hitler.
The employment levels of non-EU migrants is especially high and well above native levels.

Lol. So you voted against EU migration that has higher employment rates and education rates. That makes sense.
Go to your optician. That isn't Hitler.

You hate Jews, Hitler also did not like Jews, you love Hitler.
The difference is, what you have written is racist opinion.

I have actually provided sources. That doesn't even take into account VAT, Corporation tax and etc which immigration indirectly helps with.

You voted against the most productive immigration into the UK. You voted for recession.

I have not even mentioned any races, you clearly don't know what the word "racist" means, typical leftists.

Also, you have not shown anything, your pick out random figures, you misinterpret them, leave out other figures, use figures that talk about group A people, and then state that those figures talk about group B.

Your so called stats are not even believable, migrants have higher unemployment levels yet magically are not only earning more according to you, but so much more than on averagemigrants add into the system, yet somehow we have war time levels of debt, great logic.

I have not even mentioned any races, you clearly don't know what the word "racist" means, typical leftists.

Also, you have not shown anything, your pick out random figures, you misinterpret them, leave out other figures, use figures that talk about group A people, and then state that those figures talk about group B.

Your so called stats are not even believable, migrants have higher unemployment levels yet magically are not only earning more according to you, but so much more than on averagemigrants add into the system, yet somehow we have war time levels of debt, great logic.

Err no. 31000 talks about all immigrants.

Higher unemployment rates?

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/11/what-are-eu-migrants-entitled-terms-benefits-and-housing-and-when

The employment rate for non-UK born workers is 70 per cent, compared to the 73.2 per cent of UK born workers. The employment rate for EU nationals living in the UK is 79 per cent. This is according to the latest figures, from the April-June 2014 Labour Force Survey.

ROFL. So actually, averaging the two, the overall employment rate fore foreign born is 76%.

Next myth please !
(edited 7 years ago)

Go to your optician mate. Everyone else knows that it isn't Hitler. ...Except you.
yet somehow we have war time levels of debt, great logic.

mmmm....yeh, it was something called the 2008-09 crisis....Did you hear about it? LOL.

Increased migration with decreasing deficit.
So what do you do that makes you worthy of our continent ahead of a Muslim Doctor ?

Refugees are not doctors.
Original post by Rakas21

So again, what do you do that is so valuable? Are you just another person polluting the continent?

How do you feel when someone uses racist rhetoric against you?
Original post by Rakas21

Lol. Refugee can't be doctor.

Impossible for a syrian refugee to do something useful !!!
(edited 7 years ago)
It's a bit of a tricky situation to be honest. Whilst it would be a good thing for the refugees to be brought in and taken away from all of that violence, let's not ignore reality. The more refugees we bring, sadly the increase in far right support will rise. That means a lot of these refugees would probably face harm and abuse from these groups. Also, this doesn't really address the issue. I have seen this civil war in Syria go on for 5 years now which is bonkers. Assad needs to be brought to the table to agree to an armistice and then attention needs to be put towards fighting off IS. Once this is done, we need to maintain a medium term presence in Syria and unlike Iraq, engage in a real rebuilding effort.
Original post by remiremi
Would Jesus tell the 3rd world if they risk their lives they can reach the land of milk and honey? Because this is what Merkel did, and 3,000 have already drowned crossing the med from North Africa and the ME as illegal immigration in Germany reached 2 million+ migrants in the space of 12 months.

If anyone had a heart in this situation they would do what Australia did, stop the boats and tell them they will not be granted asylum by illegal immigration. Legitimate refugees with papers or ID proving they are what they say they are can apply from Refugee camps in Turkey or Lebanon.

Migrants from Ghana or Nigeria for example throwing away their passport and landing in Greece or Italy should not even be accepted by the EU, they should be immediately deported.

How is any of this related to my response to Trapz' comment?
Original post by MrControversial
I am not really sure what your point is. Many governments came together to create the hell in Syria.

Those governments have still support in spite of it. Many people still are for intervention in Libya and Syria because since Iraq our propaganda has gotten really good.

My point is that the refugees would be living next to ordinary people, not the actual people who caused the mess. We have no guilt and aren't responsible for anything.
Original post by Ladbants
A lot of people here are hating on refugees and saying that Britain shouldn't accept any. So would you rather have an innocent Syrian die in an air strike or a bomb than come here and live a safe life here?

Short answer, yes, I simply am drained of empathy. And a lot of people are starting to feel the same, Africans and Arabs have been abusing our empathy for their own gain for generations, now it's spiraled out of control. They parade their children around like banners trying to garner free stuff and people are simply becoming desensitized to their self inflicted suffering.

We don't owe them;

- clean drinking water
- food
- and education
- access to emergency health treatment
- vaccinations
- protection from one another
- a stable way of life
- any sort of aid or financial support

We should start treating them exactly how they would treat us if the situation was reversed, and they wouldn't help us. We'd be lucky if they took us as slaves and didn't just outright kill us.
(edited 7 years ago)
Err no. 31000 talks about all immigrants.

Higher unemployment rates?

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/11/what-are-eu-migrants-entitled-terms-benefits-and-housing-and-when

The employment rate for non-UK born workers is 70 per cent, compared to the 73.2 per cent of UK born workers. The employment rate for EU nationals living in the UK is 79 per cent. This is according to the latest figures, from the April-June 2014 Labour Force Survey.

ROFL. So actually, averaging the two, the overall employment rate fore foreign born is 76%.

Next myth please !

If they were in any way financial contributors to their host country surely European countries would be tripping over one another to adopt them.

Come on, be honest with yourself, these people are not givers to the system, they are takers, they openly admit that themselves, they want access to our community funded education system, to our health services, to all our social services, they aren't coming to make a donation...this is just silly.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
If they were in any way financial contributors to their host country surely European countries would be tripping over one another to adopt them.

Come on, be honest with yourself, these people are not givers to the system, they are takers, they openly admit that themselves, they want access to our community funded education system, to our health services, to all our social services, they aren't coming to make a donation...this is just silly.

Which one would that be? Racist Poland ?

I have provided facts. You have provided your racist opinion.

It isn't enough that they have to earn £35000 which far more than the average moron in this country earns anyway. Maybe, you need to look at why you hate foreigners so much that you cannot even accept basic facts.
Which one would that be? Racist Poland ?

I have provided facts. You have provided your racist opinion.

It isn't enough that they have to earn £35000 which far more than the average moron in this country earns anyway. Maybe, you need to look at why you hate foreigners so much that you cannot even accept basic facts.

Think about it logically, if they were a collective financial asset countries would be lining up to take them, there is a net cost to taking them in, throwing about some employment figures doesn't change that.

How much tax do you think they will need to pay working as labourors to cover the cost of us having to

- rescue them from the sea
- house them
- put their children through 18 years of education
- provide them and their family of 6 with medical care
- deal with the terror threats
- deal with the rape problems

This is to name a few of the financial aspects you seem to be ignoring, maybe after a thousand years of paying tax on their kabab shop their communities will be making a net contribution to our society, you can't be this dim to think there is a monetary gain to accepting these 'refugees' from Africa and the ME

Quick Reply

Latest