The Student Room Group

Are my A Level choices good?

I'm thinking about doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History for A Levels, are these good options? Also, I am thinking of doing either Biology or History for AS, can anybody recommend which one it should be? Thanks
It all depends on what you want to do at uni. But they are very good choices :smile:

Do whatever one you hate the most for AS then continue with the 3 you like for A2 :smile:
Original post by lewisorm
I'm thinking about doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History for A Levels, are these good options? Also, I am thinking of doing either Biology or History for AS, can anybody recommend which one it should be? Thanks

They sound like great subjects (I personally have only done maths out of those 4) but they will be very intensive. They will all be very well accredited by universities though :smile:

As to which to do as only an AS level, don't stress about that now. You can decide which one to drop at the end of the year and it should probably be the one you either enjoy least or are worst at.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lewisorm

Strong selection. I would say it depends on what you would like to do in the future. Do you know what you would like to study at university?*
Reply 4
Original post by 06shawm
Strong selection. I would say it depends on what you would like to do in the future. Do you know what you would like to study at university?*

Not particularly, however I do know that I find the sciences fairly interesting and my science teachers advised me to choose at least one of the science subjects because they believe I will do very well in it. Also I don't really enjoy essay subjects too much although I do like History which is why I have decided to choose that (it will also add some variety to my A Levels). There's a good chance that whatever I do at Uni will be something to do with science and that's why I have chosen more than one because I know that a lot of the science courses require more than 1 and would prefer at least 2.
Reply 5
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
It all depends on what you want to do at uni. But they are very good choices :smile:

Do whatever one you hate the most for AS then continue with the 3 you like for A2 :smile:

That's reassuring and good advice, thank you :smile:
I'm doing the same subjects in September and I need to drop one after my first year. I'll probably drop history!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest