The Student Room Group

Which unis to look for ?

Hi
Could anyone please help me by giving me a mindset of which unis I should apply for in clearing with this set of results
IB -30points
1 A at A level
Thank you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nino199777
Hi
Could anyone please help me by giving me a mindset of which unis I should apply for in clearing with this set of results
IB -30points
1 A at A level
Thank you

Hi, it would help if you could expand on what course you want to do, what your other grades were, what subjects you're taking etc.
Reply 2
Original post by BakedPotatoast
Hi, it would help if you could expand on what course you want to do, what your other grades were, what subjects you're taking etc.

Chemistry HL 4
Biology HL 5
English 5
Chinese 4
History HL 5
Maths SL 5
Core 2

A LEVEL CHINESE A
I'm looking to do law/ hotel tourism management/ optometry
Reply 3
Chemistry HL 4
Biology HL 5
English 5
Chinese 4
History HL 5
Maths SL 5
Core 2

A LEVEL CHINESE A

Thanks
Chemistry HL 4
Biology HL 5
English 5
Chinese 4
History HL 5
Maths SL 5
Core 2

A LEVEL CHINESE A

Haha that's an interesting spread of courses you want to do there.

Tbh I'm not exactly that well informed on the IB grading system but from what i can gather, your grades seem to be something like a bunch of B/ low A's as A-level.

With your Chinese grade, I assume you're Chinese? A lot of the top unis don't count exams you took if you're of that nationality but most do.

Anyways in terms of unis I'd probably look at the middle/ low high ranked unis. Maybe something like York/Leeds/Manchester ish? Of course it depends on what area you'd like to be in and what not. Try taking a look at the uni websites to see a more accurate list of the grades they want.
Chemistry HL 4
Biology HL 5
English 5
Chinese 4
History HL 5
Maths SL 5
Core 2

A LEVEL CHINESE A

Don't apply anywhere until you have decided which (if any) of those widely differing subjects you want to study.
As ageshallnot says, you must decide what you want to study first. Applying to three different courses will result in your application being thrown out by all of them for being either indecisive or ignorant of what any of the courses involve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending