The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zayn is Bae
Would you say happiness in the workplace comes from your colleagues, or the work? (Don't be a **** and say both, which one is more crucial).

It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that?

bro do u even monologue.
Original post by Rk2k14
Apparently El Chapo has escaped prison again.

Guy got no chill.

That man could be deserted in the middle of the Syrian desert with Jihadi John and still get away.
@Anon_98 do u monologue?
Original post by SA-1
More so from your colleagues imho. You see them for just under 40 hours every week for years and years.. You need there to be a healthy relationship between you all otherwise going to work becomes so depressing.

Like, I see my colleagues more than I see my family.. And as good as the work is - if the relationship between me and my colleagues isn't good then I wouldn't feel happy working there. My line of work is really interesting, and I love it.. But I'm not sure I'd stay for too long if the atmosphere was depressing

Interesting. Do you get on really well with yours or is it more a good relationship rather than a great one?

Original post by swirly
It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that?

bro do u even monologue.

National Treasure is GOAT for monologues and I'm sure there's a Jefferson one in that (unless that one is from NT :colonhash:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zKlown
A pretty girl smiled at me today

I blushed

Live scenes of zKlown

Original post by Zayn is Bae
Interesting. Do you get on really well with yours or is it more a good relationship rather than a great one?

National Treasure is GOAT for monologues and I'm sure there's a Jefferson one in that (unless that one is from NT :colonhash:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

But with regards to happiness don't you agree it's something you can only pursue and not truly have.
You can pursue happiness, have a moment of happiness, then it's gone, you have to pursue it again.

I always end up back at Mazlow's hierarchy of human needs- once you've hit your self-actualisation goals, there's nothing there. You need to find another one, and then another one. When Messi won the Balon D'or he wasn't just happy and decided he was done with life, he had to go do it again and again and break records and break more records because if he didn't maybe he'd have to stop and think it's all a bit pointless being an evolved monkey on a rock hurling around space around a ball of hydrogen that will eventually implode and destroy all life as we know it.

@SA-1 @zKlown @Kenan and Kel thoughts, or do I have it all wrong :redface:
Original post by swirly
But with regards to happiness don't you agree it's something you can only pursue and not truly have.
You can pursue happiness, have a moment of happiness, then it's gone, you have to pursue it again.

I always end up back at Mazlow's hierarchy of human needs- once you've hit your self-actualisation goals, there's nothing there. You need to find another one, and then another one. When Messi won the Balon D'or he wasn't just happy and decided he was done with life, he had to go do it again and again and break records and break more records because if he didn't maybe he'd have to stop and think it's all a bit pointless being an evolved monkey on a rock hurling around space around a ball of hydrogen that will eventually implode and destroy all life as we know it.

@SA-1 @zKlown @Kenan and Kel thoughts, or do I have it all wrong :redface:

That's human nature isn't it. I guess you could differentiate between happiness and accomplishing everything you want to. You can be happy but not fully content with all aspects of your life. I do agree that "The American Dream" is exactly that, a fantasy. Best thing to do is accept failure and move on. Aim for the stars and you might land on the moon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zKlown

What is your actual job description though?

Its intelligence based.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Surely you must realise how much your posts stink of insecurity

Nope. See, whilst I realise it pisses you all off, the reason myself, acorns & Luke mention our jobs is because we're in the minority of those that are proud and enjoy their job. If I was insecure about it, I'd keep quiet. I hardly ever, if at all, mentioned my job before the military because I hated it. But you strike me as someone who is probably jealous of those that are happy with themselves. Hell, Luke earns more than twice what I do but it doesn't bother me at all :smile:
Original post by SentryE3D
Its intelligence based.

Nope. See, whilst I realise it pisses you all off, the reason myself, acorns & Luke mention our jobs is because we're in the minority of those that are proud and enjoy their job. If I was insecure about it, I'd keep quiet. I hardly ever, if at all, mentioned my job before the military because I hated it. But you strike me as someone who is probably jealous of those that are happy with themselves. Hell, Luke earns more than twice what I do but it doesn't bother me at all :smile:

Lol whatever helps you sleep at night buddy
The nutella krispy kreme is heavenly, so damn sweet though. :coma:
@Kim-Jong-Illest thoughts on when Aubrey said what's up with all these new niggaz, and why they think it come so easily ?
Original post by swirly
@Kim-Jong-Illest thoughts on when Aubrey said what's up with all these new niggaz, and why they think it come so easily ?

spat truth. the game is full of sense of entitlement complexes and narcissism, aint nobody got that true 'why' to succeed no more n everyone believe they made it when they drop a vindaloo 16 barer once a year, only andre3000 earned that right. hypocritical tho, drake aint had no hard life, all jewish everythin.

thoughts on drakes spirit pokemon being a geodude?
Reply 6632
Original post by zKlown
Interesting, do you cut it yourself with scissors? Or are you talking clippers?

You're white aren't you? Lol, get a grip son.

Please tell me you don't have a hightop like @Dirtybit

Keep telling him he needs to get a fade

What is your actual job description though?

I got a no.4 top no.1 fade sides and back.

I look best with more hair than less but it's hard maintaining a clean afro.
Reply 6633
My current job I'm loving it, I get a decent salary(salary above my age in k's) yet I'm not talking about it non stop.

It's just not something that really needs to be done, especially on a student forum.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
spat truth. the game is full of sense of entitlement complexes and narcissism, aint nobody got that true 'why' to succeed no more n everyone believe they made it when they drop a vindaloo 16 barer once a year, only andre3000 earned that right. hypocritical tho, drake aint had no hard life, all jewish everythin.

thoughts on drakes spirit pokemon being a geodude?

100% agree with everything said here.

hyfr confirmed aubz was all jewish everythin. respect his hustle tho still, unlike regular jews.

and damn now that you say it, he deffo is a geodude/ nidoking/ onix.
Original post by SentryE3D
Its intelligence based.

And yet you decide to remind people you've never met before on an online forum directed towards students. I'm sure you're genuinely happy with what you're doing, no doubt.
no doubt no doubt no doubt
Original post by Jimmy Seville
no doubt no doubt no doubt

Original post by bammy jastard 27
My current job I'm loving it, I get a decent salary(salary above my age in k's) yet I'm not talking about it non stop.

It's just not something that really needs to be done, especially on a student forum.

I have strong reason to believe you're a compulsive ********ter to be honest. It's not really based on anything specific, I just think you lie all the time

Original post by AR_95
And yet you decide to remind people you've never met before on an online forum directed towards students. I'm sure you're genuinely happy with what you're doing, no doubt.

tbh all I did was say I was off to the F1 for free cos of my job (gen admission is usually £200, and how many others can get it free?). People get angsty, probably because they can't do it. I'm of the opinion that the majority, but not all, that are regulars here are likely overweight, socially awkward and mentally and probably even physically weak.
major shots

Latest