The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TajwarC
What? He's the next Kobe/James Jones

I'm slacking, took a moment for my mind to register James Jones
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

Smh...The level of disrespect...
Reply 502
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

Original post by TajwarC

Better put some damn respeck on his name. LBJ wouldn't be **** without JJ and don't even try to deny it.
Original post by TajwarC

Original post by eden3
Better put some damn respeck on his name. LBJ wouldn't be **** without JJ and don't even try to deny it.

It never gets old. Recognising his greatness I mean :colonhash:

Can't believe we've lost Barbosa and Mo in the space of the day, I'm starting to rethink the greatness of the KD signing because I am very very hurt :frown:
Original post by blackened_sky
Can't believe we've lost Barbosa and Mo in the space of the day, I'm starting to rethink the greatness of the KD signing because I am very very hurt :frown:

Still the best squad in the league.

PGs: Steph, Livingston, Clark
SGs: Klay, McCaw
SF: KD, Iggy
PF: Dray, West, McAdoo, Looney
C: Zaza, Jones, N'Diaye

Just need to shore up the bench a bit more, maybe work on another centre, but it's still insane.
Original post by MrDystopia

PGs: Steph, Livingston, Clark
SGs: Klay, McCaw
SF: KD, Iggy
PF: Dray, West, McAdoo, Looney
C: Zaza, Jones, N'Diaye

Just need to shore up the bench a bit more, maybe work on another centre, but it's still insane.

I don't think any team will be willing to trade any decent centres, if you think about it why would anyone want to make the best team in the league even better... Same thing happened with the Heat in 2010
Original post by TajwarC
I don't think any team will be willing to trade any decent centres, if you think about it why would anyone want to make the best team in the league even better... Same thing happened with the Heat in 2010

Oh of course. We only really need average centres anyway since the entirety of the rest of the lineup is superteam.

That and I don't think the cap space will allow for a 'star' centre. Hence why the most likely thing to do, which has been happening, is signing older players on vet minimums. Essentially ring chasers.
Reply 508

:lol:

Reply 509
Original post by TajwarC

What if the Warriors sign Dahntay/James Jones?

Ridiculous
Original post by atom y humber
Ridiculous

Obviously KD improves the squad tenfold, but losing these players that have been part of the family for the last few years and helped end the drought is really gutting. Not hard to understand.
Obviously KD improves the squad tenfold, but losing these players that have been part of the family for the last few years and helped end the drought is really gutting. Not hard to understand.

please don't make me call you out. Then I'm just going to come across as a prick.

You'd do this deal 11/10 without hesitation.
please don't make me call you out. Then I'm just going to come across as a prick.

Anyone would. You can still do the deal and be sad at the players leaving however.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to grasp, pretty obvious what blackened meant.
Reply 514
Lmao......
https://twitter.com/Spurnandez210/status/751572351192485888

Think it's set Tim Duncan is going to retire. Shame if he does, a great of the game bowing out.
Reply 516
The Big Fundamental :frown:

Anyone would. You can still do the deal and be sad at the players leaving however.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to grasp, pretty obvious what blackened meant.

Yeah I don't understand why this has annoyed you and others so much. Call me out for what? I'd take KD every single time, but I'm still gutted that it means some of my favourite Warriors have to make way for him.
Har_en signs extension with Houston 4 years 118 mil, just slightly less than Conley extrapolating
KD to the Warriors is a good move. But KD is a cheater. He is chasing a ring like David West. He could have stayed in OKC and rebuild the team like Melo is doing in New York, but he didn't . He won't lead the dubs, Curry will still do it.
Ego issues, I hope won't happen

Quick Reply

Latest