The Student Room Group

What uni for Chemistry???

Hi,

I'm planning on applying for Chemistry and I have no idea about how to go about choosing which ones to put down. Looking at the course structure there isn't really significant variation between unis. I will probably put Oxford and Imperial for my top two, but I'm stuck on the rest. So if there is anyone out there applying as well who knows where they're gonna go please help me decide - I will love you forever

Unis I'm considering are:
Durham, York, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester, UCL, Southampton

If anybody goes there for chem and can give an insight I'd really appreciate it
Reply 1
Original post by pleasedonthitme
Hi,

I'm planning on applying for Chemistry and I have no idea about how to go about choosing which ones to put down. Looking at the course structure there isn't really significant variation between unis. I will probably put Oxford and Imperial for my top two, but I'm stuck on the rest. So if there is anyone out there applying as well who knows where they're gonna go please help me decide - I will love you forever

Unis I'm considering are:
Durham, York, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Warwick, Bath, Nottingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester, UCL, Southampton

If anybody goes there for chem and can give an insight I'd really appreciate it

The courses can vary a little. When I was considering my choices I only put ones down that offered optional units in mathematics as I felt that straight chemistry would somewhat be boring.

Many universities (such as Southampton, UCL and Bath from the top of my head) offer options - maybe look into what these options are and which ones interest you most.

It's good that you're considering the course structure before anything else though. I'd consider location after you find a course you like.
UCL do a neat Chemistry and Maths course I hear
I applied for Oxford, Imperial, Durham, Warwick and Nottingham this year for chemistry. Received offers for all except Oxford. The interview processes for Oxford and Imperial were very enjoyable so I think those are solid choices. I'm hoping to go to either Imperial or Warwick this September and if I do get in to either I can offer advice later in your application when you're deciding where to go (if u need it then). My chemistry teacher does rave about how much she loved nottingham too so theres many good choices out there. Have you visited many unis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending