The Student Room Group

Entry criteria for MSc

Firstly, apologies if this has been asked before. I did search but I wasn't able to find anything.

I'm nearing the end of a bachelor's degree with the Open University at the moment and I want to progress to a MSc after I graduate. I've found one that I'd like to do and at first I assumed I was sorted since I know that they never run out of places and I'm on course for a 2:1 (entry requirements are 2:2).

The application process didn't occur to me at first as I didn't have to do any of this for the OU. Now I'm looking in to different postgraduate courses and am reading about interviews, references, personal statements, relevant work experience, group activities, role plays, etc.

I know this is a very general query, but what kind of criteria are used in the selection process? I'm going to ask the university as well, but I was hoping people might be able to provide some general information too. Thanks very much.
Msc is harddd trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
For master's programs the university's main focus would be you grades in your previous degree and your work exprience. Personal statements are of high importance as well, because they represent your understanding if the course and what it entitles. Having some certifications from worlshops and conferences could be of added value towards your application but they don't directly affect it.

Hope this was helpful
Reply 3
See websites of courses:

Academic: BA grades, academic awards
Letter of recommendations from lecturers
Statement to show your motivation and fit
Original post by KazuoTakeda
Msc is harddd trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

How hard is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by KazuoTakeda
Msc is harddd trust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean it's hard to get in or hard to actually do?

Original post by Raysa El Zein
For master's programs the university's main focus would be you grades in your previous degree and your work exprience. Personal statements are of high importance as well, because they represent your understanding if the course and what it entitles. Having some certifications from worlshops and conferences could be of added value towards your application but they don't directly affect it.

Hope this was helpful

Original post by Tcannon
See websites of courses:

Academic: BA grades, academic awards
Letter of recommendations from lecturers
Statement to show your motivation and fit

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending