The Student Room Group

Right wing representation for students.

The NUS seems to only represent students who are on the left of the political spectrum and vote labour or the Green Party. Why do they not except that there are a fair number of students who support UKIP, the conservative and unionist party, the liberal democrats or who are just right wing.

For instance they ran a article about students barricaded themselves in a Barclays branch because they use fossil fuels. I'm sorry but at the end of the day this is a stopping people from working and earning a living.

Also they backed staying in the EU despite 47% of people according to their own research below the age of 35 backed leave are they not alienating and shoving to one side a good third to a half of students?

Should the NUS be politically neutral and I've fair views and opinions on topics rather than just being young labour in disguise.
Original post by niteninja1
Should the NUS be politically neutral and I've fair views and opinions on topics rather than just being young labour in disguise.

I have never really know what the NUS actually do, other than ensure students get discounts. They failed wholeheartedly at preventing the slow erosion of educational standards and backward financing of higher education. They are a bit pointless. I therefore wouldn't worry about their representations. They don't seem to represent anyone.
Some universities have various societies or associations with political parties, or if you're that interested in politics why not join a branch of whichever political party you support while at uni. If enough people are interested you could set up your own group.
Reply 3
Original post by moonkatt
Some universities have various societies or associations with political parties, or if you're that interested in politics why not join a branch of whichever political party you support while at uni. If enough people are interested you could set up your own group.

I get that but my point is. They promote people like Jeremy Corbyn saying they are great and then distinguishingly mock David Cameron and George osbourne which is not really there role.

I understand that they may see there views as bad and Jeremy as good but clearly student are more split on this area than ever.

And in the 2015 election they ran a liar liar campaign and actively told students not to vote liberal democrats.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending