The Student Room Group

Politically Incorrect Facts

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Original post by Mathemagicien

Spoiler

This one is interesting, was there a reason given or...?
Original post by dingleberry jam

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by TercioOfParma

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Basically every statistic in this Daily Wire article is a Politically Incorrect fact.
Please post things that are scientifically justified, but would get you crucified by some people if you repeated them

Note: I have been made aware that we cannot include discussion of Islam or race in this thread, so please respect that

Generally, facts regarding nationality are fine, so long as the nation of origin is multi-racial, or majority white

Facts regarding other religions (and atheism) are welcome

If a fact is disproportionately negative about black people or muslims, please think twice about posting it

Read the bits in bold, then someone please tell me what the reasoning behind this is.
And what about Arab nations? They're not multi-racial or majority white, so can we talk shi.t about them if it is scientifcally true
Interesting thread though
I'm on mobile with an awful connection, so cba to give links, but then if you're at all interested I'm sure you'll be able to search for this stuff, and if you're not then you'll likely not be interested in the truth beyond your narrative anyway.

Far more white people are killed by police in the US than blacks. However, of course you have to account for the smaller population percentage of blacks, and that leaves black people at about twice as likely to be shot than any other races. But black people are also more likely to commit crime (due to higher poverty levels) so when you take that into account, it kinda evens out and you realise the US police aren't as racist as the media makes them out to be (they're still horribly brutal though regardless of race, which is the problem which should be focused on).

A study conducted on monkeys showed that members of each gender were just as likely to choose toys that are generally associated with their respective genders as humans, suggesting that preferences for certain objects dates back far before "social constructs".

Over half of all Muslims in the UK think gays should be punished by the law
Original post by an_atheist
The mods are imbeciles then. Either you cant talk shi.t about any race or faith group (including atheism) or you can talk shi.t about all of them.
I dont have a fact, I was just curious

Such has been pointed out numerous times. Alas, TSR mods are clearly part of the PC left wing, head-in-the-sand, zeitgeist.

Oh look. Thtat's a politically incorrect fact right there.
Please post things that are scientifically justified, but would get you crucified by some people if you repeated them

Note: I have been made aware that we cannot include discussion of Islam or race in this thread, so please respect that

Generally, facts regarding nationality are fine, so long as the nation of origin is multi-racial, or majority white

If a fact is disproportionately negative about black people or muslims, please think twice about posting it

Lets put the facts in spoilers so we don't trigger people (I am joking; it just looks nicer)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The fact that you don't want to talk about race or Islam is quite ironic given that you're both an ethnic minority and a Muslim.The fact that you've excluded my being able to say, for instance - 77% of all reported sex offenses in Sweden are committed by Muslim men of Arab or North African origin, or that black people commit 50% of murders in the US even though they represent 12% of the entire population - seems to me as though you're trying to make this a safe-space for yourself. The only person who's at risk of being triggered here is you.

[video="youtube;sXQkXXBqj_U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Roast
Basically every statistic in this Daily Wire article is a Politically Incorrect fact.

Underline fact. How facts can be politically incorrect is hilarious.
Original post by dingleberry jam

Spoiler

Well I'm a Brexiter. I'd like you to prove your rather broad statement.
Kids with higher childhood intelligence are more likely to vote Lib Dem or Green as adults. Those with lower childhood intelligence are more likely to vote BNP or UKIP.

http://www.research.ed.ac.uk/portal/files/8896159/childhood_intelligence_predicts_voter.pdf

2008 study based on 2001 general election. It would be nice for something more recent to see if the pattern continues, but I have not been able to locate anything more up to date.
(edited 7 years ago)

I never expected, coming to this thread, that I would be the one who would be triggered. ffs.
Original post by TercioOfParma

Spoiler

I'm interested in seeing this proof. The United States of America would probably disagree with you.
Original post by Adamski191
Well I'm a Brexiter. I'd like you to prove your rather broad statement.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/
Original post by Quantex
Smart kids are more likely to vote Lib Dem or Green as adults. Those with lower IQs are more likely to vote BNP or UKIP.

http://www.research.ed.ac.uk/portal/files/8896159/childhood_intelligence_predicts_voter.pdf

2008 study based on 2001 general election. It would be nice for something more recent to see if the pattern continues, but I have not been able to locate anything more up to date.

A bit misleading to use smart as synonymous with high IQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending